Hypothetically, if we actually went for major changes to the squad which players would you desperately like to retain?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
  1. Sancho
  2. Bruno
  3. Varane
  4. Fred (squad player)
  5. Rashford (only if it was 19/20 rashford)
The rest... We'd be better off if they were replaced.

jesperjaap

DeGea, Varane,Sancho, Elanga, Hannibal.....Basically bar thekeeper our new signings and youngsters. We can talk aboutcoaching and team, individually talente players havent consistently under performed over several seasons many of them, several names are severely over rated, we have several mediocre players playing most weeks and a lot ofdeadwood,manyof which have had contract extensions over the last couple of years.

Our recruitment has been shambolic in terms of both numbers, the right positions and the right players near every year,including the last couple of Fergusons for me. Only window I thought was good was Mourinhos first one, though hasnt proventobein thelong run

jesperjaap

1. Sancho
  2. Bruno
  3. Varane
  4. Fred (squad player)
  5. Rashford (only if it was 19/20 rashford)
The rest... We'd be better off if they were replaced.
Says a lot oneof the players youd desperatelyliekto keep would be for the squad :) Personally he would be high up thelist ofplayers I would sell. He has transfer valuefarexceeding his quality.

Son

1. Sancho…

That’s about it. Pogba, Bruno and Varane I like but all have glaring issues themselves.

The rest of them don’t care.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
We need players that will work their bollixes off. Every player in that city team is at it. With us two or three players arent doing it, as in working hard enough. If one player isnt doing it, they whole thing goes out the window.

The players winding down their contracts need to go as well.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
DDG
Bruno
Sancho
Varane
Elanga

Telsim

Sancho, Elanga and Varane. Fred also, I think he can fit well in a settled team. Jettison everyone else.

Dempsey19

Bruno
Sancho
Elanga

Genuinely don't give a toss about the rest.

We aren't getting anywhere with this group of players.

led_scholes

Sancho
Bruno
Varane
Elanga
Fred

The not so desperate:
Mctominay (depth)
Telles (depth)
Lindelof (depth)

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
No one if we want to win the league. Bruno, Varane, Sancho is good enough for top 4. Rest is a bunch of twats.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
DDG, Sancho, Bruno, Varane, Shaw, Mctominay, Elanga, and the academy graduates as they can't be held accountable by the first teams' failings.

I couldn't care less about the rest of them.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Ronaldo
Cavani
Amad
AWB

are the one I won’t retain.
Ronaldo
Cavani
AWB
Maguire
Pogba
DdG (reluctantly but he doesn't come off his line)

The rest are keeps or maybes

Pughnichi

he isn’t the answer to our problems, but for example, Camavinga signs for RM and gets regular minutes, is technically sound can keep the ball and create openings for others.

can we not just throw Mjebri in. Not even as a last move…but because, it’s perhaps the right thing to do because he might actually be better than the painful rubbish we have put up with for too long in CM

Christ, id actually prefer to recall Garner at this point (who is having a brilliant season and actually has a decorum of technical ability and a brain)

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
None. We should be looking to build a whole new squad over the next 4 summer windows.

Not 1 player is worth keeping but unfortunately a lot of them will be indulged for years go forward.

flameinthesun

A top team needs players who are talented enough to play for a title challenging team and also have the mentality to play for that team. You can carry a couple players in the squad who are one or the other, but you can not have a squad full of them like this united squad:

Definite keeps:
Sancho (just signed), Varane (if he stays fit)

Don't mind staying:
Bruno (only as an 8, I do not want to see us playing with a 10), mct (only as a backup B2B), lindelof (squad player), Rashford (if he accepts a squad player role), Dalot (squad player), telles (squad player), matic (squad player), fred (squad player)

Ideally will be sold but probably wont:
Maguire, awb, shaw, ronaldo, de gea

Definitely gone:
Pogba (love him but we have no need for a cherry when we havent got a cake), martial, lingard, mata, cavani

Wishful thinking but we need a young ball playing gk to challenge de gea, 1st xi fullbacks, a dominant cb, a DM, another no 8, a winger, and 2 strikers. All in all...not gonna happen.

Canagel

Only Sancho. Pogba is washing his hands off us come May and the rest of them aren't levels.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Sancho and Varane is pretty much it. Shaw and Fred possibly too. That's about it.

Bruno's BS doesn't work against top teams as I've said a million times. People thinking he's on KDB's level because of stats is hilarious.

Pogba is going to leave although I would keep him if we could. But he'll be gone. Shaw could probably stay too because he's technically good enough.

De Gea needs to go. Everyone else can feck off entirely

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Not many people including De Gea?

I get his distribution is average at best and not the best on crosses but are his saves (hes a goalie?) not worth it?
I love the guy but sadly not if you are playing high press. You need a sweeper keeper.

The Dane

Sancho and Bruno for sure. Rashford if he can find the motivation again, McT, Telles and Elanga as squad players. Sadly that’s it.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Bruno, Varane, DDG, I would like to keep Rashford but he may not be well suited for the type of football we're going to try to play next season.

TheRedDevil2019

Today I've become very disillusioned with the team. I have a season ticket and will continue to support and love the club.

Yet, I feel to progress to the next level we need a clearout of about 10 players.

Maguire
Martial
Lingard
Matic
Mata
Jones
Awb
Rashford
Greenwood

Not to mention its likely Pogba and Cavani will be gone this summer. Making it vial we retain a champion like Ronaldo.

I'm not feeling too optimistic atm tbh, we look miles off.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I can genuinely say probably not a single one. Greenwood was the big hope, but that’s obviously changed now. I actually can’t name a single member of the first team squad that I would be bothered if we sold.

Maybe Sancho as the jury is still out on him.
Elanga deserves time, but for me I think he will go the same way as the likes of Macheda, and won’t truly make it.