"If it is 0-0 with twenty minutes to go I'll be happy"

Rory 7

:rolleyes:

Love the man but that quote from SAF is the reason why we won't go through tonight. The tempo of our game has to be top notch right from the off. We need an early goal. Milan will be over the moon if its nil-nil with twenty mins left...none better at playing out a game they've already won.

Rory 7

I don't think he is being negative. I just think in his drive to beat Milan tactically we lose something in terms of sheer energy and momentum.

We are always at our best in Europe when we come out flying at teams, Italian defenders fear the likes of Giggs runnning at them, we should be doing that from the off.

My big fear with this game is it will go the same way as Munich in 2001. Milan will be happy to slow the game down to their tempo and run down the clock. This game needs a United goal before the 70 min mark. Otherwise its game over, thats my opinion anyway.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Hmmm, lets wait and atleast see the team he puts out.
I have feeling only one of Ronaldo and giggs will start i.e. Ronaldo will be dropped

wancolos

Diarrhetic homosexual- likes to beat Noggies with
If we are going to make it tonight we need to do one thing. A T T A C K !
We should most definatly play both Giggs and Ronaldo.

Rory 7

I think you're right and I think it will give greater balance to the team is Giggs and Ronaldo are not starting. Just hope we play at a high tempo thats all....0-0 at 70 mins and its game over.

Looking Busy

We have to go full speed right from the kick off, our passing needs to be slick and our finishing for once clinical.
This Milan defense will not give us many opportunities and if it's 0-0 with 20 minutes to go they will just close down and we'll be fecked

geek

Misnamed: I'm totally clueless as well
Don't believe the above. It's all lies. ;)
Fergie is saying this to make Milan think we'll start defensively. So their strategy might be to attack, allowing us to then break on the counter. It's the only way they'll crack.

Looking Busy

geek said:
Fergie is saying this to make Milan think we'll start defensively. So their strategy might be to attack, allowing us to then break on the counter. It's the only way they'll crack.
If we play at our best, I don't think the Milan defense will be able to hold out for 90 minutes. We've dominated good teams this year but not had the cutting edge in front of goal. Chelsea at the start of the season being the obvious one.

Tonight we have the attack available to be able to break them down, but they have to be at their best

CantonaVeron

Ronaldo with definatley start imo, there is no way Fergie would have rested him at the weekend otherwise. We will start with Giggs in the middle with Scholes, Keane with Ronaldo and Rooney behind Ruud imo. It won't be a formation change but Giggs with have a lot of responsibility.

Shane B

Not Fat, Old, Racist or Scouse
Rory 7 said:
:rolleyes:

Love the man but that quote from SAF is the reason why we won't go through tonight. The tempo of our game has to be top notch right from the off. We need an early goal. Milan will be over the moon if its nil-nil with twenty mins left...none better at playing out a game they've already won.
So your not optomistic then? ;)

Kinky Melinky

Not being funny but, how can you 'believe' we can win, but then think we won't. Like do you mean that it is within our ability, but the chances are we won't use that ability ?

Looking Busy

Kinky Melinky said:
Not being funny but, how can you 'believe' we can win, but then think we won't. Like do you mean that it is within our ability, but the chances are we won't use that ability ?
Yeah. I believe we have the players to win, but just don't think we will.

I'd love to be proved wrong

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
if we score we have a better chance if it is before the 70th minute as nearer the end of the game Milan will be keeping everyone back to sit on their lead. I know we have a good record of scoring late but tonights game will take a lot out of the players

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
crappycraperson said:
Hmmm, lets wait and atleast see the team he puts out.
I have feeling only one of Ronaldo and giggs will start i.e. Ronaldo will be dropped
NOoo!! :(

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
arse pucker time is nearly here. I know I'll be clenched up at gametime.

not too worried about what SAF says, more concerned about what he does, wrt to team selection, tactics etc.

Pscholes18

we need at leats one goal in the first half....at least!!!!!! has to be 1 nil going into the second...then we can win it the second half.