Hirving Lozano

adam118

Worried this would be another Depay. Even if he has the potential he would need to hit the ground running or Mourinho will show him the door. I reckon he will play it safe and sign Willian who has the experience and has already worked with Jose ( similar to Matic last year)

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
worse: does it mean we've given up on Ronaldo.. and guaranteed class?

Canagel

So does this rumour have any legs or is it just speculation at this point?

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
This rumour is Lieutenant Dan post-Vietnam
Luckily there are still enough Bubba's on here to never question it.

I love what I've seen of him for Mexico both at the World Cup and I remember he scored a very brave header in the Confederations Cup too as well as just really shined. We were linked with him when he was at Pachuca and he's gone on to rack up some very decent stats at PSV. I know the Dutch league isn't the best but his natural game seems really well suited to the Premier League, under Fergie I'd bet on him being an absolute hit.

Definitely worth a gamble imo.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
We have never been in for Ronaldo :lol:
a while back I remember Jose being quoted as saying he didn't think it was possible to get Ronaldo from Real Madrird. Does that not mean he was interested?

keener

I really enjoyed watching him during the Germany game but I'd take a pass and avoid World Cup premiums for a guy that had a decent/good tournament.

Suvvernmanc

Lozano is the one I want.. has been for a long time. Direct, pacy, great passer and his football IQ has improved alot since joining PSV.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Fine player.
Speed, a nose for goal and as previous poster stated has now added a good brain to his game.

Sjaakmeoff

No, please not Lozano. Headless chicken.

Bergwijn (also PSV) is better already, is younger and has a much higher ceiling if you ask me.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Fine player.
Speed, a nose for goal and as previous poster stated has now added a good brain to his game.
:confused: He's had a two month spell after the winter break where it looked like he was playing with blinders on, egocentric and very frustrating to watch, and he'll be 24 this summer already so I doubt he will ever fully lose that. Looks like a Napoli level player to me at the moment, he could do really nice things at that level, but the fat Italian bastard better not bring him anywhere near this club. Unless the plan for next year is to spend little and compete with Everton of course.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I would rather have him than Sanchez. It doesn't mean I would lose sleep over him, just a reflection of how poor Sanchez has been.

He does have the ability to cause chaos in a backline, mind.

Canagel

he's welcome here to replace Mata/Sanchez. but not as the only attacking player.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
:confused: He's had a two month spell after the winter break where it looked like he was playing with blinders on, egocentric and very frustrating to watch, and he'll be 24 this summer already so I doubt he will ever fully lose that. Looks like a Napoli level player to me at the moment, he could do really nice things at that level, but the fat Italian bastard better not bring him anywhere near this club. Unless the plan for next year is to spend little and compete with Everton of course.
Already? What do you mean already? 24 isn't old.

Eila

That was after a concussion, which he got during a match after he scored 2 goals. Before that injury he was definitely playing really well. And without him at his best, PSV are really struggling.

Castia

Always sceptical about the Dutch league. Players seem to be Messi-esque then join a top league and become flops.

Memphis was a major letdown.

Henrik Larsson

Already? What do you mean already? 24 isn't old.
Like I clearly said directly after, I don't think he will fully lose that. Opposed to some players who aren't naturally selfish but feel like they should be decisive to have a career, and therefore show great egocentrism when they're in the 18-20 year range and just made their debuts but lose it later on.

That was after a concussion, which he got during a match after he scored 2 goals. Before that injury he was definitely playing really well. And without him at his best, PSV are really struggling.
He's not a bad player, but come on, do you feel he is the type of unique talent that will push United to a next level?

Eila

Like I clearly said directly after, I don't think he will fully lose that. Opposed to some players who aren't naturally selfish but feel like they should be decisive to have a career, and therefore show great egocentrism when they're in the 18-20 year range and just made their debuts but lose it later on.

He's not a bad player, but come on, do you feel he is the type of unique talent that will push United to a next level?
No! Definitely more of an Everton player, at this moment. Just said that he's definitely not been mediocre at Eredivisie level. He also did well this CL.

Henrik Larsson

No! Definitely more of an Everton player, at this moment. Just said that he's definitely not been mediocre at Eredivisie level. He also did well this CL.
Fair enough, and maybe I'm too negative about him. He's been vital for PSV but I must admit he has really rubbed me the wrong way in various matches :lol:

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Think Lozano could be a decent squad addition at United under Solskjær — will sound cliched because they're both Mexicans, but along the lines of Chicharito (not consistently good for the starting XI, perhaps, but having some potential as a rotational player who can make an impact off the bench or as a starter in certain games). The obvious question that follows is if he can develop along those lines, and if we need to spend €40m on someone like that — and if his considerable marketing appeal, which is something Woodward will undoubtedly note, makes him a better target than say Neres from Ajax (who has a better skill set and is 2 years younger).

On a side note note, Lainez seems to be a more tantalizing prospect than Lozano (maybe even the best since dos Santos and Vela circa 2007), and should be monitored at Betis over the coming years provided his height doesn't prove to be a major stumbling block for the English game!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not heard great stuff about him. Isn't he a left winger as well?

passing-wind

Lozano simply isn't good enough to improve our starting 11. Would only make sense as a squad backup

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Not heard great stuff about him. Isn't he a left winger as well?
He can play on both flanks (more natural on the left but still quite good on the right when Ihattaren and Bergwin start at 10 and left wing respectively), and even as a roaming forward (of sorts) when De Jong drops deeper...
As regards his assessment, some of the criticism is overly harsh...while Lozano is by no means an elite prospect and XG data suggests that he shouldn't always be scoring at a good clip, he has a Heung-min-esque skill set in terms of finding space, turn of pace and versatility, and with more consistently sound decision-making could have a similar impact in the Premier League. Whether we need that profile of player is up for debate, though — considering Lingard is supposed to fulfill some of those functions beyond the starters. And of course, there's some skepticism because of the decline in quality of certain Eredivisie exports, aside from elite talents like De Ligt and De Jong — typified by someone like Jahanbakhsh (33 goals + assists in the league at AZ Alkmaar last season but out of sorts at Brighton).

Another side note, but Ihattaren is an intriguing player at PSV given the rise to prominence of skillful 10/8 hybrids like Paquetá, Ziyech, Alberto and Fernandes in the meta-game (aside from cream-of-the-crop performers like Pogba and previously Hamšík).

Still very young at 17, but he could be developed into a productive player (like Arsenal are doing with Guendouzi and City with Foden).

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
These are the sort of signings we should be making ie young talent on a decent fee whose hungry for success and would suit our game. I'd add the likes of Zaniolo, Pellegrini and Pepe to that list as well

Eila

Scored vs Chile a few days ago. Good finish.

These are the sort of signings we should be making ie young talent on a decent fee whose hungry for success and would suit our game. I'd add the likes of Zaniolo, Pellegrini and Pepe to that list as well
His hunger is definitely one of his best assets. Though he does tend to get too excited and does dumb shit, so he's had a couple red cards in his young career. A bit like Suarez, but not shown to be as crazy (so far).

sam147

Looks like a Napoli level player to me
Well that would be fine because Napoli have a better squad then United. There are better options with more potential. Every team needs grafters. If Ole has a specific role in mind and Lozano fits that then it is fine. However, we cannot expect him to fire us to a title. If we do sign Lozano we also need someone of Griezmanns calibre.