If Mourinho is sacked, who will be the one that can lead this club back to glory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsd

The Oracle
Marco Silva ...a joke now but he is impressing me and i have a feeling her will be a top manager

unitedforeveral

Honestly in my opinion, if Jose can't fix it, it might be very hard for anyone else. I admit that Jose has had it bad for a season and a half now with Chelsea sacking and a slow first half here but he's a guy with an attacking attitude and he will win at least one title with him...

Manny

Grammar Police
Roy Hodgson.

Passive enough not to upset the caf or it's social media darlings and fledgling sweethearts. Fans might just give him a chance. Won't win shite though.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
If Mourinho can't fix this mess then it doesn't really matter who we appoint. Might as well be Giggs. Or Neville. Won't make much of a difference.

Acquire Me

He will not be sacked. To be fair on him, he has been pretty good so far. It will take time to build something great. I expect us to fight for the title next season and not because I'm just optimistic.

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
If Utd don't finish in top 4 for 2 consecutive years, you guys think he wont be sacked then?

Celestiale

I for one will celebrate when he is gone, regardless what we achieve - apart from the championship or the CL title. This trembling for top 4 is pathetic for our club.
Who could lead us back to glory? Still the same managers that could have done it already 3 years ago...Simeone, Pocchettino, Sarri

WhoDaGOAT

I think failure to secure Champions League football via the league would be a disaster. A failure. But I would accept it should we win The League Cup and The Europa League.

The squad will look very different by January 2018. Rooney, Schweinsteiger, Young, Carrick, Smalling and possibly even Shaw will all be gone, or at least not involved as regularly in Carrick's case.

Griezmann and Bakayoko are two definite arrivals this summer, I believe.

dichinero

If and only if then it will be if there is another Pochettino out there!

Acquire Me

Ya. Its just a hypothetical situation though. Would you sack him if he gets 4th this season and 5th next?
That would be progressing the wrong way, so he would be under pressure then. Anyone would. Manchester United should play in the Champions League every season.

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
That would be progressing the wrong way, so he would be under pressure then. Anyone would. Manchester United should play in the Champions League every season.
Well, not like United have a birth - right , do they? Thankfully there is a method for qualification or else United would actually play in it every season undeservingly.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Bring back Moyes! He was the Chosen One for a reason. He has a true winner's personality and nothing can keep him down. He simply wasn't given enough time.

Manny

Grammar Police
Well, not like United have a birth - right , do they? Thankfully there is a method for qualification or else United would actually play in it every season undeservingly.
Did he say it's a birth right?

Not sure why opposition fans get so bent out of shape over that expression. One of the biggest clubs in the world should have a team capable of making the top 4. If not, it is a massive failure.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
"I'm not proposing Mourinho gets sacked, but let's start a long thread discussing who should be our next manager"

Giggs86

Hypothetically - no one. If Mourinho can't fix it then no one else can.

Status
Not open for further replies.