How Many Points In Our Next 5 League Games?

On current form we will struggle against the lot. Lets hope Hojlund can give us a massive lift. Only reality is probably Forest win, but if we cant beat we may as well pack up.
The others could all be bad results. As I said I am hoping Hojlund is the missing link to our play.
Surely a win against Palace should be straight forward too?

Dazzmondo

I have to be honest, I'm very concerned. Palace have a very good defence and we could barely score a single goal against 2 much worse defences in Wolves and Spurs. Forest have also defended surprisingly well in the first 2 games, even against Arsenal. In Awoniyi Forest have a reliable goalscorer too. Arsenal and Brighton are obviously 2 all-round excellent teams. The only one of those games I feel really confident about winning is Burnley. I'm hoping Hojlund will make our attack look much more potent, but who knows when he'll be back, it certainly looks unlikely he'll be back for Forest.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
The only guarantee is Arsenal will wipe the floor with us. It's getting to the stage where it's not when worth watching us away against a top 9 team.

We also seem to have a very poor record there in recent years, when was the last time we won there?

el3mel

We should defeat Forest, Burnley and Palace. Home advantage against Brighton might help us, but we'll lose against Arsenal.

PSV

Forest (H) - 3p
Arsenal (A) - 0p
Brighton (H) - 0p
Burnley (A) - 1p
Palace (H) - 3p

As it stands I think this is most likely, though can see a stupid draw happening in one of the home games, leaving us with 5 pts. Don't really know how good Burnley are though as they've only played City.

There's also the scenario where Hojlund gets off to a flying start, where 10+ could happen.

Lynty

10-15

I'll go with 12 - but we beat Arsenal and drop a 3 points elsewhere.

Grande

In current form?

Forest (H)
Arsenal (A)
Brighton (H)
Burnley (A)
Palace (H)

My heart says 10. Wins against Forest, Palace and Burnley while drawing against Brighton.

Head says 7. Win against Palace and Forest, draw against Burnley while Brighton and Arsenal comfortably dispatch us.
Tbf I think you mix up your head and your heart :)

Recent disappointments (heart) say we’re going to get lambasted for another 36 league rounds, get a few lucky wins against relegation fodder but inevitably go down.

The brain points out that we started slow last year as well only to beat Liverpool and Arsenal within the first five rounds, now Ten Hg has had a year to implement playing style, and we are reinforced as compared to last season. Against Spurs our play was already much less bad than vs Wolves, statistically we were even better on most counts. Tactical problems from Wolves game were already improved upon, and several player looked less sluggish, if still very sluggish. Last 15 vs Wolves were farcically bad, last 15 vs Spurs were merely ubderwhelming. We are going to get better by the game, and I hvink 10 pts is very likely outcome from those games. We might beat Arsenal and lose to Palace, but I’d say 10 is about right.

Todd

We'll beat Forest and Burnley, we'll draw with Palace, and we'll lose to Arsenal and Brighton, so 7 points from the next 15.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Forest (H) Win
Arsenal (A) Loss
Brighton (H) Draw
Burnley (A) Draw
Palace (H) Win

8 points points in the pocket. Easy.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
In current form I wouldn't give us a chance against Brighton, but that OT record under ETH is just too good to simply dismiss. I'm going for 10. Win against Forest, Brighton and Burnley and draw against Palace. Losing against Arsenal.

Tbf I think you mix up your head and your heart :)

Recent disappointments (heart) say we’re going to get lambasted for another 36 league rounds, get a few lucky wins against relegation fodder but inevitably go down.

The brain points out that we started slow last year as well only to beat Liverpool and Arsenal within the first five rounds, now Ten Hg has had a year to implement playing style, and we are reinforced as compared to last season. Against Spurs our play was already much less bad than vs Wolves, statistically we were even better on most counts. Tactical problems from Wolves game were already improved upon, and several player looked less sluggish, if still very sluggish. Last 15 vs Wolves were farcically bad, last 15 vs Spurs were merely ubderwhelming. We are going to get better by the game, and I hvink 10 pts is very likely outcome from those games. We might beat Arsenal and lose to Palace, but I’d say 10 is about right.
I like your optimism!

ElDiabloRojo

7 points.

Forest (H) W
Arsenal (A) L
Brighton (H) L
Burnley (A) D
Palace (H) W

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
In current form?

Forest (H)
Arsenal (A)
Brighton (H)
Burnley (A)
Palace (H)

My heart says 10. Wins against Forest, Palace and Burnley while drawing against Brighton.

Head says 7. Win against Palace and Forest, draw against Burnley while Brighton and Arsenal comfortably dispatch us.
W
L
D
D
W

That's 8 points.

MattyLT

Forest (H): 3 pts.
Arsenal (A) 0 pts.
Brighton (H) 0 pts.
Burnley (A) 1 pts.
Palace (H) 3 pts.

Total: 7 pts

James35

Win
Loss
Draw
Loss
Win

So 10 points from 21. Last season was 12 points and we would have played Arsenal, Liverpool and City.

Just see us struggling for wins every game, even at home, unless we buy another defensive midfielder. The whole midfield balance is fecked right now.

m1tch

Maximum 9, likely 5 or 7. We'll have a mountain to climb not being ready for the start of this season.

Superunknown

Forest (H)
Arsenal (A)
Brighton (H)
Burnley (A)
Palace (H)
My predictions are:

Man Utd 2 - 0 Forest (won this 3-0 last season)
Arsenal 1 - 0 United (lost this 3-2)
United 1 - 1 Brighton (lost this 1-2 - found this game hard to predict)
Burnley 0 - 1 United (finding this one very hard, too. Think United will narrowly win by a jammy goal)
United 2 - 0 Palace (won this 2-1 last season)

10 points then. Not beyond the realms of possibility...those middle 3 games are very hard to call.

Howl

Realistically 9. However, I also expect us to start looking less disjointed as we play more games so we could end up with more.

MasterDarcy

Forest (H) - 3
Arsenal (A) - 0
Brighton (H) - 0
Burnley (A) - 1
Palace (H) - 3

In current form?

Forest (H)
Arsenal (A)
Brighton (H)
Burnley (A)
Palace (H)

2 more of these games left. Spot on with the prediction so far. It was obvious to see since the Wolves game.