ICC T20 World Cup 2021

SirAnderson

Well done to NZ, if I had to chose I'd like them to win it, but Pakistan (assuming the beat the Aussies) will be a tough one, much like England though and look what they did to them.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Really boring to mention - but England also win that game chasing.

That aspect has really been shite in this World Cup.

Hopefully whoever bats first in the final gets a stupidly big score.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
New Zealand smashed it. Deserved the win. Was cussing Mitchell for the first 40 odd deliveries but he absolutely killed it in the end.

Spoony

The People's President

England struggled/lost chasing against SA. It comes down to tight margins, England should've got over the line.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
England struggled/lost chasing against SA. It comes down to tight margins, England should've got over the line.
They should have, that's true.

SA posted a proper score and it was a bit of a dead rubber. Hard to read much into that.

Anyway no need to over analyse really. Well done the Kiwi's

Spoony

The People's President
They should have, that's true.

SA posted a proper score and it was a bit of a dead rubber. Hard to read much into that.

Anyway no need to over analyse really. Well done the Kiwi's

The batting has always been great but losing Roy was the key. I had my doubts when he got injured.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Neesham with a match winning innings, glad it was him of all people. Hope either NZ or Pakistan win.

AshRK

Good win for NZ. Now hope they win the final as well.

Another game where toss played a key role. It has been a poor WC.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Good win for NZ. Now hope they win the final as well.

Another game where toss played a key role. It has been a poor WC.
Toss played a role but England should have done better with the bat, and their death bowling was poor as expected. In the end NZ deserved to win.

JohnnyKills

Not sure we would. Death bowling was always going to be a problem. We lost both games after Mills' injury.

NZ knew we had nothing at the death so just kept wickets in hand. Fair play to them - there's all kinds of redemption arcs going on after the World Cup.

England just had too many injuries. You can't lose half a team and expect to win a tournament. But there's another one next year and we'll hopefully have all those players back. Roy-Buttler-Stokes-Bairstow-Morgan-Livingstone-Moeen-Archer-Rashid-Mills-Wood should be hard to beat in Australia.

AshRK

Toss played a role but England should have done better with the bat, and their death bowling was poor as expected. In the end NZ deserved to win.
Not disputing that but I still feel Eng would have won if they bowled first. I don't think any game where toss becomes such a deciding factor is a good thing. Eng have been pretty good this tournament and the moment they lose the toss and bat first you could see other team do well. Pakistan have been lucky with the toss but I wouldn't be surprised if they after having played such brilliantly go out because of toss.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Not disputing that but I still feel Eng would have won if they bowled first. I don't think any game where toss becomes such a deciding factor is a good thing. Eng have been pretty good this tournament and the moment they lose the toss and bat first you could see other team do well. Pakistan have been lucky with the toss but I wouldn't be surprised if they after having played such brilliantly go out because of toss.
Remember a venue in SA in 2003 WC where batting first absolutely results in winning because of seaming conditions in the evening. Seeing Yousuf Youhanna getting bowled by Jimmy Anderson to an unbelievable ball, thought this should never happen in cricket. :lol:

AshRK

Toss shouldn't affect the better sides. England would've won that game with Roy.
It's easier said than done. With dew it becomes much easier to bat. You could see ball skidding on easily as the match progressed. Rashid struggled to get a proper grip. I don't think I have seen any other WC especially t20 where toss played such a key role.

AshRK

Remember a venue in SA in 2003 WC where batting first absolutely results in winning because of seaming conditions in the evening. Seeing Yousuf Youhanna getting bowled by Jimmy Anderson to an unbelievable ball, thought this should never happen in cricket. :lol:
Yes. Even Wankede in Mumbai is similar. Still remember how indian spinners couldn't grip the ball and Simmons just blew us and took WI to the finals. Always feel if we chased that game we would have also won.

JohnnyKills

It's easier said than done. With dew it becomes much easier to bat. You could see ball skidding on easily as the match progressed. Rashid struggled to get a proper grip. I don't think I have seen any other WC especially t20 where toss played such a key role.
Next one is in Australia right? Should be a cracker.

Dan_F

Toss shouldn't affect the better sides. England would've won that game with Roy.
Possibly. But NZ still could have found another 20 runs the way they were going. I just think everything has to go almost perfectly to win as the side batting first, especially in those conditions.

The only way to stop the chasing team is wickets. If you get to 15 overs down and the chasing team has only lost 3/4 wickets, it feels like they’ll chase it 9 out of 10 times regardless.

Spoony

The People's President
Possibly. But NZ still could have found another 20 runs the way they were going. I just think everything has to go almost perfectly to win as the side batting first, especially in those conditions.

The only way to stop the chasing team is wickets. If you get to 15 overs down and the chasing team has only lost 3/4 wickets, it feels like they’ll chase it 9 out of 10 times regardless.

England screwed a chase against SA, Afghanistan almost turned Pakistan over. I still think the best sides shouldn't be affected that much by the toss. India getting hammered in the first two games was not down to the toss. NZ bowled them out for 110 and Pakistan destroyed their top order. Afghanistan did better batting first. Australia got walloped by England, surely they should be scoring more. Maybe teams have to be more on their game batting first but the best teams should be able to pull it off or at least put up a score first up.

Last edited:

Cloud7

Really happy for New Zealand. If it’s not us I’m always glad it’s them