If Mourinho is sacked, who will be the one that can lead this club back to glory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckooo1978

We've seemingly tried three distinct approaches in the post-Fergie era:

1. Cut from the same cloth manager - who'd maybe grow into the responsibility. Ultra FAIL
Do you mean 'from Scotland' when you say cut from the same cloth? :lol:

We're talking about a man who destroyed the Old Firm dominance and won a European trophy beating the likes of Munich and Madrid!

Not exactly the same as Preston and Everton's exploits

Yakuza_devils

Follow Barca and Real blueprint. Build the squad with enough "galaticos", it doesn't matter who become the manager. Give it to Giggsy :devil:

Plan B. Given that it's very hard to buy world best players now we should only hire the best manager. Currently, only Ancellotti fit the bill. No more experiment like LVG and Moyes. Heck, not even up and coming manager like Pochettino, Simeone and etc, they may crumble at Man Utd in one of the biggest club in the world.

AndyJ1985

Embarrassing to have a thread that even hypothetically talks about Jose being sacked.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Embarrassing to have a thread that even hypothetically talks about Jose being sacked.
Why?
He'll be here next season, it's questionable post that, if he keeps publically shaming and alienating squad members, it's not hard to envision a mutiny occurring ala what happened with Chelsea 2x and Real.
Since he's been here, its become pretty obvious why his players eventually get fed up with him at previous clubs.

AndyJ1985

Why?
He'll be here next season, it's questionable post that, if he keeps publically shaming and alienating squad members, it's not hard to envision a mutiny occurring ala what happened with Chelsea 2x and Real.
If players he criticises can't handle it then it's them that should be sacked, not Mourinho. We need strong characters, not soft pricks who are going to cause grief in the dressing room because they've been called out on their shit performances.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
If players he criticises can't handle it then it's them that should be sacked, not Mourinho. We need strong characters, not soft pricks who are going to cause grief in the dressing room because they've been called out on their shit performances.
The world doesn't work that way. :lol: the squad just eventually turns against him, ala whats happened at every other club he's been at.
One thing players would always say about Sir Alex, is he'd protect them publicly and scream at them privately, they felt protected by a manager they could trust.
Not this asshat throwing his players under the bus to suit.

Last edited:

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Do you mean 'from Scotland' when you say cut from the same cloth? :lol:

We're talking about a man who destroyed the Old Firm dominance and won a European trophy beating the likes of Munich and Madrid!

Not exactly the same as Preston and Everton's exploits
Yeah, just to clarify - it was only in reference to the superficial narrative™ the club and loads of popular media outlets rolled out at the times of his appointment:

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-05-09/moyes-cut-from-same-cloth-as-predecessors/
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/12/07/david-moyes-manchester-united_n_4405326.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...oth-Manchester-Uniteds-Sir-Alex-Ferguson.html

Rather than some actual comparison between Fergie and David. :D

Cliche Guevara

In the spirit of the topic:

Should we require to find ourselves a new manager, for whatever reason, I'd like someone exciting and reckless.

I think it's all been a bit too studious and methodical in the last few seasons, which shouldn't really be necessary for United.

Last edited:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Poch would be my choice for sure

He is turning into a superb manager
Hasn't won anything yet though.... also a bit worrying how he approached the CL.. still not quite convinced about him..

Edit - just to add, also worrying how they collapsed last season with only Leicester to challenge..

dove

For those who are suggesting Pochettino, why do you think he would leave Spurs for us? I know we are a bigger club but at the moment Spurs are a better team than us.
Sacking Mou would be stupid as there is simply no one else to replace him. We had to sack LVG because he was retiring anyway and Mou was available but this situation is different. Give him at least another summer transfer window to fix the squad and then if we fail to reach TOP 4 next year, only then we could consider sacking him.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Jose will obviously not be sacked unless he completely loses the dressing room. He should get another season at least.
He's done most things ok, but it's also a bit worrying some of the decisions he takes. If he could just park his ego for a bit, and put the club's best interests' at the top of his priority list (whether or not that includes his favourite players), I for one would feel more comfortable.

I really don't mind us being out of top four (even if it's bad for us financially), as long as the manager is doing things the right way. We're not a million miles off, but I just worry emotional Mo will create problems where there should be none. Honestly, he strikes me as his own worse enemy.

