Ideas For Fantasy Draft Match Threads (New Ways Of Playing Out Matches)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
As others have said, I'm not keen on the injury idea which adds unnecessary luck I feel.

Skizzo

Edgar I think you're just being a jerk for the sake of it with these random events. Drama for the sake of it. Just for your own cheap thrills most likely.

:D

I'm fine either way.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
If we still lack, I can pitch myself in to make numbers, but we need 2 more at minimum.
Go on then if you need the numbers, I might need to draft in some help at some point because work is very busy at the moment.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Even with me, we still need one more. I got a couple of busy weeks too to do proper research.

Let's give it a day or two. Surely there'll be some interest!
Aye, the good thing with this draft is that it doesn't require much research. I might need assistance with the picks because I can't log onto the Caf at work.

You're good to start now I think, me, you and isotope makes 16.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Time to come up with the next theme! We already started discussing some kind of PL draft. So what say ye?

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Well we've done a PL draft before and we're just finishing up a modern one so, in the interests of variety, we should probably be looking at something fresh.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
count me in for the next one :)
before i was promoted i suggested in the newbies something like "trophyless draft" as we always ended with dream teams at the end so this would be good to change the pool of players.
There are a few options we could use:
  • players that never won anything
  • players that didnt win the league
  • players that never won the tournament based competition(club and national)

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Hottest wags all time draft. Peak wag counts.
Combined with bid draft. For ex. $40m for Blind's wag is the starting price. Then we can do trading as well, if you get bored with what you have.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
count me in for the next one :)
before i was promoted i suggested in the newbies something like "trophyless draft" as we always ended with dream teams at the end so this would be good to change the pool of players.
There are a few options we could use:
  • players that never won anything
  • players that didnt win the league
  • players that never won the tournament based competition(club and national)
We had that as criteria's in both The Criteria draft and recent Sheep one. The trick is to make sure that draft doesn't become all mediocre player teams.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
My suggestion would be a mix of decade/nationality.

- All time draft with 2 block rounds (32 players out).
- Not more than 2 players per decade.
- Not more than 2 player per country (as per anto's nationality description).
That sounds like a mindfeck, you twisted bastard.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
How about adding the Formation that needs to be used. A classic 4-4-2 is a good start (not even 4-4-1-1, who could be just a variation of 4-2-3-1). Or if you want to be more adventurous, 3-2-x-x.

Other idea could be by picking up one football philosophy, and all team should adhere to it. For instance, the Dutch total football, Sachie's Milan, Pep's Barca, etc. That would be a good education to learn different type of systems.

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
How about adding the Formation that needs to be used. A classic 4-4-2 is a good start (not even 4-4-1-1, who could be just a variation of 4-2-3-1). Or if you want to be more adventurous, 3-2-x-x.

Other idea could be by picking up one football philosophy, and all team should adhere to it. For instance, the Dutch total football, Sachie's Milan, Pep's Barca, etc. That would be a good education to learn different type of systems.
I remember how I lost after @Edgar Allan Pillow (or someone else? I don't remember it as well as I thought I were :lol: Maybe it was someone else) decided that my 4-3-3 was a diamond. After spefically saying that it wasn't a diamond at the start of the game.

To hell with those formations - they are too open for interpretations.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
My suggestion would be a mix of decade/nationality.

- All time draft with 2 block rounds (32 players out).
- Not more than 2 players per decade.
- Not more than 2 player per country (as per anto's nationality description).
The harder the better. I like it and I want to play, my last draft "run" was frustrating as hell :( Not sure if I will have enough time with work, but I probably will

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I remember how I lost after @Edgar Allan Pillow (or someone else? I don't remember it as well as I thought I were :lol: Maybe it was someone else) decided that my 4-3-3 was a diamond. After spefically saying that it wasn't a diamond at the start of the game.

To hell with those formations - they are too open for interpretations.
It was me. :D

@Isotope I did experiment with the formations criteria in the Reality Draft. Sadly not many takers and lots of confusion on whether it is this or that as difference is quite grey. take back and read through the draft if you have the time. Turned out quite fun, Tevezobola and all!

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
We kinda did that with the manager draft.

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
How about this? "The square-peg-in-round-hole" draft. All players must play "out-of-position", e.g. O' Shea as keeper, Rafael as AM, Barthez as striker. A great chance to embrace the philosophy

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We kinda did that with the manager draft.
Yes. But it's just scrapping the surface, as only one team was in charge of one manager. And it ended up as regular match 4-2-3-1 against 4-4-2 and such, which the former almost come out as winner.

With one theme for all, it will emphasize more in picking players and how to utilize them. Hopefully it won't end up just 'another' game of who has the most galacticos.

Skizzo

Yes. But it's just scrapping the surface, as only one team was in charge of one manager. And it ended up as regular match 4-2-3-1 against 4-4-2 and such, which the former almost come out as winner.

With one theme for all, it will emphasize more in picking players and how to utilize them. Hopefully it won't end up just 'another' game of who has the most galacticos.
:lol: That'll be the day. Just slap any big name players together. Guaranteed to win :)

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
someone here(not sure if this topic) talked about the draft where you pick one player and then build a team around him with only his teammates, sounds fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.