ICC Cricket World Cup 2023

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Our bowling has been so anaemic this World Cup. Haris Rauf has been woeful, spinners have been poor. Afridi hasn’t been himself since the injury.

IRN-BRUno

Do we get a win then?
Won't have any affect on the WC seeing as they're already done. Now looks like the SL cricket board requested the suspension themselves to stop the government interfering and it's seen by the ICC as more of a warning. It'll probably get sorted out soon enough.

paulscholes18

Root got out at just the right time for England, Brook and Buttler can fire England to a score Pakistan can’t chase.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Remarkable innings from Mitch Marsh. Aussies turning it on at the right time.

Skills

Snitch
Australia's bowling's the issue so far. They've given up so many runs throughout.

Watch them turn up in the knockouts now

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
If this was a proper league format and you played everyone twice we would nick 4th IMO. Just getting into it now.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
rizwan refusing to leave the square after being given out. pathetic.

JohnnyKills

Root got out at just the right time for England, Brook and Buttler can fire England to a score Pakistan can’t chase.
Of all the mad things we've done this tournament, changing our squad at the last minute to accommodate Brook and then not playing him is right up there isn't it

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I wish CWC was in the format 16 team Euros were in.

Upsets in games actually had an impact, as top teams would crash out earlier than usual in case they were on the receiving end - 2007 WC was one sch instance, but they fecked it with super 8s.

The current format is way too long to determine the best team when there are just 10 teams participating.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Disappointing WC from Pakistan overall. I didn’t think we’d get to the SFs at the start of the tournament, and getting 5th is where I’d place us but it all feels a bit deflatory.

Our bowling line up has been really poor - I can’t remember a time where it’s been this bad. Our seam/pace is all over the shop (noting Naseem was missing though). Shaheen hasn’t looked himself since coming back from injury, Haris was all over the place. Hasan Ali poor. Wasim Jnr not much better (although he showed some potential in todays game).

The main thing is we lack a world class spinner. We’ve had a pretty continuous thread of a world class spin option since Abdul Qadir, Mushie, Saqlain, Ajmal, Afridi etc. I was hoping Shadab would pick up that mantle but he’s been in woeful form.

Batting isn’t much better - Babar has had a pretty underwhelming World Cup. We really missed Fakhar for those middle games. We’re too passive in the power play without him which beings on too much pressure for our middle order. All in all lots of thinking to do on our 50 over team. Still not convinced on Babar’s captaincy - would rather see Rizwan as whiteball captain (just don’t leave him in charge of reviews).

MDFC Manager

Disappointing WC from Pakistan overall. I didn’t think we’d get to the SFs at the start of the tournament, and getting 5th is where I’d place us but it all feels a bit deflatory.

Our bowling line up has been really poor - I can’t remember a time where it’s been this bad. Our seam/pace is all over the shop (noting Naseem was missing though). Shaheen hasn’t looked himself since coming back from injury, Haris was all over the place. Hasan Ali poor. Wasim Jnr not much better (although he showed some potential in todays game).

The main thing is we lack a world class spinner. We’ve had a pretty continuous thread of a world class spin option since Abdul Qadir, Mushie, Saqlain, Ajmal, Afridi etc. I was hoping Shadab would pick up that mantle but he’s been in woeful form.

Batting isn’t much better - Babar has had a pretty underwhelming World Cup. We really missed Fakhar for those middle games. We’re too passive in the power play without him which beings on too much pressure for our middle order. All in all lots of thinking to do on our 50 over team. Still not convinced on Babar’s captaincy - would rather see Rizwan as whiteball captain (just don’t leave him in charge of reviews).
Also the fielding seemed to be from the 90s. There's much work to do there as well.