Hojlund penalty shout vs Gabriel | Was it a penalty?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
We need to get real. It's the last few minutes of the game away to Arsenal, do we really think we're going to get a penalty for that especially when they've already overturned an Arsenal penalty earlier in the half?!

Sick of this whingeing, it's distracting from the team's many, many shortcomings.
Yeah, such an unfortunate distraction. What redcafe really needs right now is more focus on the team’s shortcomings.

Remember the geese

We need to get real. It's the last few minutes of the game away to Arsenal, do we really think we're going to get a penalty for that especially when they've already overturned an Arsenal penalty earlier in the half?!

Sick of this whingeing, it's distracting from the team's many, many shortcomings.
Awful post.

Verward

I felt it should have been a penalty as Gabriel had completely wrapped his hand around Hojlund’s body.
Was perplexed when VAR didn’t intervene

Kramer

Absolutely a penalty.

The best test is to see what would happen in the inverse situation.

If the on field ref gives a penalty, not a chance in hell VAR would overturn it.

Hence, a definite penalty.

Craig Ward

Never ever a penalty in a million years.

Laughable this is even a thread.

Grow up

gregor

Bit of an exaggeration. Any by a bit i mean 100%.

Hojlund tried to take him on, Gabriel was too strong. Move on
Last post before yours was on thursday, I guess you are the one who should move on. ;)

Grande

Dammit. Here I had just about managed to move on. Not thought about it for days - the relief! And then you come along, retraumatizing me without as much as a trigger warning. They should revoke your therapeutic license!

i agree with the summary. Højlund tried to take him on, which is allowed. Gabriel was too strong when using his arm to pull him off his feet, which is not allowed. Clear penalty. Now I just wanna die though.

Lyng

Nah Højlund is going past him, Gabriel is so weak that he has to pull Højlund down with him to stop him.

croadyman

I think the trouble was Rasmus locked arms with him and made it look like six of one and half a dozen of the other which made it harder