Ibrahima Konate

izec

Klopp eases him in i imagine. People are too quick to judge. Sometimes players flop regardless, see keita, and sometimes they just need a bit of time, see Fabinho.

OmarUnited4ever

Matip is an excellent CB, but it's a known fact that he is injury prone, as is Gomes, so Konate is a good backup option (although i am not certain Konate himself is over his own injury issues).

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Matip is good I agree but doesn't it seem strange then at this point (appreciate still a few days left of the window) it seems your marquee summer signing is a back up CB as opposed to addressing the replacement of Wijnaldum and a potential CF?
If you remember what happened last season: Matip, VvD, Gomez all out at the same time for pretty much the whole season, you wouldn't ask why we signed Konate. Matip is brilliant, he isn't granite.

Konate is 10x more important than any Gini replacement who we will cover through youth (Jones, Elliot). Gini would not have won us the game yesterday, as an example. He would have slowed our attacks down even further.

Classical Mechanic

If you remember what happened last season: Matip, VvD, Gomez all out at the same time for pretty much the whole season, you wouldn't ask why we signed Konate. Matip is brilliant, he isn't granite.

Konate is 10x more important than any Gini replacement who we will cover through youth (Jones, Elliot). Gini would not have won us the game yesterday, as an example. He would have slowed our attacks down even further.
So you've signed an injury prone centre back to cover your injury prone centre backs. Logic.

TheReligion

Abusive

I just find it odd to make a covering position your marquee summer signing. Surely you have to build the first team especially when someone as important as Wijnaldum leaves.

You have a very unreliable injury prone middle. Keita, Ox, Henderson and Thiago. The latter are getting old too.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Matip is good I agree but doesn't it seem strange then at this point (appreciate still a few days left of the window) it seems your marquee summer signing is a back up CB as opposed to addressing the replacement of Wijnaldum and a potential CF?
It was a necessary signing in the light of what happened last year.

But yes, it's a bit shit that he's our only signing, when Origi and Minano are next up in the frontline. Ending the summer with negative net spend at a time where this squad really needs refreshing. It's bullshit.

HJ12

It was a necessary signing in the light of what happened last year.

But yes, it's a bit shit that he's our only signing, when Origi and Minano are next up in the frontline. Ending the summer with negative net spend at a time where this squad really needs refreshing. It's bullshit.
This is how I see it as an outsider. CB was necessary, but so was midfield and probably another addition to their forward line with Shaqiri now gone. I can't believe they went with the only strengthening one of these areas, so can only assume they must be thinking Elliot is ready. Out of interest, what would be the plan when Salah and Mane head off to AFCON? Firmino, Jota, and....Minamino? Who are the other back-ups? Origi?

B20

Supports
Liverpool
This is how I see it as an outsider. CB was necessary, but so was midfield and probably another addition to their forward line with Shaqiri now gone. I can't believe they went with the only strengthening one of these areas, so can only assume they must be thinking Elliot is ready. Out of interest, what would be the plan when Salah and Mane head off to AFCON? Firmino, Jota, and....Minamino? Who are the other back-ups? Origi?
Yeah, it's gonna be two strange games.
It's Origi, Minamino and I suppose Chamberlain.

HJ12

Didn't the African Cup move to the summer?
As far as a I know, it's from the first week in Jan until first week in Feb. I suppose 2 weeks fall into the league's winter break, which doesn't make it that bad.

Devil may care

As far as a I know, it's from the first week in Jan until first week in Feb. I suppose 2 weeks fall into the league's winter break, which doesn't make it that bad.
Ah right, I just checked and they had moved it to June but then moved it back because of weather concerns, then obviously it's been delayed a year by covid.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
@Klopper76

Seems like he's settling into the team now and Liverpool fans are very excited about his potential. Came off the bench in the second half earlier and put in another dominant display from what I've read.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
@Klopper76

Seems like he's settling into the team now and Liverpool fans are very excited about his potential. Came off the bench in the second half earlier and put in another dominant display from what I've read.

He was decent against Spurs and Milan. I still prefer Matip to partner Van Dijk personally. Konate was a long term investment so I wasn't expecting him to come right in. He's had a couple of stinkers as well where he's looked like a bag of nerves. He wasn't great against Porto and I thought he started the United game a bit uneasy.

