Television House of the Dragon (GoT Prequel) - No book spoilers allowed

cafecillos

I didn't see that rule. If they wanna infract me, be my guest. I don't really care if you think something that simple is worth an infraction.
Nah, I'm certainly not going to report you for this. It is a very clear and simple rule, though.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Dragon size chart, according to Reddit at least...

Never even heard of most of those. They mentioned Vhagar is off nesting somewhere though. Hope they show it.
I feel like "Sheepstealer" was let down by whoever named him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's not bad, but suffering a bit from a lack of interesting main characters to give screen time and plot points to. No palate cleanse or 'comic relief' characters and overall feeling a bit bland.
Im missing a couple of characters with a sense of humour or mischief. Its quite bland so far. Sure they are setting things up but its like watching a beige wall.
I agree a little with this. There is a bit of harmless mischief missing that early Thrones had with the likes of Robert, Tyrion, and Bronn. Only major thing I’d say is missing so far

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I agree a little with this. There is a bit of harmless mischief missing that early Thrones had with the likes of Robert, Tyrion, and Bronn. Only major thing I’d say is missing so far
Yup , I agree too.

It's a bit wooden but maybe that's because we haven't met the misfits yet.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I've missed this. People getting arsey about a spoiler policy that's been in place for a very long time. Other people misinterpreting comments and accusing the posters of posting spoilers. We're back baby.

Castia

Really getting into this it’s been great so far.

This and Lord of the Rings on Amazon going forward, could be some great TV.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

Never even heard of most of those. They mentioned Vhagar is off nesting somewhere though. Hope they show it.
Yeah seen that, weird how the dragons from GOT look as big as these ones though.

Gandalf

Really getting into this it’s been great so far.

This and Lord of the Rings on Amazon going forward, could be some great TV.
Deeply worried about that one to be honest. Amazon managed to make the Wheel of Time into fairly forgettable YA fluff and the trailers and character bios released on Lord of the Rings looks like they are going for another soapy teen drama with pointy ears.

Bebe

Who teleported?
I thought that it was a little weird to see Lord Corlis (or whatever his name was) visiting with Daemon without any attention being paid to how that meeting would need to be arranged secretly. But I take the point another poster made that this show will be jumping ahead in time as it progresses.

Fully Fledged

I thought that it was a little weird to see Lord Corlis (or whatever his name was) visiting with Daemon without any attention being paid to how that meeting would need to be arranged secretly. But I take the point another poster made that this show will be jumping ahead in time as it progresses.
I was disappointed that they have moved forward the week that it would have took for him to travel to Driftmark rather than show the immediate aftermath of showing the princess that everybody has been lying to her.
We will probably see a rift rather than an immediate consequence.

Bebe

Wow, I thought Drogon seemed larger in GOT than any of the dragons in this so far.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Wow, I thought Drogon seemed larger in GOT than any of the dragons in this so far.
Yeah they proper fecked up with the dragons in GOT, they went for the "ooo AHH amazing" not thinking about what would happen if they got a spin off.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

That can’t be canon. Everybody knows the blue whale was the largest animal ever, even including dinosaurs.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
FFS stop posting spoilers of any sort. Not even in spoiler tags. One poster has already been warned and thread banned for 7 days. I've deleted lost of posts that were or may be spoilers/book content/previews. Please report any that I have missed as I can't got through 17 pages post by post.

From now on warnings and thread bans will occur if the spoiler policy continues to be ignored.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/spoiler-policy-updated-02-11-2021.350710/

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Every time I see Erling Haaland I think about how he'd be so much better as Daemon Targaryan.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
FFS stop posting spoilers of any sort. Not even in spoiler tags. One poster has already been warned and thread banned for 7 days. I've deleted lost of posts that were or may be spoilers/book content/previews. Please report any that I have missed as I can't got through 17 pages post by post.

From now on warnings and thread bans will occur if the spoiler policy continues to be ignored.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/spoiler-policy-updated-02-11-2021.350710/
Can people talk about things that happened in the GoT TV series? I didn't see a rule about shows from the same universe. In this case, info from that TV series could spoiler things for people only watching this one.

roseguy64

I was disappointed that they have moved forward the week that it would have took for him to travel to Driftmark rather than show the immediate aftermath of showing the princess that everybody has been lying to her.
We will probably see a rift rather than an immediate consequence.
How would it take him a week to make it to Driftmark?

