Television House of the Dragon (GoT Prequel) - No book spoilers allowed

SuperiorXI

Second episode was leaked online with French subtitles, can't believe they've done it again. I did some searching and found it quickly, I reported it right away, everyone should help do the same.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The first episode was both boring and trying to shock for no narrative reason. Worse still it took itself far too seriously.

I'll watch the second episode but I'm very disappointed so far.
Hasn't Game of Thrones always taken itself extremely seriously?

Simbo

Not looked forward to the next episode of something as much as this for a long time!

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Second episode was leaked online with French subtitles, can't believe they've done it again. I did some searching and found it quickly, I reported it right away, everyone should help do the same.
Disappointed with the intro. I thought they would come up with an original intro and music instead they just rehashed the GOT intro and the same musical theme..

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Hasn't Game of Thrones always taken itself extremely seriously?
I’m not sure. I definitely remember lighter moments. Of which there were zero in episode one of this show. I can see @Wibble ‘s point.

I did enjoy it more than him though. But will get tired of it soon enough if every episode is as po-faced as that. Plus all the politics is a bit of a bore.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I’m not sure. I definitely remember lighter moments. Of which there were zero in episode one of this show. I can see @Wibble ‘s point.

I did enjoy it more than him though. But will get tired of it soon enough if every episode is as po-faced as that. Plus all the politics is a bit of a bore.
Bronn was funny. And Thyrion, though more in a sarcast cnut kind of way. All the Denaeryes (how do you spell all these Targaryan names) bits always seemed moronically over serious given how ludicrous most of it was. I actually quite like the politics, small council stuff.

I can't get over Matt Smith's weird head though. Had the same problem in the Crown. Just can't figure out what's weird about it.

)_(

I thought episode 1 had a couple of light moments, more than I expected from hearing other people talk, but if you think the politics is a bore then this story probably won't be for you cause it's all politics and not a lot of lightness. Of course there will also be the customary GoT style murder and scheming but less of the funny. Then again I was always more interested in the politics and one of the worst things they did for me was give more screentime to characters like Bronn and the Hound. From what I've heard of spoiler free reviews this one is actually more politics focused, and is pretty much a set up episode for what happens next.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Bronn was funny. And Thyrion, though more in a sarcast cnut kind of way. All the Denaeryes (how do you spell all these Targaryan names) bits always seemed moronically over serious given how ludicrous most of it was. I actually quite like the politics, small council stuff.

I can't get over Matt Smith's weird head though. Had the same problem in the Crown. Just can't figure out what's weird about it.
He looks a bit like Haaland. They both have very weird heads.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He looks a bit like Haaland. They both have very weird heads.
He does, but I just can't figure out what's wrong. It was like God made them, but had to run an errand while working on them and forgot the fill out the detailed features or something.

Great actor though. Matt Smith, not Haaland.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
He does, but I just can't figure out what's wrong. It was like God made them, but had to run an errand while working on them and forgot the fill out the detailed features or something.

Great actor though. Matt Smith, not Haaland.
Same for me with Milly Alcock, the princess, but with her it’s in a cute endearing way. Like Tolstoy with his ‘her particular defect is her own special type of beauty‘ thing. Or maybe that was Hemingway…? Nah, that has to be Tolstoy.

Last edited:

roseguy64

Disappointed with the intro. I thought they would come up with an original intro and music instead they just rehashed the GOT intro and the same musical theme..
Could've done without knowing this but meh. Saw the leaked opening on twitter and scrolled past it.

Tyrion

The lighter moments were either from smarmy outcasts like Tyrion or Varys or small folk like Pod or Bronn. There's no one like that in the show. Not yet anyway. The closest to funny was Daemon.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Alcock was an interesting cast. I can't exactly say she's pretty by GOT standard. Her mates is more stunning. But there's something about her i can't pinpoint that makes her, kinda mysterious. Very subtle. Was it strength? Confidence? Resolve?

Anyway. She's actually quite stunning in real life... In some picture... From some other angle she looks... Different...

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Alcock was an interesting cast. I can't exactly say she's pretty by GOT standard. Her mates is more stunning. But there's something about her i can't pinpoint that makes her, kinda mysterious. Very subtle. Was it strength? Confidence? Resolve?

Anyway. She's actually quite stunning in real life... In some picture... From some other angle she looks... Different...
Have you watched Upright? She is great in that. The HOTD script seems to have given her little to work with .

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I like it. There was more intrigue and less token sex and violence from tourneys or gold cloaks’ rampages/orgies. I still need more Daemon screen time to make my mind up on him.

I also love the king’s guard dude looking after Rhaenyra, the guy from The Witcher. He’s a quality supporting actor whenever I‘ve seen him recently.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
No way! I loved Upright and hadn’t realised it’s the same girl.
She looks very different with her hair drawn back. I loved upright. The end of ep5 where Minchin sang Carry You in the desert has me wiping my eyes.

She lives just down the road from me and was back doing bar work after Upright until she landed this gig.

Last edited:

SuperiorXI

I enjoyed that episode, it's good to get some politically intriguing episodes from the GOT world again. I think they're slowly drumming up the tension which is the right way to do it.

I think the King is an absolute cnut for what he did to his wife.

mu4c_20le

Viserys is weak, and what he did to Lord Corlys was not right. Otto is a slimy cnut.