Television RedCafe's Favourite TV Shows Of All Time Contest (THE RESULTS)

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Ok, finally it's time to reveal the results!

After a bunch of grueling rounds and some questionable choices, we've finally come down to the top 30!

I will post 6 TV shows per day throughout this week... Sorry but I also have a life!

If I tag you in the reveal of a TV show, it means you are the person that had it highest on your final list, so it would be good if you chimed in with a few words about why you selected the TV show being revealed.

I will also fill in the list below for convenience, in case you simply want to see the results in list view.

1. The Wire
2. The Sopranos
3. Breaking Bad
4. The Simpsons
5. Band Of Brothers
6. Game Of Thrones
7. Mad Men
8. Chernobyl
9. Black Adder
10. Twin Peaks
11. Better Call Saul
12. Succession
13. It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
14. South Park
15. True Detective
16. Stranger Things
17. Deadwood
18. The Office (US)
19. The Office (UK)
20. Lost
21. Spartacus
22. Futurama
23. Fargo
24. Parks & Recreation
25. The Leftovers
26. Curb Your Enthusiasm
27. Dark
28. The Shield
29. Black Mirror
30. Friends

Alrighty, that's me out for the night, I just wanted to get the thread set up.

The first batch of results will be released tomorrow.​

Last edited:

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Glad Friends beat Death Note and made the finals. It did great.
Anime is kind of niche though? Especially in this boomer forum :D

I can't believe that Friends beat other sitcoms like Peep Show, Malcolm In The Middle, Seinfeld and The IT Crowd. Shame on you guys!

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Anime is kind of niche though? Especially in this boomer forum :D

I can't believe that Friends beat other sitcoms like Peep Show, Malcolm In The Middle, Seinfeld and The IT Crowd. Shame on you guys!
Here's a few shows that didn't make it:

Peep Show
Seinfeld
The Last Of Us
Death Note
Watchmen
Narcos
Oz

But Friends is in the top 30... God :lol:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
:lol: to be fair my vote shouldn’t even count as I rarely watch tv / shows
Mate... just own up to it. You watch Friends on your way to work, at lunch time, on your breaks, on your way back from work, during dinner and then finish the night off by watching it in bed.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Mate... just own up to it. You watch Friends on your way to work, at lunch time, on your breaks, on your way back from work, during dinner and then finish the night off by watching it in bed.
You forgot about wank time

HTG

Supports
Bayern
So, where does Frasier rank?

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
I would love someone doing a comp of all the door kicks with Joe Rogan saying "ooooohhhhh!" underneath it.
:lol: maybe it would be also good to see his face expression (like when Conor knocked out Aldo).

Wing Attack Plan R

No. 29 - Black Mirror
Total Points: 29
Number Of Lists: 9
Highest Position: 1
Voter Of Highest Position: @Wing Attack Plan R

The first three “seasons” or volumes of BM are some of the best storytelling you will see anywhere. Because there is no connective tissue between episodes, it’s a little unfair to even consider it alongside shows that must use the same set up, same characters, and more or less put them through their paces in new ways each season. BM is different.

Each episode is a self contained movie, complete, with a central premise (what if the prime minister had to debase himself on live TV to save a princess (The National Anthem)? what if in a future powered by cycling the only options available were drudgery or sex work, could love find a way? (Fifteen Million Merits) that is explored in detail. It deals with technology and how that either enhances or diminishes the essence of being human.

Sometimes the show shifts perspectives and the person we are watching turns out to be the villain. Shut Up And Dance takes internet vigilantism to extremes. The White Bear is a visceral nightmare where a woman is persecuted by unknown strangers for unknown reasons.

BM on occasion is on fire. White Christmas, with Jon Hamm and Rafe Spall, is beautifully done, horrific, and mesmerizing. Bandersnatch takes a legendary unfinished video game that drives users to madness and suicide, and allows the viewer to choose the actions each character makes. My other favorites are Play Test, USS Calister, and Crocodile.

Yes, this show lost its way, but not as spectacularly as Game of Thrones or Lost. The Miley Cyrus episode was a mistake. Arkangel was boring. Striking Vipers was much ado about nothing. So yes, the series is not perfect, but the good episodes probably should have been fleshed out to feature length and swept the awards shows. It’s an amazing compendium, and ya’ll are a bunch of philistines who didn’t vote it higher.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
A non-English speaking show in the Top 30? I don't believe it Geoff!

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
This show looked right up my street but I really struggled to get into it. It genuinely might be the subs but I don't believe that as I watch a lot of subtitled stuff. I think the subs plus the many characters and plots plus having it all to binge at once didn't help though. I never watched the second season because I can't remember anything from the first.

Moby

Dick
This show looked right up my street but I really struggled to get into it. It genuinely might be the subs but I don't believe that as I watch a lot of subtitled stuff. I think the subs plus the many characters and plots plus having it all to binge at once didn't help though. I never watched the second season because I can't remember anything from the first.
It started well and the build up for the first 1.5-2 seasons even was quite good, the premise and setting was excellent but as it went on you could see that they would need to really work hard to find a way out of that and be able to close everything reasonably, which I thought they did to an extent but you just had to ignore a few things to not let it reduce what was otherwise a pretty good quality show and one that bordered on overextending but wrapped up just in time.