g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

How could you possibly be content with this?

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Is it a collective depression day on the Cafe today? Feck me, West Ham away after PSG 3 days ago, won 3-1 with three absolute stunners and most I see is doom and gloom.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We were poor for 60-70 minutes. People have short memories. We win and yet you've a thread like this. We won the game. The performance was dire, but we've won the last 9 games away from home.

drunkmonkmeth

Supports
Toronto FC!
We wer terrible in the first half but second half was satisfying by all accounts. I'm stll Ole out but i come out of today fairly pleased witht he result.. i didnt expect much without bruno.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm content with this because I'm not a pathetic sad cnut with a fundamental need to be unhappy and angry at something I have no control over just so I don't have to face my own life.
Talk to em!!

Eriku

We’re two points off top, and it’s a long season. I’m sure we’ll see stretches with more comfortable wins, but you’re damn right I’m happy with a somewhat lucky win. Can anybody say here that it’s less fun to watch us now, on a day like this, than it was under Moyes, LvG, and Mou?

I’m enjoying the ride. Ole’s ceiling might be too low for us eventually, but for now I’m enjoying the ride.

saivet

We have good players but things need to improve collectively as I don't think these performances are sustainable.

The positives are that we are showing moments of brilliance, capable of coming back.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
No doubt the OP would be saying the opposite if the roles were reversed tonight.

Dansk

I'm content with this because I'm not a pathetic sad cnut with a fundamental need to be unhappy and angry at something I have no control over just so I don't have to face my own life.
And yet here you are with the angriest and most hostile post in the thread.

Well done.

matt23

My vote's with Ole out but feck this stuff off.

How can anybody be content with a comeback 3-1 victory? Yeah you bunch of fecking mugs enjoying the crucial three points.

Barthez

2 points off the top in December. No need to panic or over react at the moment.

Oranges038

Happy with the win, not happy with the performance.

In the space of a few days. This team has gone from an undeserving loss to PSG to a barely derserved win at West Ham.

That's the baffling thing for me anyway. Funny old game football.

mancave bear

How can anyone have watched this game and walked away thinking "we're going places"? Two years in charge in a few days for Ole and we've still no style of play. To be outplayed by David fecking Moyes of all people managing an average West Ham squad is not a sign of progress. Is this what people wanted when Mourinho was sacked?

We turned up for 15 minutes today and we're fortunate that we're in a position to spend money that teams like West Ham can't. Even Gary Neville was questioning the performance. That wasn't acceptable in any way for a Manchester United team. Its costs us before and it'll cost us again. This is eerily similar to Mourinhos second season. We were winning even when things didn't look right and we know how that ended.
Sorry, but your lost. Find another team to fan(cy). We manage to rotate the players, play well (footbal is a game of two halfs) and win. Just feel sorry for you : )

Dve

How can anyone have watched this game and walked away thinking "we're going places"? Two years in charge in a few days for Ole and we've still no style of play. To be outplayed by David fecking Moyes of all people managing an average West Ham squad is not a sign of progress. Is this what people wanted when Mourinho was sacked?

We turned up for 15 minutes today and we're fortunate that we're in a position to spend money that teams like West Ham can't. Even Gary Neville was questioning the performance. That wasn't acceptable in any way for a Manchester United team. Its costs us before and it'll cost us again. This is eerily similar to Mourinhos second season. We were winning even when things didn't look right and we know how that ended.
The problem first half was our inability to play the ball up centrally, both because of good defensive work by West Ham and our front players inability to hold on to the ball - Martial in particular. Ole want us to play ball up centrally then out wide. "No style of play" is such a cliché.

Acquire Me

We’re two points off top, and it’s a long season. I’m sure we’ll see stretches with more comfortable wins, but you’re damn right I’m happy with a somewhat lucky win. Can anybody say here that it’s less fun to watch us now, on a day like this, than it was under Moyes, LvG, and Mou?

