Television I Think You Should Leave w/ Tim Robinson

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Didn't see a thread for this.

One of those shows I am completely certain people will think is shite and not get it but it's just so surreal in a good way for me :lol:

I don't think there has been a single sketch where I've been able to tell the direction it will go when it starts.

Also spawned the classic "We're all trying to find the guy who did this" meme and many others.

kps88

It is the greatest show ever. Everyone I know hates it.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
It's hit and miss, but when it hits it's hilarious.

Still need to catch up with S2.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I genuinely misread the title as tommy Robinson and thought the title was some horrific documentary :nervous:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I meant to make this thread the other day. We’ve watched all of them and have been in literal tears at some of the sketches and then obviously there’s some that fail a bit.

I find the sketches that he isn’t in are generally the least funny and you sometimes get a couple of those in a row and sit there feeling a bit flat. Then the next sketch starts and you see him there and you just can’t help but laugh before he’s even started. He’s just somehow hilarious.

I was talking to a friend at the weekend and this came up and I was like “You should try it… I can’t guarantee you will like it, in fact you might think it’s a bit shit. Some of it is absolutely hilarious though, but I can’t guarantee you will get it because it’s a bit weird, so I can’t really recommend it but it’s actually really really funny at times so I really do recommend it. But when you’re watching it if you think it’s a bit shit just forget I recommended it please. But I definitely recommend giving it a try. I think.”

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I meant to make this thread the other day. We’ve watched all of them and have been in literal tears at some of the sketches and then obviously there’s some that fail a bit.

I find the sketches that he isn’t in are generally the least funny and you sometimes get a couple of those in a row and sit there feeling a bit flat. Then the next sketch starts and you see him there and you just can’t help but laugh before he’s even started. He’s just somehow hilarious.

I was talking to a friend at the weekend and this came up and I was like “You should try it… I can’t guarantee you will like it, in fact you might think it’s a bit shit. Some of it is absolutely hilarious though, but I can’t guarantee you will get it because it’s a bit weird, so I can’t really recommend it but it’s actually really really funny at times so I really do recommend it. But when you’re watching it if you think it’s a bit shit just forget I recommended it please. But I definitely recommend giving it a try. I think.”
Yep essentially what my OP was :lol:

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I've not watched a show with such changes in quality. One minute it's funny (not the funniest thing I've ever seen, but funny enough), but then at other times it can be unwatchably bad.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Actually, I watched a few more. It's just shite

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
So, so much of it shouldn't have made it to filming let alone the edit but some of it's brilliant.

Smores

Yeah it's very hit and miss. Having watched and enjoyed Detroiters it feels a bit odd to see him/them in this format.

Aunty Donna's Big Ol House of Fun is a better weird funny show. It takes watching enough of them to gain Stockholm syndrome though

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeah it's very hit and miss. Having watched and enjoyed Detroiters it feels a bit odd to see him/them in this format.

Aunty Donna's Big Ol House of Fun is a better weird funny show. It takes watching enough of them to gain Stockholm syndrome though
I love pud.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

Still my favourite. Think it might be the very first sketch too? S01E01

This one to:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.

Still my favourite. Think it might be the very first sketch too? S01E01
It is. Such a strong start :lol:

Halfway through season 2 and I think it's a definite improvement so far. The professor sketch in ep 2 (I think) was the only one I thought might end on a duff note but the punchline was brilliant. And Bob Odenkirk is just too good in the diner one.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Hoping Bob Odenkirk is ok.

Last edited:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I have yet to convince one single person that this show is good despite the constant recommendations. Oh well, I love it.
:lol: My best friend and I haven't even bothered trying to get the rest of our group into it, we know it'll be a non-starter. Learnt our lesson when our Tim and Eric recommendation went down like a lead balloon.

Their loss, the uncultured swines.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I just rewatched both seasons of this. It’s fecking amazing :lol: somehow gets funnier each time.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Great news. Watched a few episodes again recently and they’re just as funny as I remembered them being first time around.