How do we sell Harry Maguire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Whether he was at fault for any goals today or not, he is the most uninspiring captain United have ever had. I can't personally vouch for anyone before Robbo but surely none have been as bad

Rolaholic

Thought Alexis Sanchez was easily our worst premier league signing ever, boy did that not last...

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Should the midfield be marking either Salah or Diaz? they're all shit, but that goal is on Dalot losing Salah hilariously easy and Maguire with his braindead offisde attempt.
No, but they should do something about their centre forward dropping to the half way line and turning to play a pass in behind. If Maguire is getting criticism for following mane into no man’s land, then the only way he can’t do that is if the midfield are doing their job.

I do agree though that Maguire needs to be more aggressive if he leaves the defence. If he doesn’t get the ball, foul the player. He’s done it a few times since the goal and does it regularly and always gets caught out by quick play. He’s done it so regularly that I actually wonder if it’s something we work on.. otherwise Ralf needs to get hold of him and make him stop

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Whether he was at fault for any goals today or not, he is the most uninspiring captain United have ever had. I can't personally vouch for anyone before Robbo but surely none have been as bad
Fair comment but who would you have other than short term Ronaldo?

SAFMUTD

No, but they should do something about their centre forward dropping to the half way line and turning to play a pass in behind. If Maguire is getting criticism for following mane into no man’s land, then the only way he can’t do that is if the midfield are doing their job.

I do agree though that Maguire needs to be more aggressive if he leaves the defence. If he doesn’t get the ball, foul the player. He’s done it a few times since the goal and does it regularly and always gets caught out by quick play. He’s done it so regularly that I actually wonder if it’s something we work on.. otherwise Ralf needs to get hold of him and make him stop
Ralf needs to bench him, for a guy that has the balls to bench everyone including Shaw, Rashford, Wan Bissaka, Cristiano, etc to continue with Maguire is just mind blowing. I mean what does actually has to happen so Maguire gets benched? he's been worse than awful for the whole season yet he still starts every bloody game.

jesperjaap

He simply cant defend behind him and also is like a startled rabbit when the midfield break the lines attacking, he is motionless, literally freezes and becomes irrlevant on the pitch.

To be fair he is hardly helped by the midfield who get cut open like gettign a haircut from Edward Scissorhands

Anders Agnalt

I don't see United being able to win any trophies with Maguire in the squad. He's been awful this season.

Dolf

Jones off? Should be Maguire ffs, just try something new for once. It cant get worse

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Mainly Buchan before that (great player, led by example).

Putting aside his price tag (not his fault) and ability, Maguire as a leader is so far away from our captains of the last half century, it’s laughable.

In the same way we hit the upward curve just as the PL started, we’ve hit the downward spiral as Liverpool and City got themselves sorted. We’ve got so many problems, your pen would run out making a list …. this is a few years project (min)

redshaw

What gets me is just how slow he is this season in particular, like he's treading through 2 feet of water and is still chancing it high up the pitch or out wide on the flank without a hope in hell in getting back and dragging the defence around with him. I don't see him getting any fitter or agile at 29 but we are so poor in training and fitness all round that maybe ETH can get a tune out of him with some special training and coaching, at least while we change the squad out over time.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Buy another club. Sell all of their cbs. Make them bid for Maguire. Solved.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

Eager to read your mental gymnastics to absolve him of any blame for the 3rd goal. Go.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Rangnicks cowardice in not dropping Maguire is unforgivable.
I agree but there's also another angle. Playing the Rashfords and the Maguires exposes their awful level and lack of footballing ability and gives sufficient justification to clear housе, even if it might take 2 years.

Skills

Snitch
Get use on it. He will play under ETH too. As i keep saying; price tag and captain role are huge shield around player.
Yup. Any manager who drops him will be under instant pressure - a bit like the Ronaldo thing earlier. But it's not Ronaldo. It's Harry fecking Maguire

Mental

Eddy_JukeZ

Accept the loss and move on.

He's had the worst season a Manchester United defender has had in a very very long time.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'll be a happy if he goes on a free, just as long as he's gone.

OverratedOpinion

Just pay the compensation and let him go. It will be an addition by substraction.
We would have to pay his entire contract, may as well stick him in the reserves or tell him to stay home and keep him on the books until he eventually decides to mutually terminate his contract. That would be rather fun to watch honestly.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Eager to read your mental gymnastics to absolve him of any blame for the 3rd goal. Go.
:lol: blame goes to elanga for losing that so weakly and again the midfield for being non existent and allowing their left back to run the length of the pitch. Maguire didn’t track mane dropping off, but that was good play from mane to be fair. I’d put the blame on the 4th at Maguire though. Awful ball to a kid who’s 2 minutes into his debut putting him under immediate pressure.

I don’t look to absolve him of blame, I just think others blame him far too often

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It sets a really bad message and standard for the team when anyone playing this badly continues to be selected, but he is the Captain!

There needs to be some sort of standard or we are completely lost. He just has to be sold now. He is the stink of the Solskjaer regime and he needs to go.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
:lol: blame goes to elanga for losing that so weakly and again the midfield for being non existent and allowing their left back to run the length of the pitch. Maguire didn’t track mane dropping off, but that was good play from mane to be fair. I’d put the blame on the 4th at Maguire though. Awful ball to a kid who’s 2 minutes into his debut putting him under immediate pressure.

I don’t look to absolve him of blame, I just think others blame him far too often
Do you want him here next season?

L1nk

Needs humbling. Epitomises every single thing wrong with us at the moment. Ego of Ronaldo, ability of Titus Bramble, but he’s still our captain.

And yes, while he hasn’t played badly every game, I genuinely think he has in at least 80% of them this season. Especially these days, it feels like he has at least one disastrous error per game.
What a perfect time it was for this to come out. His mouth cashing cheques his ability can't.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Good attempt.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

Are you for real? Elanga lost ball in their own half. How the feck is he at fault? You want to pin the blame on midfield but who in the actual feck is Maguire marking in that entire phase? Mane basically had a free run, Maguire never even picked him up.

Also, 4th goal, did you see his attempt to play the offside trap? He's genuinely shocking, a major culprit in 3 of the goals we conceded today. Should be sold in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.