High pressing

jesperjaap

It's very clear it's not being coached - you only needed to watch Arsenal & how structured their forwards and midfielders were out of possession versus our attempts to see a marked difference.
Sometimes we seem really up for it - in select big games - but otherwise it's very loose and I doubt any oppo fans think of us as having a press.
I agree, if it is it must be gettign coached badly or the players cant be coached. We seem to do it individually most of the time, you often see fernandes pressing and lucky to see anyone else with him other than someone chasing down the keeper.

Even worse is our total inability to handle a high press against us, we are probably the weakest of the bigger sides in the premiership at doing it

jesperjaap

Its not even about the high press for me though or following modern football, its pressing full stop. It seems far to easy for me for the opposition to work there way to the final third against us and it isnt a purposeful tactic to hit on the break as far as I can see in the majority of games.

I would just like to see us press in triangles like Juventus used to do so well in the 90s. I think the 4-3-3 is perfect for it. But no press when we dont have real quality defensive midfielders and when we are so poor at defending crosses....its suicide