How do Barcelona rebuild?

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Apparently, Barca are going to sign Haaland thanks to the CVC deal (Tebas).

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
As I have read in some media, there are some differences both in the percentages and in the concepts of the agreement.

When it becomes official we will see how it looks.

It seems that the signing of Pablo Torre will be made official soon. Good news, now let's see if he develops the talent he has.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
As I have read in some media, there are some differences both in the percentages and in the concepts of the agreement.

When it becomes official we will see how it looks.

It seems that the signing of Pablo Torre will be made official soon. Good news, now let's see if he develops the talent he has.
Is he a midfielder?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
"Haaland wants to be part of football history, and he believes that his next move should be to a club that would allow him to compete properly for the Ballon d'Or. It has become an obsession of his, and he has made that clear to Mino Raiola, his agent. "

Ok. That makes sense. In Barcelona he will be the icon of the team.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Yes, he is a very attacking midfielder
I don't get it; they need new defenders and a DMF. They already have Fati, Traoré, Torres, Gavi, Nico, Pedri, F.De Jong, Aubameyang (+Haaland?) for the role of CMF/AMF/wingers/CF.

reddevilz007

I don't get it; they need new defenders and a DMF. They already have Fati, Traoré, Torres, Gavi, Nico, Pedri, F.De Jong, Aubameyang (+Haaland?) for the role of CMF/AMF/wingers/CF.
They might try to convince Busquets to stay and get Kessie on the free

In any cases, their rebuild will be done quicker than ours

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
DMF - De Jong and Nico, that's his natural position.

In defense there are 4 players who are being closely linked with Barcelona: Mazraoui, Azpilicueta, Christensen and Gayá.
All of them as free agents except Gayá who has one more year left on his contract.

Xk byno

Barcelona is showing man utd how its done when it comes to rebuilding..
They have football people running the club. Not accountants and bank managers like us.
They will rebuild quickly while we will be hoping for MBE rashford to be world class.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It's certainly an interesting rebuild to follow. I thought I'd find their demise really funny but I've caught myself rooting for them a couple of times and I don't know how to feel about that.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Once pandemic is over Barcelona's income will be back to normal level. Barcelona is a big brand and a big draw to lots of players.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Pablo Torre's goal, great ball control between 2 players, he opens the band and scores a header.
I really want to see like him takes place in Barcelona.

RoyH1

Barcelona is showing man utd how its done when it comes to rebuilding..
They have football people running the club. Not accountants and bank managers like us.
They will rebuild quickly while we will be hoping for MBE rashford to be world class.
To be honest it is a bit easier to do so when you have an infinite line of credit with Goldman Sachs and are allowed concessions to your debt that others are not.

That said, the ambition and ruthlessness of Laporta stands in stark contrast with the Glazer's hands off approach. And in Xavi it seems they have another quality manager with clear ideas

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
To be honest it is a bit easier to do so when you have an infinite line of credit with Goldman Sachs and are allowed concessions to your debt that others are not.

That said, the ambition and ruthlessness of Laporta stands in stark contrast with the Glazer's hands off approach. And in Xavi it seems they have another quality manager with clear ideas
Barcelona was without a president during the pandemic due to the presidential elections. While other clubs resolved their short-term debt, Barcelona could not do so.

When Laporta arrived, he asked for a loan to convert the short-term debt and distribute it over 10 years.

160 million have been saved in wage bill. The financial cost has also been reduced by 27 million euros. Overhead costs are being reviewed and we have saved €25 million.

Barcelona are making a big effort to straighten out and balance the economy by trying to weaken the team as little as possible.

I think a great job has been done this year given the circumstances.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
If Barcelona sign Haaland what would their starting 11 be like?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The speed of Barcelona's rebuild should be a cautionary note to all those buying into the Glazer BS about 'transition.'

When you have competent leadership, as well as a clear idea of what type of football you want to play, the coach you need to play it and the type of footballers that coach will need to do that; all things Laporta has, you can rebuild very fast.

The issue at Manchester United is that nobody on our exec team has half the footballing knowledge of Laporta's big toe. Just try to imagine having a chat about football with Laporta. Then try and imagine having a similar chat with Richard Arnold or, even worse, Joel Glazer. :lol:

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
The difference in comments now and 10 pages ago is startling. Lots of gloating at Barca’s demise is now turning to praise.

and United will be back, but the club needs to gut 90% of this squad (including Ronaldo). I know RR is having a rough go but honestly, so would Klopp and Pep with this squad. I like RR’s ideas, he just has the wrong players to implement them.

