How will you remember Pogba's time at United?

m1tch

I think it's more of a case of trying not to remember how much he cost us.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Very decent summer 2016 when he arrived with Zlatan. Immediately these two synced together.

Some good memories entangled with obvious Pog-disappointment in the end.

Last edited:

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
He was very good at times, pretty awful on other occasions.

Even at his worst, he was only as bad as anyone else.

I do think he's a symbol of the wider issues post 2013. A clear world class player that we couldn't get the best out of enough.

Prime Messi, Ronaldo and George Best would struggle in this current set up.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The fact that his exit is the best thing he can offer the club after 5 years says it all.

The salary of a top star with a massive positive influence, but in reality he would give you a 9/10, before offering up three 4/10s in a row and giving away a daft penalty. He would then often choose that moment to remind us again how he needed to leave while on France duty.

Redlyn

He was very good at times, pretty awful on other occasions.

Even at his worst, he was only as bad as anyone else.

I do think he's a symbol of the wider issues post 2013. A clear world class player that we couldn't get the best out of enough.

Prime Messi, Ronaldo and George Best would struggle in this current set up.
Ronaldo still scored 20 goals. Pogba was just an expensive cherry on the cake player when we need the actual cake.

Esquire

What an absolute load of shit.

leadership is not just given to people. It’s earned.

Paul is also subbed before 90 mins because he’s blowing his arse after 60.

As for your final comments, players like Bruno were brought in because Pogba failed to deliver. Bruno despite an average season has delivered more than Pogba has In his time here and one has been been here for 3 years more.
I admire you putting the energy to reply to that post. I just laughed it off.

forevrared

I honestly forgot he played for United at times, he was so inconsequential to our play for the latter half of his time here. You can lay some of the blame on the club, but he hasn’t looked arsed for years. I guess there’s a chicken or egg question to be asked of whether he was bad because the team was bad or the team was bad because of players like Pogba. He’s a luxury player built for a team that’s already ahead of its competition. He’ll make a top team better, but he’s been a ball and chain for us.

I especially won’t miss his yearly mid-season month in Dubai recovering from some sort of niggle. I hope we push forward signing players who would run through a wall to play for United, rather than those who come in feeling like they’re already bigger than the club.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Him leaving on a free is being celebrated despite costing us hundreds of millions in transfer fee and wages sums it up.

He's the face of Woodward's era where costly mistakes were made and marketability was more important than their actual contribution on the pitch.

MUFCpiffgawd

:lol:Pogba will be remembered as the player united did not deserve. He was too good for this team. Should have never come here.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
As being something of a symbol for the failed Woodward era, for reasons that aren't all his fault.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Ronaldo still scored 20 goals. Pogba was just an expensive cherry on the cake player when we need the actual cake.
Yeah, playing in a very different role.

The Ronaldo that developed post 2006 wouldn't have developed if he'd been in his early 20s in 2013.

Flexdegea

Seems like a good lad pogba, but prob look back on this as a disappointment, purely because on his day he was really good and had a lot of attributes that where top notch.

Prob not all his fault didn't pan out the way it should, but always seemed to get injured when he was in good form, or the effort seemed to be missing.

Zero ill feeling towards him, and don't think any one else should either. Wouldn't like to see him getting bored if he returned with another team.

wolvored

3/10 5/10 3/10 4/10 8/10 5/10 3/10 7/10 4/10 5/10 injured 3/10 5/10 3/10 4/10 8/10 5/10 3/10 7/10 4/10 5/10 injured 3/10 5/10 3/10 4/10 8/10 5/10 3/10 7/10 4/10 5/10 injured
Rinse and repeat