How much time is enough time to gauge Ole?

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
Hope they win convincingly tonight (even if its all the kids). God forbid if they loose poor lads gonna be well under pressure.

beingshe7don

Been 60 min and we haven't scored against Rochdale. Still playing crappy football. You still think Ole has what it takes to resurrect the team?

DRM

I made my mind up towards the end of last season when we couldn't beat Huddersfield at home ffs

Enigma_87

You know who
Think we should give him time till the end of the season. It's a write off anyway but this is hilarious.

hp88

Until Ed finds another mug to take on the role ? Seriously reckon this one will walk instead of being fired.

Roboc7

He’s gone at some point this season, this will take years and multiple managers to resolve, Ole isn’t up to it and no idea who is in reality. The club is an absolute mess and has been completely left behind on and off the pitch (apart from making money).

Walters_19_MuFc

People will talk about how Ole needs time to rebuild and needs his own players. Whilst I agree, if performances don't get better very soon, questions will be asked.

I understand we'll be inconsistent, but at the moment I see no fecking clue with our game plan, which is a shame, because I did see one during pre season. So I thought I did anyway.....

Walters_19_MuFc

He’s gone at some point this season, this will take years and multiple managers to resolve, Ole isn’t up to it and no idea who is in reality. The club is an absolute mess and has been completely left behind on and off the pitch (apart from making money).
Can we afford to keep doing that? Different managers require different players, etc. Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho were all different, hence such an awfully imbalanced squad.

Roboc7

Can we afford to keep doing that? Different managers require different players, etc. Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho were all different, hence such an awfully imbalanced squad.
No but without any kind of plan or competence that’s what will happen. We will only improve by small measure here and there before eventually stumbling upon success again.

Renegade

How much has Lampard spent to get his players playing his style? Regardless of results? How long has it taken him?

beingshe7don

Why does he continue to persist with 4-2-3-1? We continue to have 2 defensive midfielders operate and still concede goals. This is very reminiscent of the way Van Gaal and Mourinho used when they were in charge. Pereira continues to play as an RM when he's absolute crap. Lampard lost Chelsea's best player this summer and they had a ban and they are playing wonderful football. Despite us having a good pre-season, we've been playing like crap. So someone needs to be held accountable. Also, looking forward to Chelsea battering us in the next round.

Relfy

SAF put in all that hard work to ensure Man United wouldn't have to go another 26 years without silverware, he made us an untouchable juggernaut. Only for the board and new CEO to complete destroy everything he created and take us back to 1986 again, or even the 70's when we were at our worst. We're not at that stage anymore to accept countless years in the wilderness, the club is too big, the expectations are too high, we've had several GOAT's grace the OT pitch for the last 50+ years. If this was 2013 I'd say be patient but its becoming ridiculous now, we made next to zero progress since then. Why is it a 10+ year project for us? But everyone else seems to get themselves back challenging in less than half that time, and none of those clubs have the same resources and financial clout that we do..
Having financial clout and having an actual football department who knows how to use it are two very different things. It has been raining pound notes at Old Trafford since Fergie left, but I would argue the majority of it has been wasted on ageing and/or substandard players, just look at the list....

Fellaini
Mata
Herrera
Shaw
Rojo
Di Maria
Blind
Falcao
Valdes
Depay
Darmian
Schneiderlin
Schweinsteiger
Romero
Martial
Bailly
Zlatan
Mikhi
Pogba
Lindelof
Lukaku
Matic
Sanchez
Dalot
Grant
AWB
Maguire
James

The amount of money spent does not matter if it is wasted on shite. 14 of those players are no longer with us. 6 of those still with us are squad players or constantly injured.

We are in this mess despite the money because we have no system in place which identifies players or managers to fit a system of play. The people in power have been winging it since day one and they won't change because the people at the top don't give two hoots.

soralapio

I'm inclined to agree, but what i don't get it, when he came in, we went unbeaten for like 10 games (6W4D). What was working then, that isn't now?

Look at this table - points collected since Ole took over permanently.
Yeah, it does make for some shocking reading. And I wish I knew. Maybe it was the new manager bounce, maybe it was the positivity and feeling of freedom the team got from Mourinho fecking off? I guess it's just one of those things people literally spend their psychology careers trying to understand :)

TRUERED89

Having financial clout and having an actual football department who knows how to use it are two very different things. It has been raining pound notes at Old Trafford since Fergie left, but I would argue the majority of it has been wasted on ageing and/or substandard players, just look at the list....

Fellaini
Mata
Herrera
Shaw
Rojo
Di Maria
Blind
Falcao
Valdes
Depay
Darmian
Schneiderlin
Schweinsteiger
Romero
Martial
Bailly
Zlatan
Mikhi
Pogba
Lindelof
Lukaku
Matic
Sanchez
Dalot
Grant
AWB
Maguire
James

The amount of money spent does not matter if it is wasted on shite. 14 of those players are no longer with us. 6 of those still with us are squad players or constantly injured.

We are in this mess despite the money because we have no system in place which identifies players or managers to fit a system of play. The people in power have been winging it since day one and they won't change because the people at the top don't give two hoots.
That list is depressing, spent €900m and nothing to show for it, and last night we nearly went out to a pub side, with their little lesbian looking full back scoring a very well anticipated goal. Can we get any lower right now?