Vaultech

It's more of the case of people here underestimating Xavi. A good coach can turn things around quickly. Especially a good coach that knows what sort of game his players are best at and tune them towards that playstyle.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
If Barcelona sign Haaland what would their starting 11 be like?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - T. Stegen
Dest/Mazraoui - Araujo - Piqué/Christensen - Alba
- - - - - - - De Jong - Busquets - Pedri
- - - F. Torres - - - Haaland - - - A. Fati

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Barcelona are after Mazraoui/Kessie on a free whilst we likely need them even more. They are on the up and are currently only worse than City, Liverpool, Bayern, Real, PSG and possibly Chelsea I think.

RoyH1

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I’m not sure I really understand what it means for Barcelona. I mean, no matter what they do La Liga is ok with it.
Barcelona as long as they have the salary cap exceeded will continue to have the 1/4 rule.
For every €4M you release from the wage bill you can spend €1M.
So until they are within the salary cap.

Vaultech

Arsenal and Barca are doing well with explayers as managers, why aren't we doing the same?
Because Man Utd players don't value tactics as much as Arsenal and Barca?

Fergie while being a good manager, has never shown himself to be super interested in the deeper tactics of football as those schooled in the Dutch/Spanish school of football.

Arteta was educated at Barca as a youth player, and then went to study under Pep. Then Pep...well he is Pep.

Look at what United players constantly harp about. They always talk about "heart" and "desire". How they play under Fergie was mostly about "heart" and "desire" than deep tactical play.

So in an age where tactically minded coaches are dominating football, it's no surprise most former United players are at a disadvantage. Ole got sacked because he don't place an emphasis on tactics as a manager. The same is happening to other managers as well.

United as a club is institutionally too old fashioned.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
FC More Than A Club playing at the Spotify Camp Nou next year.

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
I just stated a fact. Quite defensive of you?

You're not more than a club. Just a regular club. Shouldn't pretend to be more than that, should you?
FC More than a Club does not exist. Im not defensive, im asking if there is any problem in selling the name of the stadium. You are the one being defensive and trying to say that we cannot do it or some bulshit.

It is a motto with more than 50 years of history. It comes from an expresident who said:
"Barcelona is more than a football club. Barcelona is more than a place of leisure where we go to watch the team play every Sunday. More than those things, it is the spirit that is so ingrained within us." It was during Franco's dictatorship and had 2nd meaning for many people, who could sing against the dictator during the games. Besides, Barça has teams in many different sports (basketball, handball, hockey, futsal...). and it is just a motto, like many others. finally, barça is owned by its fans. not a billionaire's caprice.

for a lot of fans their team is more than a club, so what?

your stadium is not a theatre, it is not a place to dream (although you might get sleepy some times). it is just a place to play football. so, why do you say it is "the theater of the dreams"??? nope, just a regular stadium. would you find pathetic if somebody says that you shouldnt pretend to be a place to dream? i honestly would because it is stupid.

so relax your hate and enjoy, the theatre of the dreams is guesting a champions league game right now.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I was hoping that we would rebuild into a winning team before them, but Barca builds around a strong midfield and add players who will improve them elsewhere, whereas we are always missing a player or 2 on midfield to have a strong competent midfield and after buying and bringing through all players for the rest of the squad we still are missing a right winger and right and centre back.

the only hope is with someone like RR upstairs we might solve this lack of direction.

Cloud7

I was hoping that we would rebuild into a winning team before them, but Barca builds around a strong midfield and add players who will improve them elsewhere, whereas we are always missing a player or 2 on midfield to have a strong competent midfield and after buying and bringing through all players for the rest of the squad we still are missing a right winger and right and centre back.

the only hope is with someone like RR upstairs we might solve this lack of direction.
I mentioned in this thread or some other one before that they are far more likely to get back to being a proper top, winning team before we get back there. They have a board who have experience at this sort of thing, don't tolerate mediocrity from players or managers and they put the performance on the field first. Similarly their fans don't tolerate mediocrity from players or managers.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I mentioned in this thread or some other one before that they are far more likely to get back to being a proper top, winning team before we get back there. They have a board who have experience at this sort of thing, don't tolerate mediocrity from players or managers and they put the performance on the field first. Similarly their fans don't tolerate mediocrity from players or managers.
It’s the improving of the midfield and trusting in some of there youngsters that has aided them under Xavi also if we bought the likes of pedri a lot of fans wouldn’t rate him because of the price tag same goes for the board, just look at raphina we could of got him for a steal a few years back, but if he isn’t 70 million the board isn’t interested because it doesn’t make a bang in the media and the fans.