How does the remainder of Ronaldo's career play out?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
It's sad how the past couple of years have shown he doesn't have the right mentality for coaching, which is a bit of a shame as I'd have liked for him to stay in the game.

I suspect he'll end up as one of those incredibly pointless ambassadors for businesses/states use and he'll think it's a fitting part of his legacy (not disregarding the money he'll make).

BerryBerryShrew

MLS? After what he paid his way out off?
Good point, would he even be allowed back into the US again after the incident? Possibly risk more allegations coming out.
Does anyone know why he hasn't been "metoo'd" yet? I would have thought that sponsors would have deserted him in the wake of Der Spiegel's dirt but it's as though no allegations were ever made.

Say what you want about agents in sport, but Jorge Mendes must be doing a remarkable job behind the scenes to get this glossed over.

Zetrio2002

With Messi retiring from international football after the next 2 games, it's likely Ronaldo will hold the record for most international goals for decades.

Ronaldo will probably join a Champ league club. Scored a few goals and win a few trophies if he's lucky.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Not sure where is the right place to post it, but Ronaldo sets another records in his last game:

- first ever player to score in 5 WC
- most motm awards in WC (7 times)
- first person to score consecutively in 10 major tournaments (WC+Euro)
- goal 118

Last edited:

Marcus

It ends with everybody being accused of disrespecting Ronaldo. For instance, the Ghana goal scorer today. You know why this happens? Because Ronaldo's online army, doesn't have enough guidance when not to push the disrespect button. I'm sure Ronaldo himself has no issues with others emulating his celebrations and is probably embarrassed by the hoo ha himself. It's actually bullying given the unparalleled power of Ronaldo vs the poor Ghana player in social media realm.

Marcus

Not sure where is the right place to post it, but Ronaldo sets another records in his last game:

- goal 118
No denying his amazing achievements. Well done to him. Although the pen did look a bit soft.

colombianmancunian

I heard the rumor P$G are interested in him. That’s certainly due to the appeal of having him and Messi share a team. Although on the Frenchie league I think he can deliver the goods.

If not, I see him returning to sporting and finishing his career there.

The USA/Arabia are also options.

Arlo

Why? Ronaldo is a massive hypocrite who only thinks of himself.
Sure. But he can't talk about playing at a high level until 40 and then move to the MLS. They'd be glad to have him there, but the rest of the world will quickly forget about him and he's not having that.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
No denying his amazing achievements. Well done to him. Although the pen did look a bit soft.
The pen did look soft, but so was the foul before he scored the disallowed goal. So it kind of balance out.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Sure. But he can't talk about playing at a high level until 40 and then move to the MLS. They'd be glad to have him there, but the rest of the world will quickly forget about him and he's not having that.
MLS? It’s almost like he’s squeaky clean in the US

Arlo

MLS? It’s almost like he’s squeaky clean in the US
Yeah. I only brought it up because it's been mentioned as a possible destination. Even without the legal issues he's had there, I can't see him going there and being quickly forgotten about. Same thing with playing in the Saudi league, no matter how much cash is on the table.

Ronnie doesn't do anonymous. Everyone everywhere needs to acknowledge his unparalleled greatness :houllier:

captaincantona

- goal 118
But he was rubbish. Jesus, it’s like the emperors new clothes. Basically given the Motm because he is Ronaldo and because he has had a long career.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
But he was rubbish. Jesus, it’s like the emperors new clothes. Basically given the Motm because he is Ronaldo and because he has had a long career.
Was never ever motm either. He was very dire and got a weak pen and scored it. Bruno was easily motm.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The only feasible destination for him in Europe are maybe Sporting and Roma. I'm sure some of the mid-table sides from France, Italy or Spain would have him but his ego would never allow him to play there. It has to be a relatively big club that is in Europe and is located in a large, popular city so both Lisbon and Rome make sense.

But it would be for six months and once season is done he will probably be on his way to Inter Miami or LA Galaxy, to promote his brand in the US, or will just cash in on the largest contract in history of football going to one of the Saudi teams.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

- first ever player man to score in 5 WC
- goal 118
Fixed it, since two woman have done it before. Does not take away from his achievement, though.

Remember the geese

- goal 118
How was he given man of the match for that performance?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think around 60th min voting lines will open and fans vote for MOTM, no sane person would give man of the match award for that shit performance.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Wouldn’t know why, thought Bruno would be a better candidate. But that’s the way it is.

In terms of whoscored rating he was 2nd behind Bruno too.
That's because its voted by fans and we all know how insecure Ronaldo fans are. It's pathetic that MOTM awards are decided by fans when most of them are just PR agenda machines.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
MLS or middle east. He thinks he can play for a CL club but ain't no CL paying his wages neither is he good enough anymore.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
That's because its voted by fans and we all know how insecure Ronaldo fans are. It's pathetic that MOTM awards are decided by fans when most of them are just PR agenda machines.
That’s strange they name it as official awards if it’s all down to voting by fans.

Heard the other day De Bruyne was abit embarrassed to take the award as he didn’t think he deserved it.

ariveded

Fans are one-dimensional, and think based on hot trends. Now, geganpressing is the thing, so Ronaldo is out is the logic.

Yet, Ronaldo has great strengths, and his future career path will be based on that. Not his weakness or geganpress requirement.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Fans are one-dimensional, and think based on hot trends. Now, geganpressing is the thing, so Ronaldo is out is the logic.

Yet, Ronaldo has great strengths, and his future career path will be based on that. Not his weakness or geganpress requirement.
True, I can see him getting better with time, he's kind of still developing.