ICC Cricket World Cup 2023

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Silly from Baresi thinking he could make the move into cricket from football.

IRN-BRUno

Above Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Netherlands on run-rate now. A big win for NZ tomorrow would be good.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Ben Stokes is clutch. Scoring a century against Netherlands isn't proof of being clutch for anyone.

The two things aren't mutually exclusive - perhaps hard to understand for you.

And the post was made in jest - I'm not sure even Samid was serious.
Stokes shouldn't be playing.

JohnnyKills

Dude highlights won't do this match any justice. Watch every ball from about 40/1. Some real crazy shit was going on in that innings.

Some brilliant bowling. Everyone thought Maxwell was gone on his first ball (hat-trick ball). Starc not reviewing after given out caught behind, ball was nowhere near the bat and hit the off stump! Maxwell walking off as he thought the LBW review was crashing into the stumps, only for the ball to go over the top. And then the absolute carnage and ridiculousness of the final partnership.
One of the great ODI innings surely. Not sure it's the best, simply because the opposition are a little way short of top level, but still... amazing.

Best ODI innings for me probably Steve Waugh versus South Africa in the first part of their double-header in 1999 (before the semi-final).

zing

Zingle balls

Morgan hasn't missed a chance to stick the boot in for two weeks now.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Does this mean Pakistan have to absolutely hammer England to stand a chance then? The likely margin of victory here pretty much kills the top 4?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.

Morgan hasn't missed a chance to stick the boot in for two weeks now.
His level of criticism has been a bit weird in all honesty. Not sure why he feels the need. Plenty of others rightly doing so but this seems a bit vindictive.

MDFC Manager

Does this mean Pakistan have to absolutely hammer England to stand a chance then? The likely margin of victory here pretty much kills the top 4?
Yes I think so. The lower order runs here might make it slightly interesting especially if SL bowl well (CT spot still in play for them).

MDFC Manager

@MDFC Manager what are the chances of a rain out now? I was thinking this ends in 20 overs but they've played 40
Chance of rain dwindling quickly i think. It's gone from quite overcast to patches of blue sky with just a few grey clouds. I don't think it will rain at all :nervous:

Skills

Snitch
NZ should try and chase this in 15.

That'll force Pak to try and bat first and put up 400

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
NZ should try and chase this in 15.

That'll force Pak to try and bat first and put up 400
England's bowling has been relatively ok of late so that may be tricky. It's the batting that looks like it needs putting to sleep.

AshRK

Lots of respect for NZ but if they win that FFS
Already dreading the thought of them batting first and scoring 300 and then Boult turns into prime wasim akram again and rips into our top order.

Although the way our bowlers have bowled I would be mighty surprised if NZ score 300.

MDFC Manager

Already dreading the thought of them batting first and scoring 300 and then Boult turns into prime wasim akram again and rips into our top order.

Although the way our bowlers have bowled I would be mighty surprised if NZ score 300.
Isn't the semi at Mumbai? Imagine NZ getting to bowl second there and getting good purchase...Might not need 300 to defend in that scenario.

Skills

Snitch
Pakistan need to bat first. If England win the toss and bat first, they're out

IRN-BRUno

Pakistan need to bat first. If England win the toss and bat first, they're out
They can bowl England out for 150 and go through if they chase it in 3.4 overs :)

Afghanistan need to win tomorrow by 438+ runs to go above New Zealand!

JohnnyKills

England's bowling has been relatively ok of late so that may be tricky. It's the batting that looks like it needs putting to sleep.
Mate our bowling is crap! A left-arm journeyman who bowls at 80mph, a guy who can't do it outside England and a quick who goes at 8 an over. Plus we've only got one decent spinner.

We're the only country to win a 50 World Cup without a test-class bowling lineup. The batters used to render that irrelevant (we've played Keeganball throughout our golden run) but not anymore.

EDIT: India in 2011 was probably a weaker bowling attack than ours in 2019, but it's close.

zing

Zingle balls
Mate our bowling is crap! A left-arm journeyman who bowls at 80mph, a guy who can't do it outside England and a quick who goes at 8 an over. Plus we've only got one decent spinner.

We're the only country to win a 50 World Cup without a test-class bowling lineup. The batters used to render that irrelevant (we've played Keeganball throughout our golden run) but not anymore.

EDIT: India in 2011 was probably a weaker bowling attack than ours in 2019, but it's close.
Jofra made a huge difference to England 2019.

Agree India 2011 was super average

Utd heap

Models for Coin.

Our bowling line up is defo shit I'm purely talking about current performance level at this WC. The bowling is 'ok'. The batting is not.