Ideas For Fantasy Draft Match Threads (New Ways Of Playing Out Matches)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annahnomoss

I have visions of some kind of IKEA store run by...no, forget it.

National stereotypes. Never a good starting point for jokes.

I prefer to look at Balu not so much as a German, but as an easy-going Indian bear - with a dark side. You - you're more like Brolin, I imagine. A flawed genius of some sort.
Our friendship is over. Brolin is a national treasure damn it. If it wasn't for attempting one of the most deadly, and most hauntingly beautiful, Ballet moves there is - the aerial pirouette with studs - he'd have been one of the greatest of his time. Swedes still can't watch "Bring it on" without shedding a tear for one of our greatest heroes ever, Tomas Brolin.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Participants so far:

1. Chesterlestreet
2. Theon
3. Skizzo
4. Joga Bonito
5. The Stain
6. Edgar Allan Pillow
7. Šjor Bepo
8. Raees
9. PedroMendez

7 spots open. The draft will start after the Easter holidays. Let's say Wednesday, April 8th.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Our friendship is over. Brolin is a national treasure damn it.
'Course he is. But, seriously, it was a compliment, you mad Swede - a flawed genius is all aces in my book. I like flawed geniuses much better than un-flawed ones.

Skizzo

Who are these people? They could be maniacs for all we know. Agents from another forum, sent to undermine and ultimately destroy our way of life. They could all be fake accounts created by anto too...I wouldn't put that past him.
I won a draft in the newbies by forfeit after my opponent created several fake accounts to vote for himself. The struggle is real.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I won a draft in the newbies by forfeit after my opponent created several fake accounts to vote for himself. The struggle is real.
This confirms my view of the modern world.

It's all a simulacrum, as the man said. Except for beer. Beer has a materiality to it which the Internet, with all its lies, can never take away.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Non-alcoholic beer has made me weary.
Yeah - non-alcoholic beer is one of the seven signs of the true apocalypse. Not that biblical thing people believe in - but the real one.

Booze than ain't booze, ice cream that ain't ice cream, pathological idiots (rather than just generally not very bright people, which has pretty much always been the norm) as heads of state, bog standard idiots being able to spread their ideas to a vast amount of similar minded yokels...

That's four. There are three more. One of them has to do with the standard of meat used in modern hotdogs. But I won't divulge more - I've said too much as it is.

Annahnomoss

Yeah - non-alcoholic beer is one of the seven signs of the true apocalypse. Not that biblical thing people believe in - but the real one.

Booze than ain't booze, ice cream that ain't ice cream, pathological idiots (rather than just generally not very bright people, which has pretty much always been the norm) as heads of state, bog standard idiots being able to spread their ideas to a vast amount of similar minded yokels...

That's four. There are three more. One of them has to do with the standard of meat used in modern hotdogs. But I won't divulge more - I've said too much as it is.
:lol:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Who are these people? They could be maniacs for all we know. Agents from another forum, sent to undermine and ultimately destroy our way of life. They could all be fake accounts created by anto too...I wouldn't put that past him.
It's Barney
I guess that the very first pick will be player born today.

PS. English wiki is wrong with his birth tomorrow.
Nah, there is a clear stand-out player in terms of European performances, imo. It would be interesting to see who will be picked first though.

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Why have I not thought about that before?

I guess that the very first pick will be player born today.

PS. English wiki is wrong with his birth tomorrow.
The first player that comes to my mind. I think he is the most well-known player from Central European International Cup, especially among scan voters

Skizzo

Was thinking about something today, not sure if it's been discussed before or not.

Basically its a regular draft format, 8 or 16 managers or w/e. Except you pick the worst players you can. Twist is, you pick for the person after you. You can't pick 11 goalkeepers, you have to pick players that they can make a legitimate formation for. Then you have to put together a team with the players you have been dealt. Same voting process, team that would likely win if they met. Could be a complete farce, but thought it might be an interesting switch, for giggles if nothing else.

And i do like a good giggle.

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Was thinking about something today, not sure if it's been discussed before or not.

Basically its a regular draft format, 8 or 16 managers or w/e. Except you pick the worst players you can. Twist is, you pick for the person after you. You can't pick 11 goalkeepers, you have to pick players that they can make a legitimate formation for. Then you have to put together a team with the players you have been dealt. Same voting process, team that would likely win if they met. Could be a complete farce, but thought it might be an interesting switch, for giggles if nothing else.

Perhaps the "sheep" must meet certain criteria so that the chosen players are not so useless. Also, halfway through with 4-5 players to fill, managers get to choose their own players to turn things around

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

You should've included this in your sheep draft :lol:
A hidden bonus round

Kazi

Both teams give a quick overview of their team in the OP.

Then take it in turns to debate with the other guy in the thread. Three posts each done simultaneously with a 100 word limit on each post. Keep thread locked until both the OP and those six posts have been completed, then open thread and voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.