Traub

Which dragons have we seen in this series? I'm guessing that huge skull we saw in episode 1 was Balerion.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Already the pacing feels designed to get to the next bit of action. The guy with the dreads turned on a fecking dime to sidle up to that big freaky brother. It's all heavy plot stacking with very little in the way of story or character. I know that this is actually my fault and an unrealistic expectation to have of modern tv shows, especially one spawned by late seasons GOT, but I want what I want. I thought the bridge scene was Marvel levels of lame and felt like every episode of the last 3 seasons of GOT - blonde girl swoops in by surprise to show the boys how it's done with a feck off dragon.

I like the enfeebled king stuff, the anxious queen to be stuff and the queen that never was angle (even if they've rehashed a bunch of speeches from GOT here), but these detail-focused strands feel somewhat ephemeral given the rate at which louder plot elements are being cycled through.

Not given up yet but I'm hoping for some character drama rather than just roleplaying an avatar through a fantasy land with a bunch of big events. I get this is a minority view.

Loving the picture. A spoiler warning for anyone who hasn't read Chekhov but they will.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can't help but notice an awful lot of greenscreening in this. Not sure if I've just gotten good at noticing it or it's particularly obvious but you can tell quite a lot is shot on a sound stage.

The aerial views of Kings Landing look like a PS3 game and it doesn't look like they went back to Dubrovnik for it.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Can't help but notice an awful lot of greenscreening in this. Not sure if I've just gotten good at noticing it or it's particularly obvious but you can tell quite a lot is shot on a sound stage.

The aerial views of Kings Landing look like a PS3 game and it doesn't look like they went back to Dubrovnik for it.
I imagine that's a lot to do with the fact that it was mostly shot during Covid.

Fully Fledged

How would it take him a week to make it to Driftmark?
Looking at the map of Westeros Driftmatk is about as far away from kings Landing as the Stoney Sept or Harrenhal which makes it about 470 miles away. A ship from that period could travel 50-100 miles a day depending on weather. So an optimistic view would be 5 days but a week more likely.

GloryHunter07

I've missed this. People getting arsey about a spoiler policy that's been in place for a very long time. Other people misinterpreting comments and accusing the posters of posting spoilers. We're back baby.
Just need to get into the cycle of “too slow, boring, too much buildup” followed by “jetpacking, how did they get from Location A to B so quickly”

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Just need to get into the cycle of “too slow, boring, too much buildup” followed by “jetpacking, how did they get from Location A to B so quickly
By a margin the most ridiculous criticism of a show like this. Who fecking cares how far apart A and B are? And why the feck would you have any interest in watching people commute?

GloryHunter07

By a margin the most ridiculous criticism of a show like this. Who fecking cares how far apart A and B are? And why the feck would you have any interest in watching people commute?
Its very strange, almost like people are/were just desperate to complain about something.
**Tonight in Game of Thrones, Sam shits over the side of a boat and Jon pisses on a tree.**

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I have this impressive ability with game of thrones where, when I read a book spoiler, I start reading a different subject entirely and I manage to get said spoiler completely out of my mind. I know I read one ages ago about house of the dragon and haven't the foggiest what it was now. Don't know if I should be worried infact :lol:

Spoony

The People's President
This makes me all nostalgic for the Lost thread. All we need now is @Spoony to come in and tell us it's actually shit.

Can I. Please? I'm probably going to binge on this eventually. Only got three eps left of Better Call Saul which is my favourite before finding something else. Hope you're loving House of Dragon. :D

Fully Fledged

I surprised that you ever got into the show in the first place as most of the more memorable scenes from the first five seasons were of people travelling. Arya/The Hound, Tyron/Bronn and Jaimie/Bronn to name but a few.
I'm surprised that you actually like fantasy at all as most of the iconic fantasy series are based solely around the hardships people suffer whist travelling, Lord of the Rings and Wheels of Time to name two.

The problem with the last season of Game of Thrones is not that they cut out the travelling that was fine if that's the way that they wanted to go. It was more that people Insta travelled from one side of the map to the other. Take Euron Greyjoy for example. They showed him in King's Landing then 2 minutes later he was outside Casterly Rock destroying Danny's fleet, two minutes later he was back in King's Landing. The whole idea was so unfeasible as to be comical. Plot holes like that completely destroy the story.