ICC Cricket World Cup 2023

Parma Dewol

First time trying to actually watch cricket. No clue what’s happening a lot of the time, or who’s most likely to win, but damn, that atmosphere is truly spectacular!

Must be incredible to be in that stadium right now.

Skills

Snitch
First time trying to actually watch cricket. No clue what’s happening a lot of the time, or who’s most likely to win, but damn, that atmosphere is truly spectacular!

That's not really normal. That's India in a home WC final. Normally it's more like a snooker hall

zing

Zingle balls

Welcome - this thread is even better with some excellent even handed analysis

Dannn411

The Aussies handled that about as poorly as you can. Anyone here could have told you that India were going go come out like a house on fire. No need to try to chase boundaries so aggressively. Especially against that attack.

Parma Dewol

Welcome - this thread is even better with some excellent even handed analysis
Totally, I’m using this thread to gauge who has the momentum. Trouble is you lot can’t make your minds up. One minute the Aussies have it in the bag, the next minute it’s India’s to lose. All adds to the suspense I suppose. :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I’m watching a bit of cricket after years. Australia can’t bat - how the mighty have fallen.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The Aussies handled that about as poorly as you can. Anyone here could have told you that India were going go come out like a house on fire. No need to try to chase boundaries so aggressively. Especially against that attack.
Problem is the first 10 overs are the best time to bat. Unless you're 100 % certain heavy due will arrive later in the innings.

mav_9me

Disagree. They know with time the ball will soften and not come on to the bat like it happened with indian innings. Their chance was 70-80 for 1 in 10 overs and then single their way to win...totally get their strategy

AshRK

That was so bad. If india lose that will be why. 10 to 20 runs short.
Look at the aussie batters now, rotating strike. Unless rahul is saying head and maxwell were bowling better than Kuldeep and Jaddu

kiristao

Totally, I’m using this thread to gauge who has the momentum. Trouble is you lot can’t make your minds up. One minute the Aussies have it in the bag, the next minute it’s India’s to lose. All adds to the suspense I suppose. :lol:
It's not us that can't make up our mind. It's how the game is actually going. In footballing terms "it's an end to end contest"

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
This is all they need to do 4-5 an over from singles and that’ll be enough. It’s where I think India should have done better.

prateik

Maxwell is not exactly reliable.
Inglis has an average of 19..
Then the tail..

Aus can't lose any more wickets for the next 20ish overs.

zing

Zingle balls
Travis Head is one of the most impactful players in the world today.

mav_9me

This is very even at this time. Australia have recovered a bit but one wicket and they are rocking again.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Marnus looks nervous. He needs to channel his inner wasteman and realise he has to be there until the 40th over.

Dannn411

Marnus and Head approaching it the way I expected Australia to approach it from ball 1. Smith was doing the right thing too. Defend at the beginning to take the energy out of the crowd, then start chasing. Unfortunately it took them losing 3 wickets to calm down. Now if they lose another wicket, they will be in trouble again.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Travis Head is one of the most impactful players in the world today.
He scored plenty in the Ashes but I was never convinced. However you can't doubt his temperament.

In ODI Cricket through - world class. One of the best right now.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting

Are you sure that's an actual football term?
Don't know why you still Google.

Yes, you can say "it's an end-to-end contest." This phrase is commonly used in sports commentary to describe a game where both teams are continuously attacking and defending with equal intensity, often moving rapidly from one end of the play area to the other. It implies a highly competitive and dynamic match where the advantage frequently shifts between the participants.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Really not convinced on bouncing Head when he is set in ODI Cricket.

the_cliff

This Labusoemthing fellow bats like a tailender
I'm a big critic of his slow run rate but this is kinda what Australia needs at this moment tbf to him.

With Head playing well he just needs to hang in there with him for as long as possible and they'll see it through.