ICC Cricket World Cup 2023

For India to be so cartoonishly dominant all tournament long, barely broken a sweat in any game, and then themselves get absolutely battered in the final in India is very funny. I think we all have to agree about that.

This has been an embarrassment for the Indian side, effectively have been thrashed.

It's bloody insane. I suspect the locals don't even care about the game but they keep producing winning teams.

Spent time in Australia and talked to a lot over the years to get the impression that while cricket may not be the number 1 sport in terms of tribal support compared to the footy codes, it is the one sport where most people of all ages have at least some passing interest. I get the impression that's why the Australian cricket team are held to a higher expectation because the casuals who may not have paid much focus when they won every time in the 90s/2000s were well aware when they were going through a decline.

Labuschagne did well to steady the innings but he has stopped India from getting further embarrassed.

Quite an embarassing loss tbh. Instead of going full on when Aussies where 47-3, we let them build on.

Pathetic showing from Indian team overall.

It's the same with the batting. People like to joke about Bazball or intent, but you've got to move the game on. You can't just coast along. You look for wickets, or you look to score runs. You'll get punished for playing passive cricket more often than you will for playing aggressive cricket.

But people seem to get more scarred by aggressive cricket going wrong.

For India to be so cartoonishly dominant all tournament long, barely broken a sweat in any game, and then themselves get absolutely battered in the final in India is very funny. I think we all have to agree about that.

Indeed

So how bad is it going to be in India for the next few days?

What will the atmosphere be like?

You have to think almost everyone assumed they'd win and it would be party time.

Australia winning today doesn't shock me all that much (I hugely expected India to win) but I did not see a thrashing at all. Sport...

The only ones I am sad about are bumrah and shami. Have been the best fast bowlers in the decade and nothing to show for.
The rest of the players, the staff and bcci can seriously feck off.

You have to think almost everyone assumed they'd win and it would be party time.

shirt burnings all round.

Am I right in thinking Australia lost two games in the group, and got revenge on those two teams in the semi and final?

The good news is that there are no obvious scapegoats. That tends to get ugly, esp if the scapegoat is Muslim

For which reason a part of me wished Rohit went to someone other than Siraj

Maxwell should get the runs and cheer like it's all thanks to him today

These god damn Australians. Mentality monsters.

Weren't even that good in this tournament.

Labuschagne did well to steady the innings but he has stopped India from getting further embarrassed.
Outside Travis Head, he is the other reason they have won the world cup. He did the exact thing that was needed.

42 balls left jeez. And that was with Australia strolling at times. That's about 60-70 short

Top 3 bottlers in cricket?

1. South Africa
2. New Zealand
3. India

Admittedly New Zealand aren't the favourites often, but not winning anything still has to go against them.

I started watching cricket in 2003 and watching us lose to Australia in that WC was heartbreaking to say the least. The fact that this has happened again - 6 more runs than what we could score 20 years ago and another ~200 run partnership from the Aussies to demolish us. I'm lost for words.

The number of times this team has let us down since 2011 is incredible. ALWAYS collapsed when it mattered the most. And this won't be the last.