Television House of the Dragon (GoT Prequel) - No book spoilers allowed

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

Someone just pointed out to me that this is King Viserys. He came a long way before winning the Iron Throne.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Should have ended the episode on Aegon's coronation. The Rhaenys moment ranks there with one of the stupidest things I've seen in GOT and that's saying something.
I think it would have been perfect if you heard the dragon roar and you see her flying away in the distance (the doors of the dragon pit framing her escape) because it would still mean that their plan is fecked without all the nonsense.

Tyrion

The actor of the lord refusing to support Aegon played Sophie's dad in Peep Show.

It was a mash up between a line in Peep Show and his line in HotD. In PS is was 'I'm no badger baiter', HotD 'I'm no oath breaker'
Ah alright. That totally went over my head. :lol:

arnie_ni

Maybe I'm missing something. The guy with the limp, can someone explain exactly what he was talking about before he jerked himself off to her feet?

And then what building was on fire?

And finally who was the guy helping Rhaenys out?

The first time within the whole GOT franchise I haven't been able to follow what was actually happening.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Maybe I'm missing something. The guy with the limp, can someone explain exactly what he was talking about before he jerked himself off to her feet?

The first time within the whole GOT franchise I haven't been able to follow what was actually happening.
He was offering to deal with the spy-lady.

I didn't catch what the building was about.

The guy helping Rhaenys was one of the Kingsguard, who didn't like the idea of Aegon being king.

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

I think the building on fire was the place where the fighting-pit for kids was and it got burned in exchange for yer wan with the dodgy accent giving information to the hand.

The guy who helped Rhaenys was one of the twins who were looking for the king. They're on the kingsguard.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

Rival spy network to his. Basically: Ser Footy’s CIA + Alicent vs Misery‘s little birds + Otto

Misery’s place. We’re lead to believe she’s dead after Ser Footy burnt it down like he did to the Strong’s place. She might be, not really sure.

One of the twin King’s Guards. The twins are split between green and black now it seems. Don’t recall their names exactly as the names are also similar.

arnie_ni

Rival spy network to his. Basically: Ser Footy’s CIA + Alicent vs Misery‘s little birds + Otto

Misery’s place. We’re lead to believe she’s dead after Ser Footy burnt it down like he did to the Strong’s place. She might be, not really sure.

One of the twin King’s Guards. The twins are split between green and black now it seems. Don’t recall their names exactly as the names are also similar.
Ah that bit about the building def makes sense now.

Didn't sir limps a lot say to hand that his meetings with his daughter could be to his benefit if he wanted? I thought he turned sides, then the next time we see him he's jerking off to her feet.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I think this show is being a bit over rated now tbh. With GOT I absolutely loved it by the end of Episode 2. This has felt like hard work in comparison and it really fell apart for me with the time jumps / actor changes.

There's some great acting and some good scenes but overall it's been a bit boring really. The only character I actually cared about is now also dead. That never helps.

I will stick with it and hope for better in the finale and further seasons but it's not blown me away at all.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Am I a bad person for immediately checking if you had posted in the Rings of Power thread?

Possibly. But in my badness I do struggle understanding finding that one a lot of fun and this one boring.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
This any good then?
If you want medieval English political drama on acid with sex and dragons then yeah. You do have to pay attention and maybe look into book spoiler-free reviews though. It’s a different vibe to GoT much less Rings of Power which isn’t a good show to use as comparison as they’re so different aside from coming out at the same time.

That said it is comfortably better than Rings of Power. :cool:

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Am I a bad person for immediately checking if you had posted in the Rings of Power thread?

Possibly. But in my badness I do struggle understanding finding that one a lot of fun and this one boring.
I am familiar with the posters contributions in the RoP thread and thought the exact same thing :lol:

In fairness I have a friend who feels the same way and we argue about it fairly regularly so hes not alone.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
If you want medieval English political drama on acid with sex and dragons then yeah. You do have to pay attention and maybe look into book spoiler-free reviews though. It’s a different vibe to GoT much less Rings of Power which isn’t a good show to use as comparison as they’re so different aside from coming out at the same time.

That said it is comfortably better than Rings of Power. :cool:
That said we need more hardcore nudity. The nudity has been scarce and pathethic

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Should have ended the episode on Aegon's coronation. The Rhaenys moment ranks there with one of the stupidest things I've seen in GOT and that's saying something.
Agree. It was bloody stupid. The show is very good, the tension builds up nicely, they had a big coronation scene to show off with, they did not need a silly Hollywood set piece at the end with a stupid fake out to make it a good episode. It was GOT at its worst.

Terminator

That whole dragon coming from underneath scene was absolutely stupid. Reminded me of season 7-8 GoT, so dumb and I'm sure this scene was not in the book at all.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Also this. Incredible scene. Excellent movie.
So good.
——
I really liked how the show handled Aegon’s decision to become king — you can see how up until his coronation what he was really after was loving approval from his parents, and the second he realises he has it from the people, his mood shifts.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
So good.
——
I really liked how the show handled Aegon’s decision to become king — you can see how up until his coronation what he was really after was loving approval from his parents, and the second he realises he has it from the people, his mood shifts.
Loving approval im not so sure about, given he's a pretty fecked up sadistic character, but definitely never expected to become King and never believed it would happen until it did.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

Erryk and Arryk I think :lol:

GueRed

I think this show is being a bit over rated now tbh. With GOT I absolutely loved it by the end of Episode 2. This has felt like hard work in comparison and it really fell apart for me with the time jumps / actor changes.

There's some great acting and some good scenes but overall it's been a bit boring really. The only character I actually cared about is now also dead. That never helps.

I will stick with it and hope for better in the finale and further seasons but it's not blown me away at all.
I mostly agree with this.

i dont care for any of the characters now...the time jumps havent helped imo

Old Alicent though :drool:

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

would they have died? I remember danaerys being fire resistant.
Danny's case was unprecedented. It's not an immunity to fire the Targaryens have, but a higher tolerance to heat than the average person. And Meleys, the Red Queen, isn't to be fecked with. For a non-spoiler comparison, Daenerys' Drogon from GoT would not have stood a chance against Meleys. Anyway, the expression on their faces showed that they didn't really fancy their chances either.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Agree. It was bloody stupid. The show is very good, the tension builds up nicely, they had a big coronation scene to show off with, they did not need a silly Hollywood set piece at the end with a stupid fake out to make it a good episode. It was GOT at its worst.
That whole dragon coming from underneath scene was absolutely stupid. Reminded me of season 7-8 GoT, so dumb and I'm sure this scene was not in the book at all.
I guess it was necessary for what's to come but it could have been executed better.
would they have died? I remember danaerys being fire resistant.
Not all of them are.