Having said that, I don't think he should be sacked after one season. I just hope he gets it together somehow..

Edit -oh yes, as to the question of who could take over - haven't got a name. I just want a manager that does the simple things first of all - like playing the players in their right positions; and not alienating players for petty reasons. He should show clear improvement and a solid plan; adaptability; and be able to use various man management techniques to get the best out of his players.
And - he should not have any favourites! It's been killing us. We had LVG and Rooney, now Mo and Zlatan. A team shouldn't operate like that.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Give it Giggsy etc...

One of the biggest reasons not to sack Mourinho is because we already have one of the very best available. Said in another thread, I don't care if we finish 6th with no trophies this year. He should get a second season.

buckooo1978

Yeah, just to clarify - it was only in reference to the superficial narrative™ the club and loads of popular media outlets rolled out at the times of his appointment:

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-05-09/moyes-cut-from-same-cloth-as-predecessors/
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/12/07/david-moyes-manchester-united_n_4405326.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...oth-Manchester-Uniteds-Sir-Alex-Ferguson.html

Rather than some actual comparison between Fergie and David. :D
Im not buying it.....

Be honest...are you David Moyes?

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
I was one of those that didn't like the idea of Mourinho taking charge, but it's really horrified to think what will happen if someone like him couldn't be able to fix this club. Who do you think is "the one" that we should turn towards in the hypothetical scenario that Mourinho couldn't make it? Should we try to get someone like Ancelotti, or should we take a risk and go with someone like that Hoffenheim manager? (I'm very bad at remembering foreign names)

This is not a MourinhoOut thread, just a question out of curiosity.
I cant even think who Id like to replace him as he's not even at the club a year yet and only getting started.

I think he's the right man for the job here so there's your answer :D

wolvored

I would like Mourinho to be given 2 years at least as I think next season will be a great one. He will of had 12 months 'bedding in', and after the transfer window I'm sure we will have a much better squad, with some deadwood gone and top players bought in. Dont all laugh at once but the Hull manager Silva has impressed me. Hes come in and has transformed them immediately. If he moved on to say a Southampton/Everton level and did well he could be one to watch out for in a few years time. Remember Pochettino started out here at Southampton.

wolvored

For those who are suggesting Pochettino, why do you think he would leave Spurs for us? I know we are a bigger club but at the moment Spurs are a better team than us.
Sacking Mou would be stupid as there is simply no one else to replace him. We had to sack LVG because he was retiring anyway and Mou was available but this situation is different. Give him at least another summer transfer window to fix the squad and then if we fail to reach TOP 4 next year, only then we could consider sacking him.
Exactly. Folks think we would click our fingers and he would come running. We missed out when he left Southampton for Spurs. His next job will probably be Spain.

Rory 7

Some very strange reactions to the OP. IF Jose fails to get us back in the CL it is entirely possible the Glazers will sack him. We may not agree with them on that but it is possible.

Theatre of Screams

Wanted us to get Pochettino even before we turned to Jose so would like him above anyone else.

MartialsBeard

Pochettino wouldnt leave last summer for us. its laughable if you think he maraculously would now. Not a chance.

Jose to stay and wed be absolutely mad to sack him.

lysglimt

Scout
I don't like Mourinho - I think everyone knows that, but as we can't keep sacking managers every season - he won't be! Having said that - if he fails to take us to the C.L, he simply has done a poor job. But he won't be sacked!

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I don't like Mourinho - I think everyone knows that, but as we can't keep sacking managers every season - he won't be! Having said that - if he fails to take us to the C.L, he simply has done a poor job. But he won't be sacked!
Same boat as me

If he fails two seasons in a row, though that might be a different story

The pressure next season will be immense if he fails to get top 4 or the europa league win

Crustanoid

Should be judged after a few transfer windows. League position isn't everything at this stage

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Benitez taking over from Jose?! That didn't end so well at Inter in 2010...

Camilo

I'd give Moyes a shot. Showed what he can do when given time at Everton, has a record managing a big team, has a continental style picked up during a spell in Spain, and currently working wonders with a Sunderland team who are barely good enough for the championship.

I think it's worth a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.