Television House of the Dragon (GoT Prequel) - No book spoilers allowed

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
How many dragons does the brother have vs the King? Wouldn’t that be the clearest indicator of who’d win in a fight?

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Im missing a couple of characters with a sense of humour or mischief. Its quite bland so far. Sure they are setting things up but its like watching a beige wall.

Bebe

Really liking this so far, feels like a return to the measured, political game of thrones instead of the Michael Bay mess it became by the end.

Teleporting characters are back though, which is a shame.

The Firestarter

Really liking this so far, feels like a return to the measured, political game of thrones instead of the Michael Bay mess it became by the end.

Not sure how long that journey was supposed to take by sea, but the pacing from the early GoT seasons was indeed preferable.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

Who teleported?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The throne is a giant spikey metaphor, as the media literate dragon at the end of GOT recognised.

Drainy

It's not bad, but suffering a bit from a lack of interesting main characters to give screen time and plot points to. No palate cleanse or 'comic relief' characters and overall feeling a bit bland.

)_(

Dragonstone, Driftmark and King's landing are all pretty close to each other. The show also covers about 20 years from the first moment we see Viserys rule so we're not gonna see people sailing along the sea to Dragonstone for half an episode.
At this point in time of the story, how many dragons does the king have?
Rhaenyra and Rhaenys ride a dragon atm, and of course Daemon, the king's dragon died many years ago (Balerion the Black Dread, that was mentioned in his conversation with his potential child bride) and he hasn't taken a new dragon. The whole thing that one person controls multiple dragons like Dany did isn't really something that happens in any of the books.

Last edited:

Fully Fledged

At this point in time of the story, how many dragons does the king have?
They said there was ten, nine years ago when the last king was naming his successor. So I would say that there are somewhere around that figure still alive. Who has what dragons though is something that they haven't explained.

mu4c_20le

It's not bad, but suffering a bit from a lack of interesting main characters to give screen time and plot points to. No palate cleanse or 'comic relief' characters and overall feeling a bit bland.
Not saying you are, but people shouldn't be comparing it with GoT 1:1, as it's much smaller in scale. As a spin-off, I'm impressed by the quality and the levels that they maintained.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Not saying you are, but people shouldn't be comparing it with GoT 1:1, as it's much smaller in scale. As a spin-off, I'm impressed by the quality and the levels that they maintained.
Smaller doesn't have to mean lacking humor. I'm hoping someone funny shows up, though hopefully not just a copy of Tyrion.

The best part of GoT, for me, was the breaking of tropes and giving us the unexpected. I'm hoping there's more to Daemon than just a brooding psychopath.

Drainy

Sure but its still pretty one tone. The best TV has a good mix. I'm not calling for Marvelesque buddy comedy jokes, just some palate cleansing.

Can't we see someone on a journey somewhere or something, not just another conversation in a hall.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Im missing a couple of characters with a sense of humour or mischief. Its quite bland so far. Sure they are setting things up but its like watching a beige wall.
Yeah, it is all a little humourless and po-faced at the moment. Hopefully, that changes with the introduction of some other characters. Thought this episode was a little slow in the first half. The bridge scene was good simply because it was a change of scenery.

cafecillos

Plenty of book talk in this thread already :nervous:

We still need someone to guess at a timeline though.

cafecillos

The rule is so fecking simple. A book reader should have no trouble reading AND understanding it, and yet...

any and all information from the original source material e.g. book or graphic novel must be in a separate thread. This sort of material must never be posted in a thread about the TV version, even if spoilered, and failure to comply will result in an infraction.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Dragon size chart, according to Reddit at least...

Never even heard of most of those. They mentioned Vhagar is off nesting somewhere though. Hope they show it.

)_(

The rule is so fecking simple. A book reader should have no trouble reading AND understanding it, and yet...
I didn't see that rule. If they wanna infract me, be my guest. I don't really care if you think something that simple is worth an infraction.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Yeah, it is all a little humourless and po-faced at the moment. Hopefully, that changes with the introduction of some other characters. Thought this episode was a little slow in the first half. The bridge scene was good simply because it was a change of scenery.
Do you know how many seasons they intend? I know its early days so hopefully it has a bit more depth as it goes on. I started watching GoT again from season 1 and even in just the 1st episode there was a bit more depth.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Do you know how many seasons they intend? I know its early days so hopefully it has a bit more depth as it goes on. I started watching GoT again from season 1 and even in just the 1st episode there was a bit more depth.
It's already been renewed for a second season, but I'm not sure if there's anything concrete after that. I think the creators were talking about 3-4 seasons as opposed to the 8 of GoT

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
SCARY SPOILER REMOVED the rest is all things he said in the show. That doesn't say anything about what could possibly happen in the future of the show. People on here go in a panic every time a book is mentioned.
I don't see why it's such a big deal for you to not mention the book in here, though? I never get it, it's so weird that you feel you have to bring it up and harp on about it and then get all pissy when people tell you not to. It's a simple rule.

Just do what we did for GoT and make your own thread to discuss it with book spoilers, simple.