How plausible is another Prem title this year ?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I would say we currently have three fingers on the trophy, enough to swing it, but still not enough to lift it.

buckooo1978

i think we'll win our next two

home to Reading and away to Sunderland

it'll be too much for City

i have to say I was shocked at our second half performance though - it was like Everton last april all over again

there is something not mentally right about our squad

KiD MoYeS

i think we'll win our next two

home to Reading and away to Sunderland

it'll be too much for City

i have to say I was shocked at our second half performance though - it was like Everton last april all over again

there is something not mentally right about our squad
There is definitely still a level of uncertainty among some of the less experienced players. We've about six or seven players who've played quite a bit this season that have yet to win the Premier League. That's got to count for something.

togg

well...one thing for me...if we did feck it up and city won it...I would sincerely have to retire from supporting football...I just don't think I could take it!!!!!!

wr8_utd

:'(
A collapse is possible but I don't think it would be enough to lose the title. We just need to win our next two games and then avoid defeat vs City. That would almost seal it.

ciderman9000000

Unfortunately I just can't see past City being crowned champions again this season because of Tevez and Yaya Toure and stuff.

pj stretfordend

I think too many of our fans were deluded and got giddy with talk of the treble which was never going to happen.
I can see our season slowly fizzling out but we have done enough to regain the title.
Before the season began I would have settled for that and will be ecstatic when we win the title anything else is always a bonus.

KiD MoYeS

I think too many of our fans were deluded and got giddy with talk of the treble which was never going to happen.
I can see our season slowly fizzling out but we have done enough to regain the title.
Before the season began I would have settled for that and will be ecstatic when we win the title anything else is always a bonus.
The treble was a definite possibility, I reckon.

But yeah, I'd have snapped your hand off at the start of the season if I was offered number twenty.

hp88

Treble was not feasible in my opinion we did not have enough of our squad performing at their best level
It just goes to show how special the 99 squad was, I don't think anyone will ever repeat what we did that year.

KiD MoYeS

Treble was not feasible in my opinion we did not have enough of our squad performing at their best level
I agree that not enough of our players were performing at their best level, but with van Persie on form and Barcelona likely to go out we would have had a good chance in Europe, and domestically wise we're the best team in England.

Ah well, guess we'll never know anyway.

Amir

I don't think we'll collapse. I don't believe the Chelsea match was some sort of mental breakdown following Real or anything like that, so there won't be any lingering effects. And we're good enough to win most matches just like we have until now.

I would have actually been a bit worried even with a 12 point gap in case we were through in Europe. And you can see why, with Fergie down to two midfield players he puts trust in. While we have a good squad in many positions, I'm not sure it's balanced enough to sustain an assault on three competitions. With it down to one - maybe two, if we go through in the FA Cup, though it's not many matches anyway - we should be OK.

While I would have loved to have a go at it, we're not quite a Treble-calibre side. Not yet, anyway.

el eric

A lot less likely now we're out of the champions league. last week it looked like we'd maybe have a massive backlog of games with City, Arsenal and Chelsea all being after European games.

Not proud to say I had 20 quid on city at 23s on betfair just last week in case

pj stretfordend

It just goes to show how special the 99 squad was, I don't think anyone will ever repeat what we did that year.
my sentiments entirely we had keane scholes giigs beckham blomquist and butt our present midfield cannot compete with that plus the four strikers we had then were better than the present four.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
If we lose to a re-invigorated, new manager fueled Reading AND City win away at Everton, I'll get seriously worried. We're then really not far off the situation last year, when despite being in no other competitions we crumbled in a way I never thought possible for a Fergie-managed team.

It would be unbelievable, but so was last season.

And I've said before, for City to win it they'll have had to more or less win out their last 13 matches. That's an incredible achievement, if they do it.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It will be fun to let City within 1 point below at the end of season. It will hit hard on their fans with a false hope, and the owner would have thought they don't need massive improvement.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
We might let the gap drop to around 8 points, but largely i think we'll cruise it.

Castia

I'm still a bit worried, this FA cup replay could cause us a bit of trouble. They will probably go into the derby having played a game more so it could be quite possibly be a 9 point lead on derby day, if they were to win that and take it to 6 points feck knows what it would do to our confidence.

Hopefully they drop points at weekend and we win the derby to seal the league anyway but it's not over for them yet. I fancied Everton to get a point at weekend but after their 3-0 loss to Wigan I can see City going there and winning comfortably.

dicko

I am worried about the effects of the last two results, coupled with what happened last season. Before the Real Madrid game the treble was a realistic dream. Now that has gone, and the FA Cup is further away than before the draw with Chelsea.

We should beat Reading, and comfortably, but it is not impossible that we drop two points. If City win at Everton, then the gap is ten. They beat Newcastle and we draw at Sunderland - gap is eight points. They win the derby and it's down to five with seven games to go. They would have the momentum and i would be seriously worried.

Drawing with Reading is the only unrealistic result there and stranger results have happened. Obviously, I think we will beat them and that should settle our nerves but there are no guarantees. The closer to the end of the season we get maintaining our lead, the more comfortable I will feel.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
There's not a lot of pressure on City. They have a good chance of winning the FA Cup and everyone has written them off in the league. So they can just go out and play their stuff.

If we slip up once, the players mind might start thinking about last season.

lysglimt

Scout
I would put it like this - if City are more than 9 points behind us after the derby, it is over. So basically - 2 wins in a row and a draw against City and we are there

coolredwine

lameredboots
So Tevez scores a hat trick against fecking Barnsley and he is back in form? Remind me the last time he scored in the PL?

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Its always a possibility that we could blow it. Highly unlikely but it is a possibility. A few loses early in the next few games will mount the pressure right back on us. Though with each game we manage to get through with a win it heaps the pressure back the other way.

I'm still focusing on each game as it comes. Beat Reading on the weekend and worry about the title when we have actually won it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
love the change in the title!

Surely changing it to "How plausible is another premier league title" with the thread dated yesterday is a bit stupid though.

12 point lead with 10 games to go? Yeah I could potentially maybe see winning it as "plausible"

:lol: