g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

I see the 'ABU' Media are back in full voice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson King

Have you read his book on United? I think he just hates the modern super clubs and what United have become. I somewhat understand that. This era of football isn’t one for anyone but a supporter of the big teams. This feels more like a lashing out at that than a legitimate criticism of what Ronaldo can still offer.
That might well be true. Whenever I hear him on podcasts now he comes across as very jaded and bitter. Very much 'man shouts at cloud' vibes. Maybe I only notice him act like this when talking about Utd and Ole, but he might do it to other teams too.

It's very annoying to listen to. It started to put me off to the point I just don't bother if I see he's one of the gusts.

worldinmotion66

"He may have lost a battle of fine margins with Romelu Lukaku in Seville, but at 36 Ronaldo has shown in this tournament he is still an asset to Portugal and beyond." "Ronaldo was top scorer in Serie A with 29 goals; Lukaku second with 24 (Lukaku was on the pitch for 82 minutes longer; both played just under 50 hours). There is an easy assumption that Ronaldo these days spends his time hanging around the opposing box, waiting for chances to be delivered, but it is not exactly true. He actually attempted 1,086 passes to Lukaku’s 765 last season..."

Jonathan Wilson, 27th June 2021

Cristiano Ronaldo held Juventus back. Just what do Manchester United see in him?

Jonathan Wilson, one month later, after Ronaldo joins Utd.

His ABUness is plain to see.
Great share @shaky. This needs to be circulated the world over just to demonstrate the abhorrent hypocrisy within the media. It's a fecking disgrace. His reputation should be through the floor. And yet this is so prevalent in today's clickbait-ridden mass media that it will be completely ignored. Sensationalist journalism at it's very worst.

Josep Dowling

I have said that I don't think Ole is in the same level as Pep and Klopp in coaching but it's disrespectful to Ole to say that Ronnie is going to take all free kicks and penalties. It's Ole who decides that. Not a player. Not even Ronaldo. Pogba has won the World Cup but he doesn't take penalties or free kicks for United.
When there was a dispute on penalties Ole said after the game he left it down to the players. I believe that was pre-Bruno signing for us though. Very difficult to say no to Ronaldo. Personally I think he should be no where near penalties or FK with Bruno’s recent record.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
His body composition is not hard to pull off, maintaining vascularity And visible abs is also not haed given the right genetics. I won't get into body fat percentage because everyone thinks you mustbbe ten percent bf if u have visible abs.

His athletic ability I for sure don't have and most people that speak about his body always seem to be talking about it from an aesthetic perspective. And that's what my bone of contention is. He has the body of person in their thirties that looks after themselves and has a Decent diet.

The 'has a body of a 25 year old' is always weird for me to see as it's fairly easy to have a body like that past up into your 40s.

If we are talking about his athleticism, recovery rate, endurance, then sure he's absolutely a freak for his age. If that's what the sentence means then my bad but even you started to talk about BF percent which is only useful from an aesthetic point not so much body performance (unless it's too low or ridiculously high)
I couldn't agree any more strongly than with the part in bold.

gajender

Anyone read Ollie Holt's amonination this morning?
Honestly as far as Holt's articles go it's one of the better ones and if you can see past the headline it's actually quite balanced article with some decent points .

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Any articles condemning PSG for signing an old Messi who's team didn't win a thing last year (Ronaldo won the cup?) and selling their best young player (or losing him on a free!) Whilst United have complemented the Ronaldo signing with one of the most promising young players in the world?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Is he writing that article if City had signed Ronaldo? Or one about how it’s a genius move

cyberman

Honestly as far as Holt's articles go it's one of the better ones and if you can see past the headline it's actually quite balanced article with some decent points .
He is talking shit. We would have been in for a player of his calibre, and price, even if he wasn’t an ex player. Having his history with us just made it easier.
Holt is lost in the narrative of it all and that’s his fault, not the club.

sugar_kane

He’s at it again this morning, not even going to link to the article.

The new one seems to even contradict the old one, the only consistent thread is that Ole is clueless and the club are going nowhere.

Two anti United articles in 24 hours from JW, the guy needs to get a grip.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
There's a nastiness about Wilson's NUMEROUS pieces about Ole which are unpleasant.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So apparently Ronaldo is finished and United made a mistake signing him but signing him should make us title challengers.

Drainy

He is right that there are no excuses this season.

Cups are cups - unlucky exits notwithstanding he needs to do well. He needs to get out of the CL group and have a good showing in the knockouts.

We need to be competitive in the title race with this squad. Winning is a big ask, but we should be in the conversation until the end this season.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Anyone who intentionally reads the daily mail should be ashamed of themselves

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
From a footballing perspective I share some of the Ronaldo concerns. However we couldn’t let him go to City - and if we had done that then the same toxic mob bashing us would have been writing articles about how the fact he went there shows we’re absolutely finished as a club and would have been drumming up hate to derail our season before it even began.

Real Name

He is right that there are no excuses this season.

