Television House MD

Justin

Just started watching it and instantly hooked. Brilliant medical drama.

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!
Good series although I have grown a bit bored of it mainly because it's now repeated ad infinitum on about 6 channels here so when I think I'm catching up with a new episode I often get 10 minutes in and realise I've gone back 2 series to one I've seen before.

Don't know if you've spotted the similarity yet Smurf but the writers have acknowledged that House is a medical homage to Sherlock Holmes.

House being Holmes of course (house and home :smirk:), Wilson being Watson, the drug addiction, the walking stick, much of his attitude and the general detective type theme of each case. In the second series you even catch a brief glimpse of House's front door and lo and behold the house number is

manxmanc

My flatmate loves this, is it worth my time Elvis?

*I've not read this thread, as I don't want to see any possible spoilers.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Good series although I have grown a bit bored of it mainly because it's now repeated ad infinitum on about 6 channels here so when I think I'm catching up with a new episode I often get 10 minutes in and realise I've gone back 2 series to one I've seen before.

Don't know if you've spotted the similarity yet Smurf but the writers have acknowledged that House is a medical homage to Sherlock Holmes.

House being Holmes of course (house and home :smirk:), Wilson being Watson, the drug addiction, the walking stick, much of his attitude and the general detective type theme of each case. In the second series you even catch a brief glimpse of House's front door and lo and behold the house number is
I didn't know that, no. Though I never really did pay much attention in class when we were doing Sherlock Holmes! Which I regret looking back because I have seen a couple of the murder mysteries since and I did enjoy them.

I'll look out for 221B:)

My flatmate loves this, is it worth my time Elvis?

*I've not read this thread, as I don't want to see any possible spoilers.
I think so, I didn't think I would be too keen on it as I didn't think the whole medical drama would be my thing, but my mate insisted I watch it so I did. I happen to think it is excellent.

It's worth tuning in just to see Dr. House.

sonymobby

No shit Sherlock. j/k!

twitter thread suggester
Load of half-baked bollox.

Literally the only medical bit that even vaguely rings true is how much he dislikes so many of his patients.
They apparently have a team of doctors behind the script, making sure all the medical stuff is something which could or have already happened in real life.
There's only been a couple episodes where there haven't been a real life case similar to the ones in the show, if I'm not mistaken. The one where someone could tell if others were lying, or something like that, was one of them.

The realism has apparently disappeared more and more over the last couple of years or so.
I wouldn't really know, as it's all gibberish to me anyway, but the show itself is great.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
*SPOILERS*

This is season has been a disappointment for me. They are losing US viewership fast as well. Problems according to me:

1)The medical side of things is getting worse and worse. Too much personal melodrama. Need to go back to roots and make the medical mystery central focus of an episode. Too many gimmicky episode as well.

2)Too much focus on 13 who is a shit actor. Taub does not do anything for me either. Kutner is the only interesting character for moi.

3)I would personally get rid of Foreman. Bring back chase and cameroon into the loop.

Also this season seems to be lacking a common theme unless it is gonna be about "Huddy".

Ivor Ballokov

*SPOILERS*

This is season has been a disappointment for me. They are losing US viewership fast as well. Problems according to me:

1)The medical side of things is getting worse and worse. Too much personal melodrama. Need to go back to roots and make the medical mystery central focus of an episode. Too many gimmicky episode as well.

2)Too much focus on 13 who is a shit actor. Taub does not do anything for me either. Kutner is the only interesting character for moi.

3)I would personally get rid of Foreman. Bring back chase and cameroon into the loop.

Also this season seems to be lacking a common theme unless it is gonna be about "Huddy".
I agree in parts, it is still entertaining but I don't get the same excitement as I used to.

1) Some were complaining about the shows medical narrative being too formulaic and the need for more character driven plot so you can see why they've tried it but I agree it hasn't been handled brilliantly. The whole private eye and hostage episode were a bit too far fetched I thought and spoilt my enjoyment for a while.

2) I couldn't agree more about 13, she brings very little to the show. I quite like Taub though, Kutner is by far the best of the new gang which is ironic as I didn't like him at all at the start.

3) I don't think bringing Chase back into it now would make any real sense as he seems to have moved on, Cameron however I would welcome back and it would fit into her character too. If you've seen this weeks episode you will obviously know she is going to be the new assistant chief of medicine and will be more involved with house.

