How long will Liverpool's dominance last?

MUW4Eva

The simple fact is Ole finished ahead of Klopp, how can there be this so called era of Liverpool dominance, when Ole got the better of Klopp quite easily.

SoCross

Most are being purposely pedantic and hung up on the word ‘dominance.’

City and Liverpool, clear favourites in any match they play. This didn’t use to be the case. Both will suffer a dip and I hope we will prepare ourselves to take advantage of it.

MUW4Eva

Most are being purposely pedantic and hung up on the word ‘dominance.’

City and Liverpool, clear favourites in any match they play. This didn’t use to be the case. Both will suffer a dip and I hope we will prepare ourselves to take advantage of it.
How are Liverpool clear favourites in a match against Man City??

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
How many times in the Premier League era (or post 1990/1991) have they even been in realistic title contention; 2002 under Houllier, 2009 under Benitez, 2014 under Rodgers and 2019, 2020 and 2022 under Klopp; have I missed any seasons out?

If not and that’s the full list, they’ve challenged for the title 6 times during the past 31 seasons, starting from the 1991/1992 one under Souness. That’s definitely significant underachievement by the 2nd biggest club in the country.

Zetrio2002

Liverpool has a very strong squad but they don't dominate because they cannot even win the league or champ league.

They are further losing ground to Man City when City bot Haaland.

Chelsea, Newcastle, Man United, Arsenal or Spurs may also be improving next season.

With Mane and some important players leaving, pool may be on a decline very soon.

MUW4Eva

Reread again please. It implies vs other opponents.
I read it again and you said in any match, any match implies when they also face each other, so are you saying that Liverpool are favourites when they face Man City??

Zetrio2002

Rafa won the Champions League with a far worse team than Klopp has currently, plus what he achieved at Valencia.

So not sure how people can put Klopp ahead of Rafa.
Klopp is unbelievably overrated.
It depends.

Klopp is better at man management and putting a team that's great at gegen pressing.

Rafa is better at tactics. Can't remember.

Brendan Rodgers is decent good at man management and tactics.

But Klopp is still the only manager to have won the premier league and champ league for Liverpool in the last 30 years+

SoCross

I read it again and you said in any match, any match implies when they also face each other, so are you saying that Liverpool are favourites when they face Man City??
I said both City and Liverpool are favourites in any match they play. Hence the ‘dominance.’ Interpret that as you want, not my problem you’re being so pedantic.

MUW4Eva

I said both City and Liverpool are favourites in any match they play. Hence the ‘dominance.’ Interpret that as you want, not my problem you’re being so pedantic.
There is no pedanticness here, unless you are thinking that they don't face each other....

If you had said they are favourites in any match outside of facing each other, then fair enough, but that wasn't what was said.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
The simple fact is Ole finished ahead of Klopp, how can there be this so called era of Liverpool dominance, when Ole got the better of Klopp quite easily.
Ah, Ole... Good Times. :cool: :lol: I do miss him.

SoCross

There is no pedanticness here, unless you are thinking that they don't face each other....

If you had said they are favourites in any match outside of facing each other, then fair enough, but that wasn't what was said.
Ok thanks

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
That was my pont as well. Liverpool was bookmakers favorite every match they played beside City Away, and they also played every possible game they could. Bookmakers market is the best indication you can get as its almost impossible to beat it, espesially in the big matches. So yeah Liverpool has been the hardest team to beat this year. Most successfull however is not Liverpool. Real Madrid has been the most successfull team this year with a lot of luck involved. City, Bayern and Ac Milan has also been more successful this year.

So Liverpool have been the match dominators this year. United fans wants to look at domination another way and thats totally fine.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
They'll still be a force under Klopp but I think we've seen them peak.

City will still be the team to beat

Mickson

They will be really good as long as Klopp is still there. He is the best manager in the world. They have a disadvantage regarding money, they cannot give the wages PSG or City can and some of their players want to leave (Mané, Salah etc). They can't spend as much either. Their USP is Klopp.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They'll still be a force under Klopp but I think we've seen them peak.

City will still be the team to beat
The very real fear is City going up a level or five now they Haaland...

djembatheking

Long may their domination continue, in a few years they might just catch Arsenal up on FA Cup wins.

