How would you rate the signing of Casemiro?

Mike Smalling

Imagine how this season would have gone without him. We've struggled to score goals for large portions, and we would have teams waltzing through our midfield at will without Casemiro.

What is the financial value of making CL rather than EL? I bet it's more than Casemiro's transfer fee. Only argument against him, is if there was a younger player of a similar quality that we could have gotten for the same price. Not sure who that would've been.

caid

10/10
Theres been defensive mistakes that have cost us goals but by and large i think we're hard to break down and he's a massive part of that. Then he's gone and scored a bunch of really important goals and been a real driving force for us which i wasn't expecting. I mean i expected an experienced player with a hunger for winning but seeing him giving Bruno grief after the League Cup final and how influential he's been in important matches (like scoring the first goal yesterday) has just been pretty impressive.

Borninthe80ts

I think the highest compliment that I can pay him is that I trust him. The only other player that I can say that about in our current squad is Martinez, as much as I recognise the talent we have within the team.

It’s the attitude of both of them that I think rubs of on the other members of the squad and both have had positive influences on all members old and young. Casimero is a leader when we needed it most and has stepped up at pivotal times when we’ve struggled , especially after the ban. Almost like payback for missing the games, stepping up.

He also surprised me in he was more attacking than I gave him credit for, both assisting and scoring. If we do get Rice I can see him getting forward even more if paired together. For the price we got him for too, age aside has well been worth the purchase.

El Jefe

Great signing and I think he'll be even better next year. He'll start preseason with us, hopefully won't miss 7 games through suspension in such a short space of time and he'll have better CM partners.

He's the captain without the armband IMO. His communication in English on and off the pitch should also improve next year.

Michael T

Excellent signing, excellent attitude and transformational for team development; much like Bruno when he arrived.
His age means we should already be looking to sign/develop a younger version. All too often we fail to replace linchpin players in good time and end up suffering for seasons on end!

AlPistacho

Best signing since RVP for immediate impact and what he made us achieve in one season

One or more of Martinez, Bruno, Amad, Antony, may very well have longer legacies at the club and win titles etc. But Casemiro is where it began

Irishman

Fantastic signing. Surrounded by mediocrity but raises everyone's game. 9 out of 10.

SER19

10/10
who knows how long he has left, but we look like a different team when he plays.