g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Nice, will pick this up!
I thought it was PlayStation exclusive?

General consensus from reviews is: graphically superb, satisfying mechanics/combat, great world-building and forgettable everything else.
I've heard the story is pretty good too. So I'm not entirely sure what more we could want. But then again, I'm simple.

Stormsurfer21

Yakuza is the best game I've played in ages. Anyone who doesn't see it as a must buy should change their mind immediately.
This!! Still not sure about Horizon: Zero Dawn. I'll probably pick it up in a few months though. Not wanting to bash the game, but couldn't they have come up with a better sounding title?

Coxy

This!! Still not sure about Horizon: Zero Dawn. I'll probably pick it up in a few months though. Not wanting to bash the game, but couldn't they have come up with a better sounding title?
Is that why you're not sold on the game....the title?

Stormsurfer21

Is that why you're not sold on the game....the title?
It was just a remark. I have a lot of games to play through before I'll think of buying this one (Yakuza 0, FF XV, Nioh, Persona 5 in April...) It looks fun, but I meant I was not hyped up as some other people hence why I said I'll pick it up in a few months. Nothing wrong with that, I guess.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What I played at egx felt good, reviews have been a nice surprise tho. GG pivot from Killzone to this and smash it out the park, well done!

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Want to play this.... But still have too many other games in my collection yet to be finished.

Witcher 3 and Dark souls 3 being two of them.

I'll probably pick this up in six months then!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
General consensus from reviews is: graphically superb, satisfying mechanics/combat, great world-building and forgettable everything else.
Some YouTube reviews I've seen say the main plot is impressive too, whilst the tower climbing - like actual Assassins Creed type - and side quests are the weakest points.

Coxy

Some YouTube reviews I've seen say the main plot is impressive too, whilst the tower climbing - like actual Assassins Creed type - and side quests are the weakest points.
to be fair they aren't like assassins creed. The 'towers' move...

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
I've heard the story is pretty good too. So I'm not entirely sure what more we could want. But then again, I'm simple.
Time to buy my first Ubisoft game. :drool:
EDIT: Guerilla not Ubisoft

Does anyone know what the DLC plans for this title are like? I make a habit of waiting till all are bundled for a decent price but I have more time to kill nowadays.

Last edited:

kps88

Not sure if I should get this or wait for Zelda. I'll be finishing Nioh in a day or two as well so the timing is great.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
22 days until Mass Effect releases. An awful long time to sink your teeth into this. :D
Still have to complete Yakuza 0 + Fifa UT takes up a lot of my gaming time. I wanna play it and savour it. Plus I'm play Witcher 3 again in parts. 3rd playthrough and I still have to drag myself away from it.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Getting this delivered today. Awesome stuff, it is supposed to phenomenal.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Looks stunning. Worth buying just for the graphics alone.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Yeah, let's just remember that screen shot modes are actually what the game looks like in play! :lol:

Still, have to admire the artwork :drool:
The guy who posted many of those pics did have this to say:

Unless you use filters or other effects like DOF etc. the game looks in photomode exactly like it does during gameplay. It's not like Driveclub where the graphics are indeed a bit more polished in photomode.
All the pics that I posted are without any filters or effects applied. I just use the camera to to frame the image and maybe zoom out or in a little.

Standard PS4 owners really don't need to worry. The game looks spectacular there too. The only real flaw it has is less great texture filtering.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
The guy who posted many of those pics did have this to say:
Taking a still that the engine renders up is still not what you are seeing on the screen in motion, extra filters or not. It just doesn't work that way, nor are either the standard or pro machines capable.

That doesn't mean it's not a beautiful game of course.