ICC T20 World Cup 2021

Cloud7

Rally round the West Indies always gives me chills. By far my favorite sporting related song.

Dudu

Expect this to be pretty high scoring given it's Dubai and these two teams.

Although apprently its a brand new deck, so who knows.

zing

Zingle balls
Rally round the West Indies always gives me chills. By far my favorite sporting related song.
Ignorant question - is it only in cricket the Caribbean islands play under one banner? Is there any other sport or elsewhere the West Indies identity exists?

Dudu

Some awful shot selection.

Mind you, still have firepower left with Pooran-Polly-Dre Russ.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
england will still allow windies to post 130 odd.

Dudu

Nevermind that it's T20s.. WI should have played Roston Chase simply since they're playing England. :wenger:

Cloud7

Ignorant question - is it only in cricket the Caribbean islands play under one banner? Is there any other sport or elsewhere the West Indies identity exists?
Yup only cricket. Everything else we have individual teams.

Cloud7

Staking our claim for most embarrassing performance of the tournament :lol:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
They’ll struggle to get to 100 from here.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Bloody hell, Windies are 6 down but still have Pollard and Russell out there

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
That's a big wicket. Windies shouldn't be able to set anything competitive from here.

Dudu

55. So poor. Threw half of those wickets away.

At a minimum should have played out the 20 overs. NRR could be huge in Group A and WI's NRR will now take a nosedive.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Some of the nations who didn't qualify would have done better. Diabolical performance, not a single player took responsibility, such casual shot selection.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Those that have been calling this the 'group of death' can't have watched much cricket in recent years. England apart it's filled with a lot of average teams.

The other group is easily more difficult where one of the top 4 ranked teams will miss out.

DOTA

Thought England were very good there, as obviously inept as Windies were.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Those that have been calling this the 'group of death' can't have watched much cricket in recent years. England apart it's filled with a lot of average teams.

The other group is easily more difficult where one of the top 4 ranked teams will miss out.

That’s just simply not true at all. Whatever you think of any of these teams the fact is that all of them are capable of beating each other on a good day . 3 teams in the other group have 0 chance of qualifying

zing

Zingle balls
Wi bowling looks very ordinary. Rampaul, Hosein and McCoy were bowlers I had not seen. Two of them till now look normal. Rampaul 10 years ago was good.

DOTA

More than half this Windies team are 33 years old or more.

Dudu

That’s just simply not true at all. Whatever you think of any of these teams the fact is that all of them are capable of beating each other on a good day . 3 teams in the other group have 0 chance of qualifying
Agreed.

Also this is clearly not the 150-160 surface we expected. Not straightforward to play on. Had Windies even done marginally better with the bat this could have been a closer game.

DOTA

Hope we get better cricket tomorrow.

Dudu

Standings after today.

Massive NRR of almost 4 for Eng. Sadly, I think WI will come to regret the extent of this loss.. hard to turn that around in just 4 games.