Hypothetical: As United supporters, how would you feel if Mkhitaryan is a class act at Arsenal?

MUEASC84

I’d love mkhi to do well except when he comes up against us,he’s a nice guy and good luck to him!

lsd

The Oracle
Why do we get these threads whenever a player leaves the club?

There's nothing we can do about it so how are we supposed to feel, if it's a player we sold then we sold the player for a reason they obviously didn't fit into the managers plan for the team at that time.

Nothing they do at another team is going to change that

Mhki can score fifty goals a season for Arsenal it won't make any difference as he wasn't doing that for us

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He is going to be hit and miss at Arsenal. Days like today, he looks class. But when they struggle he will look poor.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Sanchez has 4 assists and a goal in his first three games.
Eh? He got a goal today, didn't do anything against Spurs, and got an assist against Yeovil. Where are you finding the extra 3 assists?

TheReligion

Abusive
Eh? He got a goal today, didn't do anything against Spurs, and got an assist against Yeovil. Where are you finding the extra 3 assists?
Two assists v Yeovil and two today (I was being facetious but he won the pen then had it saved and scored :smirk:).

Either way the point stands. I'm not arsed how Miki does as we have got the better player in Sanchez.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
They played Everton, who right now they look like a pub team. We got Sanchez, so I don't care how he turns out to be for Arsenal.

He did not play for us, the last games he was just bad, he could not even cross the ball unmarked. Plus, in the big games he never showed up, even when he was playing well.

Some, or probably many, will suggest is Jose's fault, but I see Sanchez playing with us and I am like wtf, this guy is world class.

L1nk

He will do vastly better because as much as Mkhi did create some of his own problems, the main issue was Mourinho not using him correctly, in a tactical system Mkhitaryan doesn't thrive in, in the slightest, but he will get that at Arsenal, with the teams highs and lows.

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
He is just another opposition player, how he plays now, be it good or bad, is totally irrelevant.

Just as say if Pascal Groß plays good or bad for his team, I am not at all bothered, as long as it doesn't affect us in any way shape or form.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Saying you want him to do poorly is so petty IMO. It's like if you broke up with a girl because you met the love of your life, but don't want your ex to ever be happy again just because she's an ex even though you were never crazy about her. Miki is the ex, Sanchez is the love of our lives obviously.
Wish him well personally.

SER19

Played really well against a shambolic Everton. 1 game. The transfer was a no brainer

Antonedwin

I don't want to see any of our fans regretting his move to arsenal , it doesn't matter how many goals/assist , how well he played with them if he can't do it with us. He is 29 already , we can't wait for him to turn it around . What matters is we get a player who suit us more

I hope he does'well, i always liked him where he was here. It was pretty obvious he had the talent but didnt fit the system Jose wanted to play.

ti vu

Perhaps we would do more swap with Arsenal in the future as all parties are happy. Arsenal get players and get them used to the league and make them feel like hungry thus pushing a ove to us. Us dumping our surplus players which the, polish to match their expectation. It's better for us than selling for peanuts to foreign clubs. Win win.

SER19

Yeah, let's see how he does away to Spurs in 8 days before we draw any conclusions. Would love him to orchestrate the LC final over City though!
Me too.

And even if he excels at Arsenal doesn't mean he was right for us. Showed nowhere near enough for us to consider us building an attack around him

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Saying you want him to do poorly is so petty IMO. It's like if you broke up with a girl because you met the love of your life, but don't want your ex to ever be happy again just because she's an ex even though you were never crazy about her. Miki is the ex, Sanchez is the love of our lives obviously.
Wish him well personally.
You don't compete with your ex though — and we do compete with Arsenal. So him doing well can negatively influence our club's position

Sanche7

Genuinely do not care and I don't understand why people care. We gave him chances, yes he did not have the attacking freedom in our setup but he kept making simple errors, losing the ball far too easily and other basic stuff which you expect a player like him to be very good at.
And not to mention we got a superior player in return, who is world class, who is a match winner, a guy who can single handedly win you matches; something Mikhi will never be.

But Arsene has done well with Mikhi, asking for Mikhi as a part of Sanchez deal, giving him the #7 shirt, buying Auba who he had a very good relationship with. I'm sure all of those little things gave Mikhi a much needed confidence boost and it's showing in his performances. I'll be happy if he does well, he seems like a good guy and helped us win the EL.

The knee jerk responses here really makes me wonder what the average age of the posters here is. Everytime we lose a match or a single good performance by the guy we sold and suddenly there are 10 threads of people moaning and lamenting. The mikhi thread reminds me of how I used to be in my teenage years, getting depressed and angry after seeing my ex with her new boyfriend even though I hated being with her and have a new hotter girlfriend!

Last edited by a moderator:

Swift Football

Its surprising this thread has gone silent considering he had some great performances in March. I was expecting People who hate on Jose will be on full force on this thread. Maybe, its cuz of his injury.

JK-27

How can you hate on Jose? Swapping Sanchez for Miki was a no brainer. Wish Miki well but I'm very happy we got Sanchez.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Its surprising this thread has gone silent considering he had some great performances in March. I was expecting People who hate on Jose will be on full force on this thread. Maybe, its cuz of his injury.
I don't hate Jose and I'm ok with Mkhitaryan doing well as long as Arsenal don't become serious competition to us. Swapping him for Sanchez was a decent idea for both clubs concerned.

James Peril

Hmm... great performances? He had output against Milan, but has been extremely average in most games. He has not made them any better, on the contrary, I can’t see him being a starter for them next season.

laughtersassassin

Not surprising at all. We just don't care. Happy he is doing well but he just didn't have the bottle for United.

Take the city game, for example, he would never lead us to victory like Sanchez and Pogba did. Not hating just a fact. The chances of us regretting letting him go are incredibly slim.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I said it before, on his day he can be great, but his below par performances are a level that is unacceptable at a top club. This season before his move he was nothing more than a passenger. I don't care how well he'll do there. He won't prove anyone at United wrong.