ICC T20 World Cup 2021

slyadams

It read like half the people in the thread had never watched a T20 before.
Yup. I also would never declare any T20 with 165 on the board 'over'. Early wickets and everything changes. On a good pitch you'd chase his 3/4 of the time, but that's by no means 'over'.

zing

Zingle balls
Yup. I also would never declare any T20 with 165 on the board 'over'. Early wickets and everything changes. On a good pitch you'd chase his 3/4 of the time, but that's by no means 'over'.
I might be in the minority, but I have no concept of what a good score is till the match is over in T20

It's not like test where you know whether the guy with better technique is more defensive/struggling, and can gauge the pitch

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Exciting test match this. Could these two see out this evening session? Only 11 more overs to survive

slyadams

NZ have done well to steady things here. Only 10 runs behind where England were. However, you can still see how hard it is to get the ball away. Its so similar to the ODI WC final its crazy.

the_cliff

NZ have done well to steady things here. Only 10 runs behind where England were. However, you can still see how hard it is to get the ball away. Its so similar to the ODI WC final its crazy.
England had one more wicket in the bank and a deeper batting line up. NZ are going to have to start taking more risks now and can't afford to lose many wickets.

slyadams

England had one more wicket in the bank and a deeper batting line up. NZ are going to have to start taking more risks now and can't afford to lose many wickets.
This is true, but these two came together a bit sooner and are therefore now better set.

Dan_F

Why do no balls cost a run and a free hit, where as wides are basically zero punishment?

zing

Zingle balls
CAnt believe they had 30 comms to choose from and decided Sammy, Danny Morrison are the 2 they want for the knockouts

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
CAnt believe they had 30 comms to choose from and decided Sammy, Danny Morrison are the 2 they want for the knockouts
I've not been massively impressed by any of them all tournament. Doull and Hussain the pick maybe?