Hirving Lozano

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Not good enough, I don't think he will get into the West Ham side.

Inter Yer Nan

I saw an article from TMW last day about the same.
For 35 million, I'll love to have him
Can he play as RW?
Yes, but he plays far more as a LW and has always been more effective there when I've seen him. I watch a bit of Mexican football and liked him a lot before he joined PSV. I don't think he'd be a great signing though, personally. I do like Pulisic better and consider him to have a much higher ceiling and more mature head on his shoulders. I'd rather monitor him for a year or two and get him and have someone else like a Willian (or even just play Alexis on the right and Martial on the left) fill the position for now.

reddevil702

Not good enough at the moment. Decision making is very suspect and I don't think he would translate well to the PL. Can see him moving to a mid table team in Germany or Spain in a 1 - 2 years.

starman

Am I imagining things, but didnt we try signing him 4 or 5 years agos but there was a work permit problem or was that another Mexico or South American player?

EDIT: was thinking of Angelo Henriquez

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Yes, but he plays far more as a LW and has always been more effective there when I've seen him. I watch a bit of Mexican football and liked him a lot before he joined PSV. I don't think he'd be a great signing though, personally. I do like Pulisic better and consider him to have a much higher ceiling and more mature head on his shoulders. I'd rather monitor him for a year or two and get him and have someone else like a Willian (or even just play Alexis on the right and Martial on the left) fill the position for now.
I simply do not understand why we don't do this.

ravi2

Now that Douglas Costa has signed for Juve, I think Pulisic is the next best thing for our RW.
Not sure why we arent in for him... or play Sanchez on the right.

Sanchez was fantastic on the RW for Udinese and Barca

United Pro

Am I imagining things, but didnt we try signing him 4 or 5 years agos but there was a work permit problem or was that another Mexico or South American player?

We were linked with him 2 seasons ago tbf.

Inter Yer Nan

Now that Douglas Costa has signed for Juve, I think Pulisic is the next best thing for our RW.
Not sure why we arent in for him... or play Sanchez on the right.

Sanchez was fantastic on the RW for Udinese and Barca
I think the best thing for Pulisic is to stay at Dortmund for now. He's only 19 and I am not sure jumping in at one of the big English clubs is great for his development. He could either be rotated too much or not settle as a starter soon enough.

Of course we should be keeping close tabs on him and may have to strike a deal a little earlier than is ideal since I'm sure others will be monitoring him and will want to beat us to the deal.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
So we are signing players now based on their WC performances? I thought Ed revolutionised our scouting system, or something.

JohnLocke

My mate supports Barca and said they had been looking at him before the World Cup started.

Sign him up!!

Liked the look of him during the WC but never seen or heard of him before that though.

GiddyUp

I'd actually prefer playing Sanchez on the right and Martial on the left. Good wide players should be able to play on either side imo and I think this combination would produce the greater good for us. It feels like Jose's issues with Martial are personal though.
Or maybe Martial doing the same thing over and over and over with the same results, losing the ball. Personally i would prefer Martial as our second striker option. Unfortunately it seems he wants it all without the hard graft to achieve it.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
good talent but he should choose a stepping stone team for his own good, something like Everton/Westham or even Wolves. We need more established player, think Chong will explode next season and will have a good preseason too, looks top talent could do the same work as Lozano

rojinegroz

Bit of a tangent here but I'm surprised this fellow got anywhere the United team. I follow the team he played with this last season and he was brutal to watch. Missing a few sitters and just bad all around play. He had a bit of a good spell where he managed to grab a goal but he strikes me as the type of player that's all effort and little talent.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I've seen him play over 4 times now, and let me tell you, this lad Lazarro is the real deal.

Nick7

We actually signed him and he got a few appearances for us.

luke511

I'd love him here, Mourinho's track record with young wingers makes me feel a bit pessimistic though.

rojinegroz

We actually signed him and he got a few appearances for us.
I had no idea who he was but since I found a pic of him and Sir Alex I was pretty excited when Atlas signed him. We had Angelo and Ravel Morrison so I started dreaming of a team full of ex-United disappointing youths.

mad1max954

35million really isn’t much for a top ranked attacking wide player who is well thought of. Not in this market.

Worst case he gets loaned out a couple of times / we make a small (10mil) loss. Best case, turns into a hazard.

Arguing that he should go to an Everton doesn’t make sense for me because you are basically saying that if he does work out we can buy him in a couple of years for like 80 mils.

This is exactly the type of signing we should be making. Young progressive who could be somebody with minimal risk/ exposure.

ravi2

35million really isn’t much for a top ranked attacking wide player who is well thought of. Not in this market.

Worst case he gets loaned out a couple of times / we make a small (10mil) loss. Best case, turns into a hazard.

Arguing that he should go to an Everton doesn’t make sense for me because you are basically saying that if he does work out we can buy him in a couple of years for like 80 mils.

This is exactly the type of signing we should be making. Young progressive who could be somebody with minimal risk/ exposure.

I agree with this , 35M in these times might be worth taking a punt on

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

I agree with your sentiments. However, we have signed young promising wingers over the last few years. The issue is young players these days want game time, and clubs want instant success. We have signed Zaha, Depay, and Martial but neither the club or the players had patience. Mourinho also signed Salah and De Bruyne as young wingers but had to sell.

mad1max954

I agree with your sentiments. However, we have signed young promising wingers over the last few years. The issue is young players these days want game time, and clubs want instant success. We have signed Zaha, Depay, and Martial but neither the club or the players had patience. Mourinho also signed Salah and De Bruyne as young wingers but had to sell.
It is a fair point well made, but that comes down to the club and how we manage that. It’s a good problem to have after all. If you are good enough you will still come through.

Times like this you really appreciate Sir Alex and what he did for the kids. Hopefully Jose can follow suit but time will tell.

Hanky panky

Impressed me in world cup. I would take him with that price. Pacey and and can dribble. Mexico's best player in tournament.