How much will we spend this Summer?

Silverman

Would Ndidi be tempted due to another year without Champions League football?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Yeah but if we sell pogba lingaard de gea dalot vdb... what's with a 90m net... gross of £250m?
Yeh like every summer we sold many players and raised a lot of cash too.. good luck in finding those takers.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Don't think we'll get a defensive midfielder even though we really need one IMO. Guessing:
Incoming:
  • Pau Torres - 50m
  • Kieran Trippier - 10m
  • Jadon Sancho - 80m
  • Tom Heaton - 0m
Total - 140m

Outgoing:
  • Juan Mata - 0m
  • Dan James - 20m
  • Jesse Lingard - 25m
  • Axel Tuanzebe - 15m
  • David De Gea - 10m
  • Sergio Romero - 0m
  • Lee Grant - Retire
  • Diego Dalot - 15m
  • Andreas Pereira - 10m
  • Tahith Chong - 5m
  • Brandon Williams - loan
  • Teden Mengi - loan
  • Facundo Pellistri - loan
  • James Garner - loan
  • Ethan Laird - loan
  • Anthony Elanga - loan
Total: 100m
Net: 40m

Squad:
GK - Henderson, Heaton, Bishop
RB - Wan Bissaka, Trippier
CB: Maguire, Torres, Lindelof, Bailly, Jones
LB: Shaw, Telles
DM/CM: Fred, McTominay, Van de Beek, Matic
AM/CM: Fernandes, Pogba, Hannibal
LW: Rashford, Martial
RW: Sancho, Amad
CF: Cavani, Greenwood

Henderson
AWB Maguire Torres Shaw
Pogba Fred
Sancho Bruno Rashford
Cavani

Heaton
Trippier Bailly Lindelof telles
McTominay Matic
Amad VdB Martial
Greenwood​

King Eric 7

I can't see us raising much cash on outgoing players at all. I think a couple will go for nothing / next to nothing and Lingard may be sold if someone is willing to stump up a half decent sum for him (which I don't think will exceed £20m). I'm assuming Pogba stays as we won't get a decent fee for him anyway and we'll be trying to keep him.

I think we'll spend about £120m on incoming players as I think we'll spend big on one player and get two budget players. I can see us going back in for Sancho somewhere around the £70 - 75m mark.

El-Manos

I’ll be optimistic and say around the £100m mark but it will be closer to £60.

The White Pele

We have to make this a big spending summer. We had a relatively quiet summer last summer with VDB, Telles and money spent on young talent. Nothing in the January window. And this summer presents some exciting options if we are prepared to go shopping. Just looking at English players alone there is Kane, Sancho, Grealish, Rice. I can’t remember a time when such big domestic talents are potentially all on the market at the same time. There is no doubt that these are players that we we would want at the club. Moreover, these are players that will likely end up at our rivals if we don’t move for them. I would be delighted with one of these but if ever there was a time to go and get two this is it.

Add to that the other potential options discussed to address some of our weaknesses in the squad: DM, CB, backup RB.

Also, the context of where we are, having progressed from 6th to 3rd to 2nd but with Liverpool and Chelsea likely to be stronger next year having had difficult seasons, we need to invest big to continue the momentum Ole has built.

I can’t see us going big like Chelsea did last year but we absolutely should be.

Jezpeza

60 million plus sales. Not enough for all the players we need. I’m never sure with our club why we cant just juggle the finances round to spend the next couple of transfer windows budget in one window. Even borrowing the money, we pay loads servicing debt anyway, may as well pay a little bit more

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
£200m

- £80m Sancho
- £120m Kane
- £40m Bissouma
- £30m Buendia

+ £25m Lingard
+ £20m James
+ £15m Jones
+ £15m Williams

Add in cover for Bruno in Buendia. Bissouma to solidify the midfield. The other two are self explanatory tbh.

Rashford Kane Sancho/Greenwood
Pogba Bruno
Bissouma

Sancho Cavani Greenwood
Scott Buendia
Fred

Hughes35

£200m

- £80m Sancho
- £120m Kane
- £40m Bissouma
- £30m Buendia

+ £25m Lingard
+ £20m James
+ £15m Jones
+ £15m Williams

Add in cover for Bruno in Buendia. Bissouma to solidify the midfield. The other two are self explanatory tbh.

Rashford Kane Sancho/Greenwood
Pogba Bruno
Bissouma

Sancho Cavani Greenwood
Scott Buendia
Fred
I mean, this would be lovely but you're in for a very disappointing summer.

Von Mistelroum

I think the consensus is about right. We won’t go over £100m net. I think around £60-80m and I don’t see a Sancho or Kane coming in, that’s just the usual bluster. A defender and maybe a midfielder on the cheap with a couple of players leaving to pay for some of the expenditure.

Infra-red

Thanks to COVID, we don't have much to spare - perhaps £60-70m net. I don't think there will be a big "marquee" addition.

OmarUnited4ever

without Covid the net spend didnt go above 80m since Jose's last summer window.

so i doubt we go above 80m net spend in this covid economy

with sales, maybe the gross spend can be stretched to 130M-150M.

Crashoutcassius

Might be an unpopular one but if there are good deals I think the club will take them. So many clubs out there are desperate to move players on.

I think if any premiership proven quality is available at a good price then we will move.

Lentwood

I think we will spend about £60m net. Which sounds depressing but I think we will generate around £70/£80m in sales, so it should mean at least two new first team footballers.

Kaos

Considering traditional Glazeronomics, a season like this where we comfortably end up in the top 4 usually ends up with us spending no more than £50mill net. Though I feel with the toxic atmosphere around the club and the extra resentment towards them lately I get the feeling they'll be obliged to double that in an effort to placate the fanbase.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I think gross will be £100m, and then we'll try and ship out what we can.

I dont see us buying a CM, i think Donny will get more minutes and expect one of Garner or Hannibal to come through.

Do expect a CB, we look very light there, Varane would be an excellent addition but doesnt leave much scope for anything in the final 3rd which is a concern.

croadyman

I think it's going to be go big on Sancho, Mid range price CB(40-60m), cheap RB, cheap goalkeeper, cheap DM if we sell Matic and a midfielder if Pogba goes too
Yeah something along the lines of

Sancho

Torres/Varane

Trippier

Heaton

Arrambarri

yamo123x

All depends if Pogba stays or goes.

About 70-80mill if he goes.

Sancho, Grealish and Rice in if he does go.

Mata, Matic, Lingard, James,Chong, Pereira, Williams, Dalot,Jones, Grant to be shipped out.

Would love to see Martial gone too but unlikely i think.

I dont see us signing a centre half with Bailly signing new contract. I dont see us signing a centre forward when Cavani renewed. Kane will go City.

rotherham_red

I think we have enough for Sancho, and we should recoup enough from sales and loans to get a CB, but not much more than that. Heaton will come on a free, and if we can, we'll get a backup RB, but it shouldn't come at the cost of the two priority signings.