If I can I will add a 4th point, the show needs more wilson.

manxmanc

I think so, I didn't think I would be too keen on it as I didn't think the whole medical drama would be my thing, but my mate insisted I watch it so I did. I happen to think it is excellent.

It's worth tuning in just to see Dr. House.
Cheers, may give it ago once I get through prison break, and then 24...

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
Very good show that I started watching last year, on Season 3 now.

Agree with the bit where it does get a bit formulaic since I've watched three seasons already. First season was funny but slowly it's the same old thing. House is excellent though, like Cameron too.

Alex

Load of half-baked bollox.

Literally the only medical bit that even vaguely rings true is how much he dislikes so many of his patients.
He pulls so much shit too, most of the tests and procedures he calls for are ludicrous and then he finally figures it out, which in most cases he could have figured out with a simple well done history. But instead he had to do 8 different, an ERCP, then brain surgery to figure out someone had a patent ductus arteriosis.

DocRockter

I just saw a episode of Frasier from 1998 and Lisa Edelstein made a guest appearance in it.. She looked damn hot and compering her to "Cuddy" she hadn't aged that much.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Just finished Season 4. Final 2 episodes were immense, and the latter part of the final episode was quite emotional. Looking forward to seeing Season 5 and how Wilson and House's relationship goes.

Great season aswell, probably my favourite despite it being the shortest. Excellent series.

Alex

Thank feck, someone who actually call them seasons instead of series

crappycraperson

Scout
Just finished Season 4. Final 2 episodes were immense, and the latter part of the final episode was quite emotional. Looking forward to seeing Season 5 and how Wilson and House's relationship goes.

Great season aswell, probably my favourite despite it being the shortest. Excellent series.
Aye, I never thought they would top S2 finale. S4's last two did though.

S5 has been average so far IMO.

kietotheworld

It's the new "ducklings", they're nowhere near as good.
Been thinking this for a while. It was interesting while they were being selected but Chase, Cameron and Foreman were much more intersting characters. It seems unlikely they could go back to those 3 as well without changing the characters.

Justin

Taub is OK. The others don't really have a personality.
No, they don't. When you look back at the original, they had real chemistry and were always at each other.

With the new cast, even their specialities are boring. I mean, plastic surgery and sports medicine?!?

Alex

Nip/Tuck is a far superior show IMO, a bit out there but thoroughly entertaining, I just cant stand House he seems a good character there is just something about it

crappycraperson

Scout
Taub is OK. The others don't really have a personality.

All in all I agree, season 5 is not as good. There were only a few episodes which were really good. (Though I would still rate average House episodes higher than most other TV shows.)
I hate thirteen with a passion. Wilde can not act to save her life, soppy storylines involving her do nothing for me. Kutner I like but he has been handled very poorly. Also I think Foreman has run his course. They should bring back Chase and Cameroon and keep one of Taub and Kutner on.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
I hate thirteen with a passion. Wilde can not act to save her life, soppy storylines involving her do nothing for me. Kutner I like but he has been handled very poorly. Also I think Foreman has run his course. They should bring back Chase and Cameroon and keep one of Taub and Kutner on.
Couldn't agree more but 13 was OK in the hostage ep. We don't see enough of Cameron or chase for my liking and taub summed it up perfectly to 13, with the two faces he did about foreman when he's sad and when he's happy:lol: This has been a good series but only a few eps really stand out, the hostage one, house's father's funeral one, the last one and a few others.

DoctorEvil

Couldn't agree more but 13 was OK in the hostage ep. We don't see enough of Cameron or chase for my liking and taub summed it up perfectly to 13, with the two faces he did about foreman when he's sad and when he's happy:lol: This has been a good series but only a few eps really stand out, the hostage one, house's father's funeral one, the last one and a few others.

Those are the two I enjoyed most so far. (From the current season, that is.)

crappycraperson

Scout
I did not like the hostage one, they could not pull it off.
Agree about funeral one and the last one. The worst episode was probably when thirteen goes blind, cringeworthy, I wanted to stab my eyes out.

mehro

Ass face
The first team was far better. Still, great show. Best thing on TV these days.

Bring back, Cameron! And less of Cuddy's adoption crap.