How long will it be before Utd start having a champions league shirt

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ive noticed recently, City, Madrid, Dortmund and im sure more all have different champions league strips this year.

Now as we know the glazers wont miss a wink when it comes to extra revenue.

Would you buy? It seems like its going to be a regular thing for all big clubs these days, 3 new strips every year.

rockerlad

i hope not, then again i have not got any of the kits this season as i am sick of having to spend 100+ every season on new kits so did not bother this season

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
I didn't buy a shirt this year, and the next time I do buy they'll be for the little fella. That said, the last Champions League shirt has happy memories for me!!

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
We had one in 1999. :D

I forgot that as well a while back

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I loved the one back in 1997-2000. It should always be a classic red kit, no gingham bollocks with red socks.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Would that make extra revenue? Most people who buy shirts would only choose one a season I'd have thought.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Would that make extra revenue? Most people who buy shirts would only choose one a season I'd have thought.
nah, I know lots of families that buy their kids all the shirts. It's not that they're spoilt either, but one for a birthday and christmas etc. An easy pressie for the unimaginative person.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Didn't Wes wear 24 in the league and 30 in the champions league that season? I remember it confusing me as I had his name and 24 on the shirt and I sometimes saw him in 30, blew my mind as an 8 year old.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The CL shirt was quality. In fact probably the best CL/PL era home shirt we had until the 06-07 one. The domestic one was pants, less comfortable and has a stupid fecking zip.

The Neviller

The CL shirt was quality. In fact probably the best CL/PL era home shirt we had until the 06-07 one. The domestic one was pants, less comfortable and has a stupid fecking zip.
I have to admit to really liking the 98/99 domestic shirt.

MUFC1902

Would I buy? No. I bought this year's kit, but not for myself; only for my missus and my baby girl because I figured that gingham pattern would look alright on a woman and not a bloke.

It's all become a bit gimmicky now, hasn't it? Teams bringing out special European shirts, Spurs having different kits for cup competitions. Where do you draw the line? In years to come we'll be changing kits every six months no doubt.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
This season is as good as any to not wear our regular kit in the CL. Or in the league for that matter.

Jonno

That CL shirt from '99 will always be an amazing shirt to us lot, purely because of the amazing triumph at the Nou Camp.

I would love it if we had a CL shirt again, if people want to buy it, thats up to them.

SirAF

Ageist
While it is far from necessary, I don't really see any problem in extra shirts. Those of us that doesn't want to spend money on it, don't have to. However, I do see the dilemma for families with kids who really want every shirt!

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Still got my 99 shirt, in absolute mint condition but considering I was 7 at the time it's no suprise. I'd love another Champions League shirt, it'd have to be classy though.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I loved the CL kit and it would be cool if we had a similar design like 1999 again, but Nike would probably feck it up.

Blackwidow

Ive noticed recently, City, Madrid, Dortmund and im sure more all have different champions league strips this year.

Now as we know the glazers wont miss a wink when it comes to extra revenue.

Would you buy? It seems like its going to be a regular thing for all big clubs these days, 3 new strips every year.
Do the other clubs change every year?

FC Bayern changes every 2 years. This season the away kit and the CL kit are new - last year it was the home kit.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Do the other clubs change every year?

FC Bayern changes every 2 years. This season the away kit and the CL kit are new - last year it was the home kit.
There was supposed to be an agreement that all Premier League clubs would only bring out new kits every 2 years but unfortunately they no longer adhere to that.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Spurs have done this the last 2-3 years. Aurasma sponsor the shirt for Premier League games, Investec for cup games, including Europe. Odd set-up but worked well for Investec the season they got into the Champion's League.

I guess you need to do the maths and see if having split sponsors makes more than just a single one.

Adebesi

I find it amazing that there are clubs beating us to the punch in terms of launching new kits. I mean, Manchester United is a great club with a lot of achievements to be proud of, on and off the pitch. But I thought if we were the best club in the world at any one thing it was exploiting our merchandising potential.

Liam147

On Probation
We had one in 1999. :D

I forgot that as well a while back
Seeing that picture now, I actually do feel for the Bayern players, having just been through similar ourselves.

I don't see why they don't release a home shirt, away shirt (white? black?) and dub a third one a 'champions league shirt', possibly blue. Rather than just releasing three regular shirts. I imagine fans would be more inclined to buy them then.

Widnes

I find it amazing that there are clubs beating us to the punch in terms of launching new kits. I mean, Manchester United is a great club with a lot of achievements to be proud of, on and off the pitch. But I thought if we were the best club in the world at any one thing it was exploiting our merchandising potential.
I don't think it matters much to us anyway, we get a fixed sum off nike so as far as I am aware it would be them who would really benefit from the extra shirt

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Why don't we just do it properly and have a different shirt for every match???
:nono: You're missing a golden opportunity to get into the 2nd-half kit market. And how about everyone strips and changes into a new kit after each goal? That would mean more 'match worn' kits to auction off on ebay.

While it is far from necessary, I don't really see any problem in extra shirts. Those of us that doesn't want to spend money on it, don't have to. However, I do see the dilemma for families with kids who really want every shirt!
When I was a kid, if I was lucky enough to get the chance to buy a team's jersey, I'd be happy if there were more choices as it was more likely there would be one I liked.

I wonder if the EPL will ever do 'throwback' shirts, have both teams turn out in the 1983 kit one day, we love that in the States.

Adebesi

:nono: You're missing a golden opportunity to get into the 2nd-half kit market. And how about everyone strips and changes into a new kit after each goal? That would mean more 'match worn' kits to auction off on ebay.
They could use minds like yours at the club. Send your CV over to Uncle Malc, theyll have you on the payroll so fast your head will spin.