Hirving Lozano

davidmichael

Is there anyone we’re not interested in ? We’re run in such a fecking shambles way, what happened to not buying for the sake of it and identifying the right player ? This is the biggest scattergun approach I’ve ever seen from any club in my life.

RedMilo

This old chestnut :lol: We must have been linked to this guy for the last 5 years

Red00012

He seemed like a good player for our bench judging by comments on here in 2019. So either we have got worse or he has imp….never mind

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Loved watching him in the 2018 world cup for Mexico and thought he had a great profile for premier league given how direct he is so was surprised no major team came in for him at PSV.

Been in and out at Napoli and not done a huge amount.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Another player Ten Hag must have admired in the Dutch league, direct right winger, not adverse to this for a reasonable fee.

Chairman Steve

I wonder if this link may involve Ronaldo being interested in going to Napoli and we’re looking to do a deal that involves Lozano going the other way.

Similarly to how we seem to be linked to some of Atletico Madrids forwards, with Atletico being a potential Ronaldo destination.

CM

I'd prefer this one to Gakpo. Rapid and direct. Should be fun if nothing else

forevrared

Only ever watched him for Mexico, but he just seems so extraordinarily average relative to the hype he’s given by El Tri fans.

Red_toad

Is there anyone we’re not interested in ? We’re run in such a fecking shambles way, what happened to not buying for the sake of it and identifying the right player ? This is the biggest scattergun approach I’ve ever seen from any club in my life.
Do you actually believe all the endless speculation? If so please seek help, or just take it from a seasoned transfer muppet, 99% of it is pure shite based on nothing or an agent trying to get his clients club to give them a longer contract on better wages.

Ted Lasso

How has he developed with Napoli? Haven't heard much about him at all in recent times since his transfer

NoPace

How has he developed with Napoli? Haven't heard much about him at all in recent times since his transfer
Had a bad season, fans seem only like 60/40 that he should start over Politano, who is a decent enough overall winger but nothing special. Solid mid-table starter but would struggle in the Prem I think. Did well the year before.

Some fans think he'd shine on the left as he's right-footed and Insigne ate up all the minutes there, and that seems fine because Insigne would have suffered more playing on the right and there should be some goal-scoring upside because Lozano is a cutting in shooting winger not an insane speedster you'd expect to be best on the right while being right footed, though the elite guys overcome that fine.

He cost a lot so that might be part of it, but I think the reason to be optimistic would be that he could play on the left here and it might really help his goal threat. Numbers for Mexico are okay (15 in 58) and I think he mostly plays on his favored left there.

Basically I'd say it's a solid signing who would start over current Rashford but comfortably behind Rashford back when he was in his best form. Definitely makes sense as a bridge signing for 2-3 years if you rate our youngsters and we can sell Lozano at age 29-30 at a small loss after getting a couple solid years out of him, but think Garnacho could use a year on loan tearing up the Championship or playing for one of the sides in La Liga that should stay up but not grab Europe and are short on funds (there's at minimum 5 of these teams at least) if you don't think he'd then fancy leaving.

Was supposed to be a star, but stagnated. Kinda looks like a meh signing except that maybe playing on the left can get him to be a consistent 10 goals a league season type. 27 so age is fine but probably not gonna be a great winger at this point like many expected. Also depends on if you think Sancho should play on the left or right.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He can go from brilliant to average pretty quickly. Not always first choice for Napoli because of this

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Another from the old list!!

we will be scouting the 1990s list next, Dion Dublin next
I suggested Dion weeks ago - he could help renovate Old Trafford and get it sold/rented, with a football stadium special of Homes Under the Hammer!