MUW4Eva

They will be really good as long as Klopp is still there. He is the best manager in the world. They have a disadvantage regarding money, they cannot give the wages PSG or City can and some of their players want to leave (Mané, Salah etc). They can't spend as much either. Their USP is Klopp.
Klopp isn't the best manager in the world what utter nonsense.

Thelongsleevesofblomqvist

That was my pont as well. Liverpool was bookmakers favorite every match they played beside City Away, and they also played every possible game they could. Bookmakers market is the best indication you can get as its almost impossible to beat it, espesially in the big matches. So yeah Liverpool has been the hardest team to beat this year. Most successfull however is not Liverpool. Real Madrid has been the most successfull team this year with a lot of luck involved. City, Bayern and Ac Milan has also been more successful this year.

So Liverpool have been the match dominators this year. United fans wants to look at domination another way and thats totally fine.
Liverpool has been among the 2-3 best teams in the world this year including 3 cupfinals and a second place by one point in the best league in the world. I´d say they have been more succesful than AC Milan this year, arguably more succesful than Bayern too. With your logic all league winners in all contries from PSG to FK RFS has been more succesful than Liverpool. Trophies are not everything - they have with fine marginal ended 2nd in the two biggest competitions in the world.

And yes I agree with you. They play almost every game as favourites and almost always comes out on top. Beat us by 9-0 this season.

Last edited:

MUW4Eva

I think he is. Agree or disagree, but it's certainly not 'utter nonsense'.
Don Carlo is a far better manager than Klopp, as is Rafa.

Rafa has achieved far more in his spell at Valencia than Klopp has done in his whole career.

Add on what Rafa did with Liverpool, and well, that just extends his lead over Klopp.

Mickson

Rafa has achieved far more in his spell at Valencia than Klopp has done in his whole career.

Add on what Rafa did with Liverpool, and well, that just extends his lead over Klopp.
Ah, an Internet troll. Well, I rest my case then. Have a good day.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
1 league in 32 years is dominance now? Dippers have a good to great squad but they're not dominant. City are that and even then, they're missing a CL.

MUW4Eva

Ah, an Internet troll. Well, I rest my case then. Have a good day.
What??

How is saying that Rafa is better manager, and has had a better management career than Klopp, make me an "Internet troll"??

I am nothing of the sort!

Siorac

Also do you seriously think any Liverpool fan is deflated right now?
Yes. Is this a trick question?

You lost both the league title and the Champions League final within the space of a week, of course I expect Liverpool fans to be deflated.

arthurka

Liverpool have a funny kind of romance about them, they apparently are the best team in Europe without being the best team.

RuudTom83

How long will Liverpool's dominance last?

First it needs to start...then we can estimate when it will end.

Until then lets close the thread :P

b82REZ

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thelongsleevesofblomqvist

You lost both the league title and the Champions League final within the space of a week, of course I expect Liverpool fans to be deflated.
The league title was already theirs to loose, they were chasing from behind.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Thread title is embarrassing.

Klopp has built a really, really good football team, and while they have been successful, they have never dominated at any point. Last season they only qualified for the CL on the last day of the season. Again, a really, really good team who have been remarkably consistent across several campaigns, and been an almost unstoppable force at times. But all that said, they have one league title to show for it. It'd have been a travesty if they had won the CL this season after a run of Inter, Benfica, and Villarreal to get to the final. The easiest knock out run I can remember in a long time. Meanwhile Real dispatched reigning champions Chelsea, money bags galaticos PSG, and money bags tiki taka Man City.

Liverpool have dominated us. They've been better than us in every way. Recruitment, trophies, results, entertainment. But they haven't dominated anything else. Real have dominated the CL, and City have dominated the PL.

OP needs to get a grip.

tomaldinho1

This genuinely made me chuckle. Thank you.

Tavern in the town

His names Carlo Ancelotti. What is with this new trend? He’s a football manager not a fecking crime boss.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

We also won two trophies and will most likely compete again next season. Sure it's frustrating that this Liverpool team is playing in an era with Pep's City but there are worse positions to be in.

We've actually been fairly spoiled as fans under Klopp.