Television Hollywood Reporter's top 50 shows of the century

Dannn411

As expected from the hollywood reporter, the list is created by someone who lives inside an upper class American bubble.The list was instantly invalidated when I saw Breaking bad not being number one. I'm not someone who likes to go back and rewatch things yet I have rewatched it 3 times and everytime I rewatch, I am hooked all over again like I haven't watched it before. It is hands down the best tv show created in my lifetime at least.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
As expected from the hollywood reporter, the list is created by someone who lives inside an upper class American bubble.
Hmm
The list was instantly invalidated when I saw Breaking bad not being number one.
Hmmmm

It's kinda amusing people's outrage at other people not liking things as much as them.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I can't ever take these lists seriously because there's just too much posturing and politics involved in them.

Louie, one of the most acclaimed shows of the 21st century, isn't on the list. Everyone knows the reason, and it's not "the quality."

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Station Eleven is such an odd pick too. The book is great, but the TV series is very mediocre.
I feel the opposite here. The television series is a better series (amazing use of audiovisual tools) than the book is a book (middling prose).

Last edited:

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I think you could make an argument for a #1 show that isn't The Sopranos.

What's a little goofy is picking Mad Men as that show. Of all the shows on the list, it's the one that is most overtly and shamelessly copying The Sopranos.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Nice surprise to see Deadwood so high. Crafty and atmospheric story.

Some can argue about Battlestar Galactica being there and not The Expanse, but the cast and soundtrack of BSG was a strong point back in a day, from what I remember.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Homeland, Yellowstone, Fauda, Tehran, Bron, Mr. Inbetween (Wibble won't be happy).......

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Watchmen is always shamelessly overlooked in these kinds of conversations. That show was borderline perfect.

Haven't seen it but does anyone else really rate Reservation Dogs that highly?
Its watchable but not good enough to make the list imo

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Good lord, just looked at this.

Girls in the top ten? No True Detective?

The person who hasn't watched TV wrote a list

lsd

The Oracle
Good lord, just looked at this.

Girls in the top ten? No True Detective?

The person who hasn't watched TV wrote a list

True Detective was ruined by two bad seasons.

Third season had some promise and good acting but went absolutely nowhere

Widow

I've tried to watch Mad Men three times now because the rating for it are so high... It's terrible! I really dislike everything about it.

wr8_utd

:'(
Hilariously poor list. How is the Survivor ahead of The Leftovers and The Shield? Reservation Dogs at 6