How highly do you rate Laurent Koscielny?

Fıstıkçı Şahap

Always thought he was one of the most overrated defenders in the world and never became top class. Will remember him (and that polish keeper) with his calamitous defending in 2011 League Cup final against Birmingham.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Always thought he was one of the most overrated defenders in the world and never became top class. Will remember him (and that polish keeper) with his calamitous defending in 2011 League Cup final against Birmingham.
The guy who’s currently Juve’s number one?

Denis79

I rate him very highly, Liverpool should buy him before someone nicks this gem.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Most of the time Koscielny was an excellent defender but sometimes for reasons that I can't explain he would lose his mind and take the most ridiculous decisions that would lead to cards, penalties or what should be penalties. For that reason I have never trusted him.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Good defender but also dependent on his partner to clear up. Had great pace to recover whenever needed as well. Overrated by some underrated by other nobody will remember him years from now.

Unless of course this contract thing goes really ugly then he will be remembered for that.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
He's obviously not shit. Was definitely top tier in the 2013-14 season, extending till perhaps the Euro, before injuries fecked him over.

What I'm absolutely stunned by is the unprofessionalism. I would've put money on every single other member of the squad pulling the stunt he did, but not him.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Koscielny was good, a little overrated. Kind of feel the opposite to Vertonghen who is also good and a little underrated imo.

Fıstıkçı Şahap

Except he's currently Juve's first choice keeper, so I'm pretty sure he has reached a top class level.
Mignolet, at one point, was Liverpool's first choice keeper. Was he top class for you? Same for Karius. Was he top class? Playing for a top club ≠ being in the top level. Maybe I should've rephrased it better what i meant by "reaching". It was not about a player's career but rather his actual level & Szcezcney or whatever his name is has never been in the top class bracket of GKs like De Gea, Cech, Neuer etc.

MrEleson

Mignolet, at one point, was Liverpool's first choice keeper. Was he top class for you? Same for Karius. Was he top class? Playing for a top club ≠ being in the top level. Maybe I should've rephrased it better what i meant by "reaching". It was not about a player's career but rather his actual level & Szcezcney or whatever his name is has never been in the top class bracket of GKs like De Gea, Cech, Neuer etc.
You’re speaking two extremes here. He may not be at the level of the very best but he’s in no way comparable to Karius or mignolet for ‘Pool. They were actually liabilities for their club. In comaprison, most Juve fans would testify how reliable Szcezcney has been for the club: probably in their top 3 players last season.

meninred

If he were at utd he would be a backup defender.maybe at similar level as jones and smalling.

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
I'd be annoyed if I were an Arsenal fan - a bit much to wearing their jersey in a reveal about leaving them.
Puma having a little dig as well with last years shirt.

Great bantz, but what a way to flush 9 years at a club away.