Television I am not okay with this (Netflix series)

onemanarmy

Didn't find a topic about it.

I liked it, something between Stranger Things and The end of the fecking world. Very binge worthy, only 7 episodes, 20-25 minutes each.

evil_geko

I started this last night, it's pretty interesting for now but it's far from TEOTFW quality.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Watched it. Enjoyed it. Mainly because it was so short I think.

gza the genius

I started this last night, it's pretty interesting for now but it's far from TEOTFW quality.
Yeah it's not nearly as good as End of the World or Stranger Things but I still enjoyed it quite a bit. Like someone else said I think the length helped - barely over 2 hours total so very bingeworthy and a fun watch.

MarylandMUFan

Yeah it's not nearly as good as End of the World or Stranger Things but I still enjoyed it quite a bit. Like someone else said I think the length helped - barely over 2 hours total so very bingeworthy and a fun watch.
I agree. Very entertaining and short enough to not drag. Her guy friend was too much of an 80's geeky boy caricature that he really annoyed me (straight out of a John Hughes casting call) but I guess that was the point.

Oldyella

Just finished this. Was an enjoyable watch, really like the shorter length episodes, made it very bingable.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Other than the fact the whole series could have been one episode of most shows, it was pretty good. Hope they follow up with a second series sharpish otherwise it might lose any momentum it might build.

Tarrou

aye its not bad at all, I really liked the lead actress

:lol: when his head exploded

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
it's basically The End of the F*cking World mixed with Stranger Things, which is fine, I guess that's the Netflix algorithm's way of making series these days.

I enjoyed it, and I think other Netflix shows could learn a thing or two from the shorter episode times. The new series of Narcos has some episodes that are over an hour long!

Zebs

it's basically The End of the F*cking World mixed with Stranger Things, which is fine, I guess that's the Netflix algorithm's way of making series these days.

I enjoyed it, and I think other Netflix shows could learn a thing or two from the shorter episode times. The new series of Narcos has some episodes that are over an hour long!
It's written by the same dude as EOTFW and is produced by some of the same people as Stranger Things. So that makes sense haha

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It's written by the same dude as EOTFW and is produced by some of the same people as Stranger Things. So that makes sense haha
Yeah I mean it says it in the trailer :lol: it's not a bad thing, I knew what I was getting.

Zebs

Yeah I mean it says it in the trailer :lol: it's not a bad thing, I knew what I was getting.
Ah I see, I thought you were just making a random yet extremely accurate observation :lol:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Due to the pandemic, apparently. Season 1 was well received and second season was planned, but Netflix has had to make cuts due to extra costs caused by the pandemic. See here:

https://deadline.com/2020/08/the-so...netflix-covid-related-no-season-2-1203020036/

Pity, I didn't think season 1 was great (it became a bit boring in the middle), but the first and last bit were great and I was looking forward to season 2.