How badly do you want Bellingham ?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Not arsed.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Not at all?

He doesn't really specialize in anything and while he .ay end up as a world class player in the future he's not what we need at the time.

CloneMC16

Bellingham is great, but I'd rather spend the money on an elite level #9. We can't afford to go another season without the right profile.

The type of fee people are talking about for him is also ridiculous.

R'hllor

Another one from Dortmund with our streak, what can go wrong

90 + 5min

Summer of 2023 - United turn out to be Bellinghams first choice, but Dortmund want an insane amount of money. In fact they want so much money - that the board says: If we sign Bellingham, there wont be enough funds for an Osimhen or any other expensive striker. So another season with Rashford, Martial and a low-cost striker United can pick up for £25-30 million.

Would you want Bellingham so much that you would sacrifice a quality striker next season ?
For £20-30m max. Otherwise not. Not worth anywhere near that money being mentioned. We don't need another Sancho or Pogba or those type of buys. Their talent and how much they are worth is inflated by media and kids.

TypeR

Thing is, with Dortmund players, they tend to flatter to deceive, odd generational monsters like Haaland aside. I think it’s mainly from a combination of a style of play, versus a comparatively weaker league in both quality and competition.

There’re more pressing needs like a CF that doesn’t get hurt every other match, or past the best before date.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Meh... If anything Ten Haag has shown us that you dont always need 100m overrated players who looks good on FM.

Players like Ericksen in more preferable. Solid and at the age where they dont need time and patience to adjust.

We learn the hard way with Sancho that young prospect are a gamble. At 30 or 40 they might be worth a punt. But 100m plus? I'd expect players like De Jong on his prime for that kind of money.

And for those saying it's not our money well we arent bottomless..130m (if true) for Bellingham means less money for someone else.

Truth be told I'd rather 3-4 players like Ericksen rather than gambling on players like Bellingham who may or may not cut it in EPL... Cough... Sancho

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
He’s a wonderful player. Not another Sancho, not another ”overhyped English player”. A wonderful player. I think he has better ability and mentality than FdJ, and he can give much more offensively.

The problem is that we have to be cheap at some point if we are going to sign a 100m player, and we need a top striker. Then again, spending big on a striker is also a risk, because there aren’t many obvious options. Osimhen, David or Toney could all easily flop.
That's what we all think about Sancho. The next ronaldo they say. Oh he's just another grealish. Right now I think he's just another Ashley young

gza the genius

No thanks. I'm tired of the long drawn out sagas over super expensive players. I think we have too many holes in the squad to be spending that much on one player anyway, and if we do spend that much on one player I'd rather it be a striker.

TypeR

That's what we all think about Sancho. The next ronaldo they say. Oh he's just another grealish. Right now I think he's just another Ashley young
Oof. Harsh but true. Has a nice touch but can’t beat a man consistently, stops and passes back, cuts inside with rarely any end result, pops up with an odd goal and assist. Ashley Young.

Wilt

Give my left nut if we could swap him for Fernandes

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
I would much rather spend £80m of Felix than Jude to sort out attacking talent.

babablue

I just can't get over the fact that the club rolled out the red carpet for him and he went to Dortmund.

Not so much the rejection, but that I don't see why Dortmund deserve 100 million plus for him.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Think Bellingham could struggle in the PL just like Sancho.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Bellingham is a good player but he’s never worth 100m, let alone the 130-150m that Dortmund want for him. It would be another crazy, high value purchase from the BL that would prove not worth the money. I’d happily take him at that 50-60m range, 70m at a push but north of that is just silly. If we had no other issues, I could see him being the sole signing, but at 150m that would be our entire budget and we are going to need a striker, right back and goalkeeper. We could spend 150m on Diogo Costa and Osimhen or 150m on Bellingham. Would be madness to do the latter.

bringbackbebe

No thanks, not what we need.

On the same note, Liverpool aren't going to splash 120m on Bellingham. They're big time penny pinchers. They'll end up signing Arthur Melo on a free.

JeffFromHK

We should have learnt a lesson at least from kagawa, Mkhitaryan and Sancho??

wangyu

Can’t wait to see the meltdown when he signs for liverpool

ZainCRse7en

We need to learn from Sancho and avoid this signing. Liverpool can break the bank for him, for all i care. We should go for Declan Rice.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Depends on which club he ends up joining

Non United : He is shait. Never wanted him
United : better than peak Zidane. Wanted him ever since he was an embryo

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I haven't watched him play that much, but my impression is that he'd only really be great as the most attacking of the midfield three. Basically the role that Bruno plays for us, albeit he'd help out the midfield a bit more. De Bruyne's role for City being a good comparison.

I don't think he'd be suitable to play next to Casemiro as the teams main playmaker. He'd be another Pogba - capable of playing well there, but he'd be inconsistent and ultimately wouldn't be worth it in that role.

Combine that with us desperately needing a striker as by far the highest priority, and it's got to be a no.

Bestie07

I watch him and I see a player that is extremely good for his age, but what I don't see is how he would improve from the level he has reached already. Also, when I see our midfield, I think we need a midfielder who can control the pace of the game (like de Jong, Thiago, or like Eriksen does on his good days) and not an all action midfielder like Bellingham. Personally I would stay away for the above reasons and the prices quoted - which are accounting for his potential for growth while I think he is close to the finished product already despite the age.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's awesome but at that price realistically only clubs who specifically need him and only him should be interested at that price

Idxomer

You could argue about whether he's worth 100m+ all day but the idea that he doesn't fit the type of midfielder we need is nonsense.

Member 101269

The BBC article posted on Facebook staying Liverpool we’re in pole position was an interesting read.
How Liverpool are paying 100m plus 450k wages and missing out on CL money while the squad still ages will be amusing.
There was a view that signing him solves all problems and the average squad age will reduce from 28 to 25.
I’ve decided the piece was satire

as for us signing him if we lose Fred and rotate will others yes, but not at the expense of an elite striker

Last edited by a moderator:

Andersons Dietician

I think it could be argued that our midfield lacks someone who can run the ball out of midfield as there is only McT and Fred that can do that and someone like Bellingham would be an improvement on those two options.

He just feels like one of those players you can’t afford to miss out on but as much as I admire him there are probably better ways to spend the money it would take to get him. I think Real will be all over him next summer and for us we’d probably be better moving for Enzo instead before his value goes up any further.

So as much as I would like us to get Bellingham just feels like their are other priorities at the moment.