I do think he's got the attributes to become a great CB though. He's pacey and strong in the challenge. Plays the ball forward well too. Gomez is finished. I think we'll sell him to Villa soon.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
He was OK early on, but I thought he stood off his opponents too and you can't give that kind of space in this league even if you have the pace to recover.

His marking has been tighter lately and looks to be using his physique really well. Could be a huge player if he keeps this up.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He was decent against Spurs and Milan. I still prefer Matip to partner Van Dijk personally. Konate was a long term investment so I wasn't expecting him to come right in. He's had a couple of stinkers as well where he's looked like a bag of nerves. He wasn't great against Porto and I thought he started the United game a bit uneasy.

I do think he's got the attributes to become a great CB though. He's pacey and strong in the challenge. Plays the ball forward well too. Gomez is finished. I think we'll sell him to Villa soon.
All the injuries have finished Gomez? What a shame.

PoTMS

I'm not fussed with missing out on him. No doubt he would've been an absolute donkey if he joined us.

Josh 76

He looks okay playing for Liverpool. Even Harry Maguire would be ok playing in that team.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The annoying thing with signings like this is that they were obvious. Liverpool didn't have to be clever to spot him. Meanwhile we're chasing big names past their best.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I still prefer Matip currently but Konate is one for the future. He’s displaced Joe Gomez altogether.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He looks okay playing for Liverpool. Even Harry Maguire would be ok playing in that team.

Maguire would get slaughtered playing for Liverpool. They have the highest line in the league (from what I can see), defending high in and out of possession. Klopp would be in a massive hurry to get rid.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Maguire would get slaughtered playing for Liverpool. They have the highest line in the league (from what I can see), defending high in and out of possession. Klopp would be in a massive hurry to get rid.
Yeah very true. We’ve had the most opposition players caught offside against us this season. Way more than the next highest which is City I think. It’s actually cost us at times but Maguire would struggle playing 40 yards from his own goal all the time.

432JuanMata

Yeah very true. We’ve had the most opposition players caught offside against us this season. Way more than the next highest which is City I think. It’s actually cost us at times but Maguire would struggle playing 40 yards from his own goal all the time.
It’s like when Maguire and Stones were playing well last season and I said if both swapped clubs they be shite. Stones be under more pressure here and would be ridiculed more and Maguire in City high line be a comedy show

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
What‘s Upemecano (sp?) been like for you? only seen Bayern once this season…
Performances varying from monstrous world beater to a complete and utter trainwreck, little in between.

When he's good, he's irresistible, but he's cost us a few games all on his own. Just far too unreliable as of now.

Oh well he's still young. Konaté is the real deal though.

AshRK

Klopp is a special manager. He would even make Bailly look amazing.

Alfie092

Looking better and better the more he plays. Would be extremely jealous if he ends up becoming another world-beater for Liverpool at a fairly reasonable price too...

Jibbs

Between him and Upamecano, most people at CAF rated him higher, and I think rightly so.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
One of his best games I would say. I was nervous when he was picked against Inter as I think passing and playing out of the back isn’t what I think is his strong suit. But he played well although it helped that Van Dijk was at his best tonight screaming and pushing his fellow defenders onward.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
One of his best games I would say. I was nervous when he was picked against Inter as I think passing and playing out of the back isn’t what I think is his strong suit. But he played well although it helped that Van Dijk was at his best tonight screaming and pushing his fellow defenders onward.
I’m glad Konate was on form because Alexander-Arnold basically stopped playing for the first 20 minutes of the second half.

NoPace

I’m glad Konate was on form because Alexander-Arnold basically stopped playing for the first 20 minutes of the second half.
He was shocking. Perisic ate him up. I love watching him hit crosses and long balls over the top but if I was Southgate I wouldn't sleep the night before putting him in my team over James and probably even Trippier.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Klopp is a special manager. He would even make Bailly look amazing.
Konate was known to be the biggest CB talent by plenty of people. They were only wary of injuries. Liverpool's recruitment is miles better than us. Not just Klopp but the club knows what they are doing.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Konate was known to be the biggest CB talent by plenty of people. They were only wary of injuries. Liverpool's recruitment is miles better than us. Not just Klopp but the club knows what they are doing.
I disagree.

Liverpool were lost without Klopp.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I disagree.

Liverpool were lost without Klopp.
Well they nearly won the league 1.5 years before he joined so they weren't as lost as made out. We haven't come close since 2012. The fact that they nearly won it and then hired him shortly after shows that they were on the right track and making correct decisions (far more than before).