Cups are cups - unlucky exits notwithstanding he needs to do well. He needs to get out of the CL group and have a good showing in the knockouts.

We need to be competitive in the title race with this squad. Winning is a big ask, but we should be in the conversation until the end this season.
That's not the point though. Point is just yesterday he wrote bringing Ronaldo back is a mistake and what do we even see in him cause he held Juventus back.

Drainy

That's not the point though. Point is just yesterday he wrote bringing Ronaldo back is a mistake and what do we even see in him cause he held Juventus back.
yes that is true, but he can still think Ronaldo is 'past it' and with the additions of Sancho & Varane along with a 'declining' Ronaldo to the match day squad that we should be competitive this year, no excuses.

He does come across as ABU, but this isn't quite the gotcha that was shown yesterday with 'Ronaldo is still great' vs 'Ronaldo was holding back Juve' a month apart.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Which papers should i be reading?
I’m personally of the opinion that a lot of printed media is outdated and useless, and most fans who depend on it do so in order to parrot other opinions that they can repeat to try & sound enlightened.
However if you must, The Athletic isn’t bad.

justsomebloke

So he's saying it's Ole first real test?
At least he seems to be saying a) that CR is an emotional signing that doesn't make United better and b) that with all the great signings United has made, we should now be title contenders.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Ian Wright is a good impartial pundit. He is night and day compared to Grey Ham Sourness.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Wright being a better pundit than Souness is mainly down to him being an intelligent person who can also construct full sentences.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
So apparently Ronaldo is finished and United made a mistake signing him but signing him should make us title challengers.
Anything less than League winners and CL semi finals and Solskjaer should be gone.

Few coaches, if any, has the embarrassment of riches that he has. Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Bruno, Pogba, Shaw, Varane.

Win or leave.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'll never understand why the Guardian perpetually hates us. We had Jamie Jackson for years and now a couple hit pieces from Wilson
The Guardian is the newspaper of the People. Nobody wants to hear about a working class club that slowly built their reputation brick by brick into something huge. They'd rather hear about government backed entities who go bankrupt but have their stadium sold back to them in dodgy deals, or new wealth yuppies who have billions of oil money tossed at them.

It helps when they disable comments on their articles because their new editor decided a couple of years ago that Comment is Everything no longer applied to their outlet, so they can now report any old shite.

justsomebloke

The Guardian is the newspaper of the People. Nobody wants to hear about a working class club that slowly built their reputation brick by brick into something huge. They'd rather hear about government backed entities who go bankrupt but have their stadium sold back to them in dodgy deals, or new wealth yuppies who have billions of oil money tossed at them.

It helps when they disable comments on their articles because their new editor decided a couple of years ago that Comment is Everything no longer applied to their outlet, so they can now report any old shite.
Ha, as if the Comments section is something that ensures quality in reporting. It's the cesspool of humanity, and the Guardian made a good call there, in my opinion.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Ha, as if the Comments section is something that ensures quality in reporting. It's the cesspool of humanity, and the Guardian made a good call there, in my opinion.
The problem is that their main strategy for articles turned into "this particular group of people are cnuts and I don't have to explain why", which should warrant the right for said group to defend themselves, rightly or wrongly.

justsomebloke

The problem is that their main strategy for articles turned into "this particular group of people are cnuts and I don't have to explain why", which should warrant the right for said group to defend themselves, rightly or wrongly.
I think that's a strange theory. Standards of argument in the Guardian seem to me if anything rather high compared to most of the UK press. The key, as it always has been since long before the internet was invented, is editorial standards. The notion that comments sections is some sort of useful tool for ensuring accountability and a platform for groups to be heard is in any case more than a little outside reality, if you ask me.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
And you think that would be taken care of by a comments section?
To expand and deepen debate - the main tenants of the Guardians original reason for having comments on their articles? Well, yeah... Not sure how you can't see how silencing debate by a newspaper that advocates the right to debate is a bit of a problem.

justsomebloke

To expand and deepen debate - the main tenants of the Guardians original reason for having comments on their articles? Well, yeah... Not sure how you can't see how silencing debate by a newspaper that advocates the right to debate is a bit of a problem.
The online comments sections isn't "debate". It's just rubbish.

And sorry, I edited my post while you were writing.

Last edited:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I think that's a strange theory. Standards of argument in the Guardian seem to me if anything rather high compared to most of the UK press. The key, as it always has been since long before the internet was invented, is editorial standards. The notion that comments sections is some sort of useful tool for ensuring accountability and a platform for groups to be heard is in any case more than a little outside reality, if you ask me.
From that angle I completely understand where you're coming from. I think we're talking about different things though, as I'm purely just on a rant about the Guardian preventing me from spamming their articles with trollbait.

justsomebloke

From that angle I completely understand where you're coming from. I think we're talking about different things though, as I'm purely just on a rant about the Guardian preventing me from spamming their articles with trollbait.
Haha, well that's commendable honesty. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.