I’m enjoying the ride. Ole’s ceiling might be too low for us eventually, but for now I’m enjoying the ride.
This. Why is this so hard to grasp :lol:

arnie_ni

We have absolutely no attacking plan and just rely on Brunos vision and passing most of the time. Individual brilliance.

We can't defend corners to save out lives either. I'm honestly not sure how you can be so bad at it.

But when we are on we are unstoppable and a joy to watch

90 + 5min

Some people never learn. Be happy for the win. We are two points from first place. Better than most of you thought. Love is better and feels better. Hate is not solution.

el3mel

I also find it be a really good thing we have such a very good and flexible squad than regardless of the manager can get the wins. Even with a new manager not much we'll need to change in this squad. Probably a new defensive midfielder and striker at most. We have top class players like Bruno that changes games when he steps on.

The current squad has lots of positives and for the first time, I don't think the next manager will need a full rebuild unlike what I felt when both Moyes and LVG left.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Some of you lot act like spoilt brats.

RedTiger

Half mast
I look forward to watching us play. I haven't been this excited to watch us play since flipping 2013.
I dont give a shit if we concede early in games, I dont give a shit if a couple of players play poorly every so often. The fact is that the team HAS evolved since Moyes, LVG and Jose. Our intent to try to win even when we're playing poorly is evident.

Let's just enjoy it guys.

izec

Individual brilliance only lasts a while. We will have a dry period at some point during the season and the excuses will roll in for Ole. His sacking is inevitable this or probably next season. It isnt sustainable and he will lose the dressing room if we don't challenge for trophies soon, which we won't.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Not sure how we keep winning while playing badly. Credit to Ole, he is giving a lesson that you just need a great team, and adequate coaching to be competitive.

I rather we play as good as klopp, Pep, Pochettino, biesla, nagelsman, and rose team, but at the end of the day, result matters the most. History will remember, result and trophies achievement not the style of football. Let see if Ole style can somehow win us a relevant trophy. I said we are looking at another di Matteo, let see how well that holds.

This type of football would not be appreciated at ambitious football club, but somehow it is acceptable at United.

Al-T

Well I'd be happier if we didn't concede the first goal in every away game. But then we've come back to win each one and scored at least three goals in the process.

There's lots in the world to boil your piss at the moment. United winning away from home on a Saturday evening surely isn't one of them?

Especially against this bunch...

......oh those happy trips to Upton Park in the 70's and 80's

Gordon S

We will always get these kind of games where we are sleepwalkin cause they are squeezed in between our CL games. We just played PSG 3 days ago and we have the most important game of the season so far on tuesday.

We should however do better than we did first half of course. There is definitely room for improvement.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Because

A) we won

And

B) for as bad as the first 60 were, the last 30 minutes were absurdly high quality. We could have scored 5.

Get In Scholesy

I mean... to win a game of football in 13 minutes after being absolutely missing for over 45 minutes prior is pretty special y'all have to admit.

Whether or not it might be sustainable on a consistent basis is definitely a cause for concern, but it is still something to enjoy when your team is capable of it.

RedDevilUnited369

This is how inconsistent we are...we win our game in hand and we’ve taken the most points in the league since January

/thread

OleBoiii

The football forums on RedCafe have become a circus :lol:

I wonder if other forums have "RedCafe goes into meltdown" threads of their own? Ironically they'd have almost as much gold after we win games.

fps

It still is and if you can't remember games under Fergie where we were playing bad, losing and came back to win then you need to review things. I've had more fun supporting Ole's United than I have under any manager post Fergie.
This.

Pughnichi

I am. If anything today was a SAF United performance.

I'm buzzing right now.
Aye. A terrible first half. A rocket at half time and 3 pts at the final whistle. Used to look forward to half time knowing SAF would tear them a new one if necessary

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Like your name sake, a classic moaner. Time to feck off to the PSG forum.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I'm buzzing but we won due to a lucky decision and individual quality.

Were we completely dominated all over the pitch for 50 minutes.

We are all over the place. The league is there for the taking this season with city being jaded and pool injury ravaged.