"I want to play always with a left-footed centre-back"

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I hate when LVG uses the term 3rd captain.

If Rooney is captain and Carrick is vice captain, then Smalling's title should be thrice captain.
If you are going to be so pedantic, Smalling should actually be referred to as the Second Vice Captain. Although you must be on the WUM with that post.

stevoc

If you are going to be so pedantic, Smalling should actually be referred to as the Second Vice Captain. Although you must be on the WUM with that post.
Pedantic? I was taking the fecking piss.

Didn't my use of the word 'Thrice' make that obvious?

stevoc

I'm curious, are you actually? Does it actually matter to you enough that you're genuinely disappointed?

Just because I mostly tend to be disappointed when we lose games or play badly, and my time on the caf is increasingly giving me the impression that I'm setting the bar too low.

Do i actually what? Care that his english isn't better a bit yeah. Communication being a big part of a managers job and all that.

Crazy concept eh?

Tell me does it really matter to you if it matters to me?

stevoc

Oh come on you can't be serious?

You're judging him on errors like "Thrice" instead of "Third"? You've got to be on a wum.
You do realize the thrice comment was taking the piss?

Seriously like fecking thrice.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You do realize the thrice comment was taking the piss?

Seriously like fecking thrice.
Oh right, the tone of your text really gave that away.

stevoc

Oh right, the tone of your text really gave that away.
I'll try to make my tone more jokey next time mate.

I knew you were being sarcy with the comment below but with the crazy stuff thats posted on here i guess it's easy to think someone is being serious.

These are the types of grammatical errors that are going to stop him winning titles here.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

this kind of nonsense reminds me of that Chester American manager who had three captains on the pitch at anyone time, one per area of the pitch.

he was quickly sacked.

Varun

Staff
It'l be funny, in a bad way, if blind is used as a CB in the league.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Has anyone noticed, at any point in any game last season, where having a left footed Rojo or Blackett out there with a dominant left foot prevented a problem?

Cuz I can name two times Blackett cost a goal, in one game.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Has anyone noticed, at any point in any game last season, where having a left footed Rojo or Blackett out there with a dominant left foot prevented a problem?

Cuz I can name two times Blackett cost a goal, in one game.
76th minute, Swansea away.

Roboc7

It's nonsense always wanting a left footed cb but looks like blind may start ahead of smalling at cb, it will end in disaster, cost us points and then get abandoned. This kind of thinking is the downside to LVG.

saivet

Fletcher was good last pre season too. Not watched any of the pre season games but Blind ahead of Smalling is concerning. Especially as it seems if their stronger foot was different then Smalling would be in the team.

Bojan11

Blind will get bullied in premier league matches. I just don't get the point of this.

Smalling and Jones at the end of season showed two right footers can play together. Surely LVG has learned from this bollocks?

Marcus

I am ok with this requirement. When the centreback is isolated on the left, it is preferable that he be a left-footer. After all, that is the leftback position after all. That means that he will be more comfortable stopping the opposing player getting down the line for a cutback.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Do i actually what? Care that his english isn't better a bit yeah. Communication being a big part of a managers job and all that.

Crazy concept eh?

Tell me does it really matter to you if it matters to me?
His English isn't perfect but its good enough for our players to understand. Bear in mind also that LVG always employ a former player to act as bridge between him and the players. If someone cant understand a comment he made he can always ask Giggs and Giggs will explain or ask for any clarifications.

settembrini

I think this is going to be another selection blunder. Opposition forwards will target him as a weak link if he starts competitive games as a centre back and I don't see him being able to cope.

Walters_19_MuFc

Van Gaal said that he wants two players for each position and when talking about a left footed centre back he said, "but my preference is a left-footed defender and with Rojo and Blind we have two". Therefore, does that mean he is now happy with the centre back situation because he has Blind and Rojo that can play there? If so, why did he make a bid for Ramos?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We will have to wait for the Spurs game but I still believe that Smalling and Jones will play if they're fit