How many goals could YOU score up front for United in a season?

Varun

Staff
Up front on your own every minute for 38 games!! I reckon anyone who's played at any decent level and can still run a half marathon would get 6-7 just goal hanging.
notsureifserious.jpg

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Considering our strikers struggle to score over 10, I can't imagine a regular Joe even scoring 5.

A United on form and creating loads of chances/pinging balls at you left, right and centre and you could probably nab a few.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
2-3, although I've never been a striker. I think I could get a few assists too, I have a sweet cross. I'd obviously not be a PL level player so defenders wouldn't even be to bothered about me half the time so I'm sure I'd get a few chances.

Just pop Fellaini up top, I'll drift wide and we'll be fecking rolling.

Stan Jefferson

None, without a shadow of a doubt. I'd also probably collapse with exhaustion after about 15 minutes.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
I honestly think I could get 35 plus if I played every game.

Ananke

If I'm playing 90 minutes of every game for the season like you said, 2-3.

2 poaching goals and 1 miskick. I think the manager would end up getting sacked for playing me every game for the full 90 minutes. And the season after I'll be sold for 100k to some league 1 side, shortly after I'll fall to reserve level at which point I'd probably settle. As being one of the crappiest players in the team but they'll keep me on for the banter.

Boycott

I reckon by doing the Fellaini tactic of making a run towards the back post I could nick a goal or two. There is no need to get involved in play and with the knowledge that you will play the full game there isn't pressure to force things.

United22

Definitely 0, unless someone gave me a pen

EDIT: No penalties, so a grand sum of zero. Good thread idea btw, I was thinking of making this not too long ago!

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Big fat zero, I'm not that good. On the other hand, I'm probably much better at life than all you clowns thinking you'd get 5.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If own goals don't count, zero.

JPRouve

Scout
It's so difficult to judge something like this.

Adam Burchill (former Gillingham and Dover player and Arsenal trainee) went to my secondary school and all of our PE teachers were raving about him and saying that he was the biggest talent they'd seen in 30 odd years of teaching.

He was a few years younger than me, but you could see he was in a different class to the rest of us. He literally ran rings round people and looked destined for big things.

I guess my point is if someone with his level of talent was still light years behind professional footballers, I doubt many of us (especially me) would even score a goal in the premier league.
That's the thing, people don't realize how big the gap is, professionals play at an incredibly higher pace, physically and mentally. It's like one of us expecting to touch Mayweather even one time during a 12 round fight.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
There was a story about a West Ham supporter in the 90s who kept giving Harry Redknapp stick from the sidelines during a pre-season friendly.

At half time, Harry got fed up with the abuse and called this bloke into the dressing room with the players - and gave him a run-out in West Ham colours, and he scored.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I'm still fairly fast (although probably not much above average for the premiership), and was always quite a good finisher once I got into position. So if the wingers/attacking midfielders were playing good balls in behind I reckon I'd score a few.

I'd bring absolutely nothing to the build-up though and defenders would crush me for any high ball as I was always terrible in the air despite being 6'1". And at the beginning of the season I'd be flat out lasting 5 minutes, and even with training for the season I'd be struggling to play 20-30 minutes.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Like most here I'm too fat and lack the stamina, I do however play weekend football - I know I can run about for 90 minutes, but after half time said 'running' is at about the same pace the players walk off the pitch at half time.

I'm going to say, maybe one.

I'm not sure what the gaffer would make of me smoking before getting back on the team bus though.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
That's the thing, people don't realize how big the gap is, professionals play at an incredibly higher pace, physically and mentally. It's like one of us expecting to touch Mayweather even one time during a 12 round fight.
Exactly mate. Another example is from a couple of years back when my brother (who's in a band) was playing a charity gig. Part of the day was a five a side tournament. Now each team had the opportunity to bid to have the ex Gillingham defender Ian Cox on their team. This guy was always known as a right donkey when he was playing but amongst non professionals he looked like Zidane!

i thought to my self, if this guy is making all of these guys look like complete wankers, imagine what a premier league, la liga, bundesliga player would be like! It's literally night to day in comparison.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
i thought to my self, if this guy is making all of these guys look like complete wankers, imagine what a premier league, la liga, bundesliga player would be like! It's literally night to day in comparison.
Yeah. Scholes plays 5-a-side for Chadderton Park FC. Nobody can get anywhere near him, he repeatedly scores from the half way line and never, ever loses the ball.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Not sure if my ptsd would allow me to get onto the pitch with all the sounds, and if i did, you could be sure that my palpitations would make me beg to be subbed off. :lol:
0 goals, possibly a few touches if it's a nothing game where a record low 10 people show up and sit high up so I don't hear them making noises.

JPRouve

Scout
Not sure if my ptsd would allow me to get onto the pitch with all the sounds, and if i did, you could be sure that my palpitations would make me beg to be subbed off. :lol:
0 goals, possibly a few touches if it's a nothing game where a record low 10 people show up and sit high up so I don't hear them making noises.
I thought about that, I can't play in front of 75000 people, I can't humiliate myself week in week out, I'll probably die after a week of sleep starvation.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Exactly mate. Another example is from a couple of years back when my brother (who's in a band) was playing a charity gig. Part of the day was a five a side tournament. Now each team had the opportunity to bid to have the ex Gillingham defender Ian Cox on their team. This guy was always known as a right donkey when he was playing but amongst non professionals he looked like Zidane!

Maybe your brother and his bandmates are just shit at football.

ctp

My kind of challenge. I'm a good finisher, but rather lacking in strength, speed and stamina, so this is my natural game anyway. I feel like I should be able to chip in with a goal now and then if I spent the whole game waiting for opportunities in the opponent's box. Then again, I might be underestimating how difficult it is to score against top level defenders and goalies.

Ringo 07

0 but Van Gaal would get 5 good minutes out of me James Milner style where I would do insane amounts of running without ever touching the ball

diarm

Remember when Louis Saha first signed (and during the 4 minute spells where he wasn't injured) and he would find himself in great positions but with absolutely zero composure?

That would be me. Except around 40 times worse. And with a beer belly.

diarm

0 but Van Gaal would get 5 good minutes out of me James Milner style where I would do insane amounts of running without ever touching the ball
"Gaffer, Ringo only lasted 20 minutes out there!"

"Aye... but what a 20 minutes eh?"

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
A few. 1-5. Depends on how many times I'd get the rebound. Assuming I'd be in great shape of course. Without assuming anything, 0.

Morpheus 7

:lol: People saying they'd get multiple goals.

Maybe one, possibly two of you are proper decent footballers who could back that claim, but 90% of ya...:lol:
I know, some delusional clowns in here:lol: How many goals, more like how many minutes before the club would release yus. A few Ali Dia's floating around in here tonight:lol:

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I know, some delusional clowns in here:lol: How many goals, more like how many minutes before the club would release yus. A few Ali Dia's floating around in here tonight:lol:
To be fair, Ali Dia almost scored in the game that he played.

Realistically though, most of us would probably score 0 goals.

One thing people always say when I play football is i've got good movement, pace and energy. Finishing has always been hit and miss though. I'm sure I could score a few goals through positioning alone. It's all about making yourself available to score.