"I think we can win the title if we focus!" Paul Pogba Sky Sports interview

The Original

I can't really remark on what Pogba may or not have said or did in the changing room, the training field, the entrance tunnel or anywhere else but on the pitch and, in the 4 plus years he's been back he simply hasnt performed consistently well enough on the pitch. Also, the reason we are first in the Prem is not because of Pogba, his recent good form has coincided with our run of good results, not the other way around. If Pogba can maintain consistency and play something like he has done for Juve and France, then we might see something of the player we all thought we were getting when we signed him, but I wont hold my breath.
Simply not true. Pogba played a key role in three narrow victories that took us to the top.

Lee565

I think liverpool losing again tonight will only enhance pogba's hunger and drive to produce the type of of performances we have seen of late from him, players like him, Fernandes and cavani feel like true winners in our side that will be inspired by our chances of winning the premier league becoming more and more realistic as the season goes on.

Needham

If we do win the title I think it's fair to say that Pogba single handedly was a part of it.

Odin

Quite literally has never had a bad word spoken about him by current or former teammates for club and country yet I assume you're much more in the know and a better judge of his character from afar...

Every player says the same thing about his positive dressing room influence and you can see it out there, every story that leaked about his supposed unhappiness always made sure to include lines stating that he's still popular in the squad regardless.
This should be a sticky. I hope fans can get behind their players, but people fall down the rabbit hole all the time.

Yes, Raiola is a big bad mouth. Pogba seems a fun loving guy thriving on positivity. When you are nice and kind, you may have good use of a sidekick to look after your contracts. Nothing sinister about that.

The overall dynamics created in international football by "super agents" like Raiola - now that is something to discuss.

The Original

This should be a sticky. I hope fans can get behind their players, but people fall down the rabbit hole all the time.

Yes, Raiola is a big bad mouth. Pogba seems a fun loving guy thriving on positivity. When you are nice and kind, you may have good use of a sidekick to look after your contracts. Nothing sinister about that.

The overall dynamics created in international football by "super agents" like Raiola - now that is something to discuss.
People keep on going about how one's agent doesn't come out and make comments without the player's approval not understanding that even at the best of times, an agent is not your employee, and like any real estate agent, they may often have interests that conflict with yours. A super-agent like Raiola certainly won't be taking orders from his clients.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
People keep on going about how one's agent doesn't come out and make comments without the player's approval not understanding that even at the best of times, an agent is not your employee, and like any real estate agent, they may often have interests that conflict with yours. A super-agent like Raiola certainly won't be taking orders from his clients.
I cant speak for anyone else, but I would have had far less of a problem with Pogba if he had said something, anything, to contradict Raiola when he has attacked the club. Silence is always going to be interpreted as an agreement with what he is saying.

SuperiorXI

What a load of nonsense.

Can't believe people fall for this shite. Raiola is Pogba's representative, it is beyond obvious he is working in Pogba's interest. If he wasn't, he would be fired or at the very least culled with a public announcement by Pogba.

Pogba playing well doesn't change the fact that he dragged the club through the mud, I wish fans didn't have such short memories and attention spans for disrespect like this. Making up every excuse to make Pogba look better when the evidence is right in front of your face. Don't forget this all happened before arguably the biggest match of our season... which we went on to lose!

Last edited:

redmanx

What a load of nonsense.

Can't believe people fall for this shite. Raiola is Pogba's representative, it is beyond obvious he is working in Pogba's interest. If he wasn't, he would be fired or at the very least culled with a public announcement by Pogba.

Pogba playing well doesn't change the fact that he dragged the club through the mud, I wish fans didn't have such short memories and attention spans for disrespect like this. Making up every excuse to make Pogba look better when the evidence is right in front of your face. Don't forget this all happened before arguably the biggest match of our season... which we went on to lose!
It seems, according to the media, that Pogba has said that the reason he was unhappy at United was because he was on the bench. He goes on to say that this doesnt mean other players did not deseve to be picked over him but he doesnt like not playing, but he doesn't fully refute his agents claim either. Fair enough, but does this mean that, should his form dip again and he is benched that he'll be "unhappy" again? Most players when benched are "unhappy" but most simply roll their sleeves up and try to win their place back. Pogba is a truly gifted player but this alone does not guarantee any player a place in the team and Im afraid Pogba simply can't seem to accept this. Hopefully his form will stay good till the end of the season and then he'll be sold off; despite his undoubted ability, Paul Pogba does not have what is required to be a player for Manchester United.

The Original

It seems, according to the media, that Pogba has said that the reason he was unhappy at United was because he was on the bench. He goes on to say that this doesnt mean other players did not deseve to be picked over him but he doesnt like not playing, but he doesn't fully refute his agents claim either. Fair enough, but does this mean that, should his form dip again and he is benched that he'll be "unhappy" again? Most players when benched are "unhappy" but most simply roll their sleeves up and try to win their place back. Pogba is a truly gifted player but this alone does not guarantee any player a place in the team and Im afraid Pogba simply can't seem to accept this. Hopefully his form will stay good till the end of the season and then he'll be sold off; despite his undoubted ability, Paul Pogba does not have what is required to be a player for Manchester United.
When was this, or better yet what media source have you heard this from?

The Original

What a load of nonsense.

Of course, he is working in Pogba's interests, that's the job of the agent, and that is the reasons why he won't get fired even if he says something that does not necessarily represent the views of the player. Because from the player's perspective, so long as the agent is representing his best interests, he has no incentive to fire him even if he says things the player does not agree with. Isn't that obvious? However, he is also working in his own interests because for a super agent like Raiola, moving players around is where the big money lies. And to do this, he needs his player to stay marketable or get a decent new contract from his club.

Is Pogba expected to fire his agent and hire someone who won't be able to represent him as well? If you had to go through an out of court settlement process with your company would you hire the best lawyer? You probably would. If in the course of the negotiation, your lawyer says something rude to your boss, would you fire him and hire an inferior one for that reason alone?

And to insist that Utd lost against PSG because of Raiola's comments... come on. United haven't won a single game against top Premier League opposition this season and you think losing to PSG has more to do with Pogba's agent than it does with some underlying footballing issue? You just need to have this as a stick to beat Pogba with.

Last edited:

redmanx

When was this, or better yet what media source have you heard this from?
Somebody named Jake Polden wrote an article about it in The Daily Mirror of January 16th. I dont read the Mirror or any other UK news paper but I saw the article on line and checked it out. As I said, this was "according to the media" and I cant answer for the truth of the article, but apparently similar articles have appeared.