How will you remember Pogba's time at United?

Kaos

You could be right. There’s a narrative built up that he was a far better player at Juventus, playing in a team built to his strengths. Then went backwards after joining United. But when you analysed his stats from his final year at Juventus vs first two seasons at United, they had actually improved across every single metric.
Yeah that doesn't surprise me. Worth remembering that at Juve he played in a rolls royce of a midfield consisting of Marchisio, Vidal and Pirlo, all at their relative peaks. So its easy to see how he'd be able to get away from the water-carrying responsibilities of the midfield and given more leeway to express himself. In short it was very easy for him to look a flashy player while not necessarily being a productive powerhouse. A luxury he can't have at United.

Nicolarra90

Failure.
5 - 10 games in 6 years at the level we expected him to play regularly.
We never understood how to use him, and he never understood what to do to help us.
Brought a circus for 4 or 5 years, that's part of the reason we couldn't grow as a team.

Good luck to him wherever he goes.

TheGame

I'd say the last comment (which I totally agree with) undermines the first. For me he's just not as good as he thinks he is - or as a lot of others thought he was. PL is the best league in the world for me, in terms of intensity and competition and he's been found lacking.
I do agree but I think he could play better if he applied himself however he doesn't seem to have any determination to do so and just comes up with excuses.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You could be right. There’s a narrative built up that he was a far better player at Juventus, playing in a team built to his strengths. Then went backwards after joining United. But when you analysed his stats from his final year at Juventus vs first two seasons at United, they had actually improved across every single metric.
That's what I said to people and some thought that I was lying. Pogba improved up until 2018, he was a better player than before, more complete. That's not to say that he was a very good player for Juventus but he was a player that had his flaws covered by the team, the team wasn't built for him, he was just an added piece and France couldn't make good use of him until the same process happened where Pogba was kind of pushed aside and turned into a support player instead of being the centerpiece.

That's why I was against the idea of spending that much on him and stated that he was worth half of the quoted fee.

El Zoido

He’s been injured a lot, and hasn’t really done a lot. I can’t ever remember a period of his totally bossing it and being influential. The odd game, yes, but never sustained. I don’t think we’ll miss him one bit.

Acole9

Outstanding
That game against City which he single handedly won for us sticks out as the best moment.

BEST No7

Well disappointing to say the least, but I suppose the club has been a shitshow since he came back. I think he is overrated and unfortunately for Pogba to much was expected from him. Just wasn't upto the job.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
My two memories of PP is the shot of him at a swimming pool with his agent at the time of sealing his United return. The other is how different he appeared when he shared the limelight with ibra; he seemed boyish and small. A lost soul, in ways, and I know he had his personal problems. Pity it didn’t work out. Glazers Out.

SER19

The embodiment of everything that was wrong post Ferguson. A marketing dream, a Woodward statement, huge amounts of media and controversy and drama and mostly absolutely average on the pitch, with occasional brilliance. No heart, no fight and a player I won't think about for a second after he's gone. Among a couple of others should be used as the template for exactly what we never want to sign again

Nicolarra90

Longer term, I expect we'll look back on this disastrous post-SAF decade as the 'Woodward Galactio years' - a calamitous period of haemorrhaging money on overpaid prima donnas who never contributed anything to the club. Di Maria, Falcao, Schweinsteiger et al will of course feature, but I wouldn't be surprised if Pogba comes to been seen as the emblem of this entire sorry chapter in the club's history.

Hopefully, we are in the process of moving on to better times.
The Disneyland years

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Whilst I think he was mismanaged - he is also heavily responsible for one of the biggest wastes in transfer history.

The big thing for me is we signed a player to fit a role he wasn't capable of in the Premier League and without top class partners. His time at Juve and his performances for France suggests he has to be the cherry, on the icing on the cake. We tried to buy the cake here and it just didn't work.

What a waste of a career. But time for him to go and earn some token gesture trophies in an already successful team I suppose.

Lentwood

As a symbol of everything wrong with the club during the Woodward era.

Hopefully Pogba following Woodward out the door will see us finally close the door on that and move forward in a new direction

RedDevil@84

Average.

I was hardly excited about the arrival of Pogba, partly because of the money we paid for him. Didn't think we had to do it at that time. Though it was a relief that people would just shut up about the one that got away.

Anyways once he arrived, my expectation was we were getting a top midfielder, a star of his own kinda guy. So I blame myself for the false expectation. I hadn't seen Juventus enough, except for some wonder strikes and highlight reels where he looked really really good.

Over the years, it became obvious that Pogba cannot work without several things going perfectly for him. Without good talents in midfield, he could not operate effectively. However he was good in patches. Even his so called good season had some spells where he looked underwhelming. But still given his talent, he was far better than our other midfielders. It doesn't take much to be better than the likes of McT or Fred. But that was not the level I was expecting from Pogba. Again, my fault.

The main factors that make me feel good riddance are

- His constant sound bites to media, sometimes directly, sometimes through his agent and injuries. This constant moaning and need to put out words about the club/manager, many of them truth and half-truths maybe, but still unnecessary. This constant talk about leaving, but still lingering around. In last 1.5 years, I had zero expectation from him. Anything Pogba did was a bonus.

- And then the injuries. 81 games missed in 5 years is no joke. He is not a cheap player whom we can accomodate.

I really hope he is leaving and there are no last min surprises. The circus has to go. I don't really blame him though. He is what he is.

caid

Only if you are into agendas otherwise they were in similar situation. Expensive, with lots of expectations from people that had no clue about them and didn't fit. The only difference is that Veron was sold quickly.
Meh, I thought Verons struggles were overstated in most cases. He struggled with the league initially and didn't have the influence he had elsewhere but i think after his first season he was pretty good at his worst and spectacular at his best which was more often than i've seen from Pogba. Thought his european performances and his time next to Phil Neville in midfield were good enough that i was sorry to see him go. I'm pretty sure im in a bit of a minority as regards Veron so maybe i do have an agenda.

matt23

Spent a shit load of money on our own youth product because he'd become marketable.

Got what we deserved

laughtersassassin

He was fine. One of out better players over the time. Also one of the only players we have to help us win our last trophies.

Not our biggest problem but not the solution. No one man could be.

To me it's irrelevant as our problems have always been and still are miles bigger than Pogba

DevilRed

This. Thank feck he is gone though.

We might finally be able to bring in a functioning midfield.

Let him parade about in some farmers league where he doesn't need to run. Don't give a shit if he pulls a lukaku. We all know he isn't cut out for the top level in the prem.

alexanderplatz

Disappointing I think. I was so excited when we bought him. I remember seeing him play for France at a game in the euros and even though I was in the nosebleeds he was bashing people around, I was surprised that he was a strong lad as well as technically gifted.

There were times I watched him for United and thought that he looked like the only one capable of turning a game around with his talent. Most of the time he wouldn’t though.

The overall circus was very annoying at times and like others have said his agent and family would create all this noise that was just distracting. I got annoyed that he didn’t seem to be the one driving standards yet wanted to be respected by everyone as a big player at the club. For me that respect has to be earned.

I wish we had seen more of his long range shooting and ability to carry the ball forward, unfortunately we didn’t and I’m glad he’s going to leave. Still think he seems like a good guy though so I don’t begrudge him any future success. United and him just didn’t match in the end

Todd

Pogba represents what could have been.

In the post-SAF era he's probably the most purely talented player we've had outside of Cristiano, but he never had the heart or the workrate. Such a shame.

Wherever he winds up I hope he does well and stays fit.