"I can take the despair, it's the hope I can't stand"

hungrywing

No no no you have to save Shawshank for when it really really matters. Thank God you didn't do the whole thing.

That's powerful stuff. You can't just go waving it around. Might put someone's e-ye out.

nooshka

"Remember, Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."
i'm pissed as feck and only came on redcafe to look at the responses to todays game but this has made me wish there was a like button like there is on facebook.

Edit: i shouldn't need to edit thi cause i haven't posted it before i ha

GDH

I know this sounds weird but I'm looking forward to watching a game without being in agony about the three points.
I don't think I've ever been is as much agonising pain at a victory as I was today... I had all but given up, now it's back on! If this hope is false hope, then I will soon be devastated.

Alex

I don't think I've ever been is as much agonising pain at a victory as I was today... I had all but given up, now it's back on! If this hope is false hope, then I will soon be devastated.
The thing is that I didnt see a win coming either

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
:( I had come to terms with us losing the league. Then we go and get ourselves in a winning position until the game is over. As I grew more hopeful, it only ensured a bigger fall.

forevrared

I was working during the matches today and I hadn't seen anything since QPR equalized when I checked the scores and saw QPR 2 - 1 City in the 90th minute. First time since the final whistle of the Everton match I thought we had a chance and I knew we'd won it. There were other games on LiveScore already at full-time, so surely there was no time to score twice...

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah, the only thing possibly worse, would have been a injury time Sunderland equalizer as opposed to a City winner.

But City scoring twice in a couple of minutes just seems to fecking cruel. Oh well, we've done it so many times before, so were getting a taste of our own medicine.

MUFCgal

Before the matches started, I still had a teeny bit of hope, but I was relatively calm as well as I thought City would win by 2-3 goals, maybe more.

We scored first, which is what I wanted.
City scored, hope dashed a bit.
QPR equalise, hope rises slightly again.
QPR take the lead, hope rises by a good margin.
Stoppage time - 3 mins for us, 5 mins for City. I now think a miracle has somehow happened as I couldn't see City scoring twice.
Our match goes over, only a few minutes remaining at the Etihad with it 2-2.
City score, and every emotion I had been feeling just drained out of me at that very moment Aguero scored.

No doubt, it'd have been easier if City had comfortably won. We'd have made our peace with that long before the match ended. But the hope just kept coming and kept rising as the matches went on. So the more you hope, the more painful it is when you lose.

KOV

Melbourne! Was at Old Trafford for UNITED 5 Spurs
Before the matches started, I still had a teeny bit of hope, but I was relatively calm as well as I thought City would win by 2-3 goals, maybe more.

Stoppage time - 3 mins for us, 5 mins for City. I now think a miracle has somehow happened as I couldn't see City scoring twice.
City score, and every emotion I had been feeling just drained out of me at that very moment Aguero scored.

No doubt, it'd have been easier if City had comfortably won. We'd have made our peace with that long before the match ended. But the hope just kept coming and kept rising as the matches went on. So the more you hope, the more painful it is when you lose.
You have summed it up perfectly well :(

kiristao

Spot on! Thats exactly how i was feeling too..

Edmeiste

well said. exactly how i felt

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
What I hate about the whole thing is people going Fergie lost the plot,Fergie is finished etc. and thats just from our own "fans". When we people learn. :houllier: